All Ireland Final tickets

Started by Lazer, August 31, 2010, 12:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Shea

What is the exact breakdown of tickets? I think someone posted it on a thread here a while ago.

13,000 each senior team.
???? minors
4 per club x however many clubs?
???? per player?

Doohicky

Quote from: Qwerty28 on September 02, 2010, 08:10:24 PM
Lads, dont worry tickets will turn up. I even got a ticket for the premium level last yearr on the Saturday...ended up sitting beside a couple who had no idea what teams were playing....Himself telling her to look out for the small red haired fellow in the green and gold as he was good...I kid you not.

Year before, lad I know was actually in his seat and had to go out to the Croke Park hotel to get 2 more tickets than someone had got for him and he felt obliged to take...had to walk back up to barrier to try and sell them...Have been at 3 of last 5 finals and trick is to keep asking about, but wait til week beforehand when the tickets are actually released. Sure in 2005 final the seat beside me was empty!

I know if you make your way down to Dublin you will likely get a ticket, but I just can't risk it in case I don't. I can't afford to pay for it all, but if I have a ticket I will (if you understand).

Despite following Tyrone to 80-90% of their games for the last 8 years I have never been able to get a ticket to the final, probably due to the fact I am not the type to beg all round the place, and don't happen to be one of those 'in the know'.

It's annoying but that's life

The Worker

Quote from: Wee Shea on September 02, 2010, 09:54:51 PM
What is the exact breakdown of tickets? I think someone posted it on a thread here a while ago.

13,000 each senior team.
???? minors
???? per player?

Think every living ex president gets 90 tickets.

rosnarun

Quote from: The Worker on September 02, 2010, 10:35:48 PM

13,000 each senior team.
???? minors
???? per player?

if you have a problem then write explain your case to one of them . After all they have devoted most of their lives to the GAA they wouldn't want to see  a genuine fan miss out . bless mick loftus he would always help you out in a time of need same with John Dowling god be good to him.
I would not begruge either there share of tickets . you wont see those tickets on donedeal.ie
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Dougal Maguire

I thought somebody once told me that the residents ladjacent to Croke Park get an allocation of tickets. Does anyone know if thats the case? If so its fair to say that they would be liable to end up on donedeal.ie?
Careful now

Zapatista

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 03, 2010, 02:34:21 AM
I thought somebody once told me that the residents ladjacent to Croke Park get an allocation of tickets. Does anyone know if thats the case? If so its fair to say that they would be liable to end up on donedeal.ie?

Doubt it. Maybe for concerts or something but I don't think they get them for games. If they do then I'd say it's no more than the residents assoc. commitee or something minimal.

Hardy

The Worker

Quote from: rosnarun on September 03, 2010, 01:00:39 AM
Quote from: The Worker on September 02, 2010, 10:35:48 PM

13,000 each senior team.
???? minors
???? per player?

if you have a problem then write explain your case to one of them . After all they have devoted most of their lives to the GAA they wouldn't want to see  a genuine fan miss out . bless mick loftus he would always help you out in a time of need same with John Dowling god be good to him.
I would not begruge either there share of tickets . you wont see those tickets on donedeal.ie

Did i say i had a problem? i was helping answering wee sheas query

mayomen shouldnt be worryin about final tickets for the forseeable future anyway

Dougal Maguire

I assume they are being sold by someone who has 10 year tickets. In which case, while it's not nice, is just the way of business.
Careful now

Class of 99

I'm a long time living in Dublin but still manage to get to most Mckeena cup, league and Championship games. However no longer affilated with any club and panic is starting to kick in now. I have cast the net as far as I possible can as have all family members but I just can't see a situation that we dont get tickets but most leads have bit a brick wall, a nervous and a few sleepless nights lie in wait

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: Class of 99 on September 04, 2010, 11:06:18 PM
I'm a long time living in Dublin but still manage to get to most Mckeena cup, league and Championship games. However no longer affilated with any club and panic is starting to kick in now. I have cast the net as far as I possible can as have all family members but I just can't see a situation that we dont get tickets but most leads have bit a brick wall, a nervous and a few sleepless nights lie in wait

I find that highly dubious. If you had done that they you would of surely got/heard of the season ticket. Nothing like and All Ireland final to bring out the bandwagoners.

Canalman

Can guarantee you that any Down fan who wants a ticket and asks around will get one. ALWAYS loads around in Dublin prior to game.Lads with a good seat in a pub will often sell them as will people who got tickets for messers who have got one from another source.

2 averagely supported counties involved with a general indifference around as to who will  win means tickets will be plentiful. Down will have 40k plus "fans" at game.

down6061689194

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on September 05, 2010, 10:48:15 AM
Quote from: Class of 99 on September 04, 2010, 11:06:18 PM

I find that highly dubious. If you had done that they you would of surely got/heard of the season ticket. Nothing like and All Ireland final to bring out the bandwagoners.
Ive been to every game this year. Season ticket has several flaws which if sorted may tempt me.
It's only useful come september.

rossglass

Have the tickets been released to clubs from non-competing counties been released yet? Was on the blower to a few dublin clubs on monday, haven't heard anything from them yet and don't want to be bugging them unnecessarily either.