All Ireland Final tickets

Started by Lazer, August 31, 2010, 12:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

I take it none go on general sale ?

wavesofTORRES

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on September 05, 2010, 10:48:15 AM
Quote from: Class of 99 on September 04, 2010, 11:06:18 PM
I'm a long time living in Dublin but still manage to get to most Mckeena cup, league and Championship games. However no longer affilated with any club and panic is starting to kick in now. I have cast the net as far as I possible can as have all family members but I just can't see a situation that we dont get tickets but most leads have bit a brick wall, a nervous and a few sleepless nights lie in wait

I find that highly dubious. If you had done that they you would of surely got/heard of the season ticket. Nothing like and All Ireland final to bring out the bandwagoners.
Nothing like an all Ireland Final to bring out the sanctimonious judgemental clampetts! My Sundays are spent like so many others ferrying our underage girls and boys teams around the county, which doesnt leave much time to get to NL games but I know which I get the most satisfaction from. So I guess I also need a ticket for the BANDWAGON.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: DennistheMenace on September 05, 2010, 03:03:07 PM
I take it none go on general sale ?
I think a few go to some shops in and around Croker though they would be sold out now I'd imagine
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Class of 99

Dubious alright PSTG why judge when u have no idea. I'm not on here begging for tickets just stating a concern but as I said in my original post I reckon I will be ok as most know me as a genuine supporter. However I'm sure there are plenty others walking in similar shoes that might not get a ticket that's all.

MCMLX

I know at least one family from Dublin who travel the country to watch Down. You`ll see quite a few southern registered cars with Down flags going to games. Dont be panicking over tickets, we all got them in 91 and we`ll all get them this year.

Hardy

If you didn't get a ticket, you didn't want it badly enough.

caughtredhanded

Quote from: Hardy on September 06, 2010, 10:30:42 AM
If you didn't get a ticket, you didn't want it badly enough.

Absolutely 100% true, you will spend a few days sweating over a ticket and then get 'sorted out'. Its always the way.

I work for a bank which doesn't even sponsor the AI anymore. In 08 I had one customer come in and threaten to withdraw all their accounts unless we 'got them a ticket' Thats the kind of s@#t you need when you're still trying to get one for yourself and a significant other. Its the lazy bandwagon jumpers that spoil it in the run up.

Lecale2

rossglass

does anyone know if the clubs throughout the country have received their tickets yet?

tyronebhoy

Quote from: Doohicky on September 02, 2010, 10:07:54 PM

I know if you make your way down to Dublin you will likely get a ticket, but I just can't risk it in case I don't. I can't afford to pay for it all, but if I have a ticket I will (if you understand).

Despite following Tyrone to 80-90% of their games for the last 8 years I have never been able to get a ticket to the final, probably due to the fact I am not the type to beg all round the place, and don't happen to be one of those 'in the know'.

It's annoying but that's life

Similar situation to you.  I'm not from Tyrone but my Ma is and that's why I support them.  Not a member of any club or anything but like going to the county games.  Have been going regularly since about 2001 or 2002 and in 2003 the only game I missed was the final.  Went to almost all games in 04 and 05 and managed to get a ticket in 05 from some dude on ebay, £100 for a Hill ticket but swapped is outside the ground for a seated one.

Again, went to all the games the next couple of years and was very lucky to get a ticket in 08 from a friend who is in a club in Tyrone.  Got the season ticket this year (didn't know about it until the Tyrone one was sold out last year) and I think it's one of the best things the GAA have come up with recently.

I had read somewhere that there would be a small allocation of tickets if your minor county got to the final but can't see any more information on that.  We can but hope.

Might even win one or two in the draw they do.

swagger

Quote from: tyronebhoy on September 06, 2010, 01:52:09 PM

I know if you make your way down to Dublin you will likely get a ticket, but I just can't risk it in case I don't. I can't afford to pay for it all, but if I have a ticket I will (if you understand).

Despite following Tyrone to 80-90% of their games for the last 8 years I have never been able to get a ticket to the final, probably due to the fact I am not the type to beg all round the place, and don't happen to be one of those 'in the know'.

Similar situation to you.  I'm not from Tyrone but my Ma is and that's why I support them.  Not a member of any club or anything but like going to the county games.  Have been going regularly since about 2001 or 2002 and in 2003 the only game I missed was the final.  Went to almost all games in 04 and 05 and managed to get a ticket in 05 from some dude on ebay, £100 for a Hill ticket but swapped is outside the ground for a seated one.

Again, went to all the games the next couple of years and was very lucky to get a ticket in 08 from a friend who is in a club in Tyrone.  Got the season ticket this year (didn't know about it until the Tyrone one was sold out last year) and I think it's one of the best things the GAA have come up with recently.

I had read somewhere that there would be a small allocation of tickets if your minor county got to the final but can't see any more information on that.  We can but hope.

on the subjet of minor completing counties, i think that tyrone will get a few thousand for it, saw some notices in the irish news saying for people to apply to their clubs for the tickets. Cork will get a few thousand more tickets than down as their minors are also in the final
riiiiiiiiiite

caughtredhanded

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 06, 2010, 10:59:29 AM
Did you give him one?

eh..no. And I hope we're talking about a ticket.

Pure bluff in the end, they must have bullied some other guy into 'sorting them out'

Doohicky

Quote from: tyronebhoy on September 06, 2010, 01:52:09 PM

I emailed them and they said no tickets for minor team being in final.
:(

down6061689194

I think its around 2500 a piece for minors. of course the bandwagon see cork getting more tickets and complain ::)

Square Ball

Quote from: rossglass on September 06, 2010, 11:00:05 AM
does anyone know if the clubs throughout the country have received their tickets yet?

yeah I thought they were due out today as well? any one?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid