All Ireland Final tickets

Started by Lazer, August 31, 2010, 12:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Member B

I have to be honest I wasn't at the semi final. Had intended going. Called in for a few in the Quayside Inn before heading off. Ended up staying there. When match was over we went out on the street and started singing songs about Paddy O'Rourke. Loads of people were admiring my AC Milan top and asking where I got it. Class craic

hectorsheroes

Woman in work trying to get me tickets through her contacts and might succeed but I'm a member of the local club and would be hopeful myself. If I did and she came up with the tickets I'd make sure my brother got hers. He got injured five years ago with the club who never looked after him and he had to get it sorted privately so has no love for the club. However he has followed the county near and far religiously so I think he'd deserve them. However she has just said her daughters and husband would get the tickets if I was giving them to the brother even said she wouldn't mind " a run to Dublin herself". They live close to the county pitch and last time they watched a match was the 94 final - ah the mind boggles on people getting wasted tickets and boy does it rankle

Lazer

Quote from: armaghniac on September 01, 2010, 10:51:23 PM
QuoteThe real fan always gets a ticket, be that through the club, contacts at work

It depends what you work at. The point is that you might not be real fan but have good contacts at work and get a ticket.

Agree!

I don't have any contacts at work that would be able to get tickets. It depends entirely on who you know, not how much of a fan you are!

There is far too many corporate tickets! It is a disgrace - That a competing team only gets 13,000 tickets in a stadium that holds 80,000.

But thats the way it is!

I'm just glad we're in the final - and obviously would love a ticket, but Down are playing football in September, thats the important thing!

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

snoopdog

Quote from: DoireGael on September 02, 2010, 12:31:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALL-IRELAND-FOOTBALL-FINAL-2010-TICKETS-X2-CORK-V-DOWN-/220662198296?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET

Bidding war going on here  :o

Sickens me, some p.ricks are gonna make a lot of money of the real Down and Cork fans who really want to be there.
Im sure i will bump into my cousins at croker like i did in 94 and they havent been seen since or before 94 at a game.  The real fans really do loose out. In soccer when clubs get to the Champs Lge final the fans who can prove they went to games are always the first to get tickets, especially if they are ST  holders and have travvelled in Europe.

Lazer

Quote from: DoireGael on September 02, 2010, 12:31:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALL-IRELAND-FOOTBALL-FINAL-2010-TICKETS-X2-CORK-V-DOWN-/220662198296?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET

Bidding war going on here  :o

I notice they don;t put a photo of the ticket up anymore!
The GAA cancelled any they knew were sold on e-bay last year.

I got offered 2 for £600 yesterday - and I turned it down, persanally i think the €70 is a bit much but I'm willing to pay but definately paying a fortune over the face value!

mcgrady8

Hi, I'm looking to swap 4 premium level Hurling final tickets for 4 All ireland premium level football tickets if possible
for further information please call 0044 7802324910 or email fintan@nireland.com

Donegal Danny

St Eunan's G.A.A. club from Letterkenny are currently holding their annual fundraising draw for 2 All Ireland tickets and hotel accommodation in Dublin. Tickets costs 10 euro. If they went up to Co Down someday selling how would they get on? Where could they set up to sell to loads of Down supporters in one place? What about ASDA OR The Quay's shopping center in Newry. Would it be better to reduce the tickets to £5? Any comments welcome. Thanks.

Lazer

Danny - I would say 10 is too much - probably much better uptake at £5

The best place in Newry is probably the shopping centres - Buttercrane and the Quays

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Lazer on September 02, 2010, 11:00:28 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 01, 2010, 10:51:23 PM
QuoteThe real fan always gets a ticket, be that through the club, contacts at work

It depends what you work at. The point is that you might not be real fan but have good contacts at work and get a ticket.

Agree!

I don't have any contacts at work that would be able to get tickets. It depends entirely on who you know, not how much of a fan you are!

There is far too many corporate tickets! It is a disgrace - That a competing team only gets 13,000 tickets in a stadium that holds 80,000.

But thats the way it is!

I'm just glad we're in the final - and obviously would love a ticket, but Down are playing football in September, thats the important thing!

The corporate seats generate a lot of revenue and a lot of the people will have been to numerous games this year. Down have only had more than 13,000 at 1 game this year so its not that big an issue.

Lazer

It wouldn't be a big issue - if it was the tickets went to those who have been at the games

But inevitably a lot of the 13,000 will go to those who haven't been to a match all year!

Member B

I'd be prepared to swap my 2 tickets for 2 tickets for the Man Utd v Liverpool match on the same day.

Qwerty28

Lads, dont worry tickets will turn up. I even got a ticket for the premium level last yearr on the Saturday...ended up sitting beside a couple who had no idea what teams were playing....Himself telling her to look out for the small red haired fellow in the green and gold as he was good...I kid you not.

Year before, lad I know was actually in his seat and had to go out to the Croke Park hotel to get 2 more tickets than someone had got for him and he felt obliged to take...had to walk back up to barrier to try and sell them...Have been at 3 of last 5 finals and trick is to keep asking about, but wait til week beforehand when the tickets are actually released. Sure in 2005 final the seat beside me was empty!

The Worker

Many tickets do non competing clubs recieve? is it based on number of members, or is it a set amount (e.g. 4 per club?)

snoopdog

Quote from: The Worker on September 02, 2010, 09:20:32 PM
Many tickets do non competing clubs recieve? is it based on number of members, or is it a set amount (e.g. 4 per club?)

yep set amount think its still 4 per club