All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 27, 2010, 09:37:05 AM
Quote from: FermGael on July 27, 2010, 09:28:48 AM
Quote from: Zapatista on July 27, 2010, 07:59:38 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 27, 2010, 07:36:43 AM
I'd imagine the Tyrone following will be 100% behind Down's effort in the first game. Hopefully they'll return the favour.

Absolutley. Hope it isn't like 2004 when we all got behind Fermanagh only for them to return by shouting for Mayo.
Ah that old chestnut again.
I think you Tyrone boys were a wee bit arrogant that year and i remember being told how Tyrone were going to win the All Ireland and how they were going to send a reserve team to play Fermanagh in the semi.

The only reason that Tyrone got behind Fermanagh was because you hate Armagh that much.  Nothing to do with Fermanagh

But Fermanagh people would support anyone in Ireland BUT Tyrone they are that bitter for some reason.  Whereas, if Tyrone where not competing, the whole county would be behind Fermanagh to win an Ulster title.

Would not agree DD.  I for one would have supported Tyrone but for the attitude of Tyrone friends of mine who i was at the match with.  Was unreal. 
Another reason may have been the 2 stuffings that tyrone handed out to Fermanagh in the All Ireland quarter final and national league semi final in 03. 

If Fermanagh were competing there is no way that the whole of Tyrone would be behind Fermanagh.
The Trillick and Dromore ones would disagree
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: FermGael on July 27, 2010, 09:42:56 AM
I'd imagine the Tyrone following will be 100% behind Down's effort in the first game. Hopefully they'll return the favour.

Absolutley. Hope it isn't like 2004 when we all got behind Fermanagh only for them to return by shouting for Mayo.
I think you Tyrone boys were a wee bit arrogant that year and i remember being told how Tyrone were going to win the All Ireland and how they were going to send a reserve team to play Fermanagh in the semi.

The only reason that Tyrone got behind Fermanagh was because you hate Armagh that much.  Nothing to do with Fermanagh

But Fermanagh people would support anyone in Ireland BUT Tyrone they are that bitter for some reason.  Whereas, if Tyrone where not competing, the whole county would be behind Fermanagh to win an Ulster title.

Would not agree DD.  I for one would have supported Tyrone but for the attitude of Tyrone friends of mine who i was at the match with.  Was unreal. 
Another reason may have been the 2 stuffings that tyrone handed out to Fermanagh in the All Ireland quarter final and national league semi final in 03. 

If Fermanagh were competing there is no way that the whole of Tyrone would be behind Fermanagh.
The Trillick and Dromore one would disagree

Agree with you here alright, the border clubs wouldnt wish that success on yis  ;D
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

FermGael

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 27, 2010, 09:47:52 AM

The Trillick and Dromore one would disagree

Agree with you here alright, the border clubs wouldnt wish that success on yis  ;D

I have a feeling that the border boys on the Fermanagh side are going to have a long year this year.
Good luck on Sunday
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Fuzzman

Ah c'mon lads lets face facts that most of Ulster are a bit fed up with Tyrone now
Reading Brolly's article (Hiya Joe) last week made me laugh so much.
I love his shoot from the hip attitude and  his honesty of the Southern Medja but his point at the end I think is quite true that the "neutrals" are getting a bit bored now of our "Different Systems" and almost robotic approach to games now.

There is no longer the old style Tyrone Flair of fine wee footballers that win nothing that can put on a great show the odd time but collapse against the big boys.

Now its all game plans, tactics, Sweepers & rules & the dreaded SYSTEM. With minor team after minor team coming through each year I have to agree with Joe that for the outsider it's getting a wee bit boring in Ulster.

Whereas down here in Dublin, as soon as people hear I'm from Tyrone they shake yer hand and say
"Dee ye think ye'll beat Kerry again this year"
"Wasnt 2003 the way to show them what ye think of their 30 odd Sams"

I'm not sure how good or bad Tyrone are this year but I'm happy with a lot of aspects and in Mickey Harte I think we've the best manager in the business who has his eyes open to the talent he has and will play to his strengths.

That being said the amount of people I know who are ALL praying that some day he will take Justy out the field a bit. He's a great athlete and if we had him at MF with Hub, wow would that add a new dimension to this team. Maybe if McCarron can build on this year we could see that happen at some stage.
I'd hate to think Justy stays at FB for the rest of his Tyrone career.

nrico2006

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 27, 2010, 09:06:21 AM
Hes a great ball carrier, and anytime he played tyrone he seemed to raise his game and cause a few problems

He seems to get very easily injured anytime Tyrone play Dublin in Championship football.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 27, 2010, 11:00:18 AM
Quote from: Onion Bag on July 27, 2010, 09:06:21 AM
Hes a great ball carrier, and anytime he played tyrone he seemed to raise his game and cause a few problems

He seems to get very easily injured anytime Tyrone play Dublin in Championship football.

That would be Conor Gormley  :D
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

ONeill

That must have been a 30 second conversation bearing in mind the Tyrone and Mayo sides were on the field before the last Fermanagh player had left it. Are you sure about this? Were they entirely serious during those few seconds?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

No Conor doesn't get too many injuries
Definitely Alan Brogan

O'Neill where did you get that left red hand avatar
Have you turned into a lefty?

Are you as pessimistic as ever for Saturday?

ONeill

"The Red Hand of Ulster's a paradox quite,
To Baronets 'tis said to belong;
If they use the left hand, they're sure to be right,
And to use the right hand would be wrong.
For the Province, a different custom applies,
And just the reverse is the rule;
If you use the right hand you'll be right, safe and wise,
If you use the left hand you're a fool."

Far better craic bein the fool.

Yea, pessimism starting to seep in as the week progresses.

Dubs to turn the tables and give us an almighty hammering, signalling the end of a few careers and a return to the dark 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zapatista

I for one would have supported Tyrone but for the attitude of Tyrone friends of mine who i was at the match with.  Was unreal. 

I remember it was hard to listen to some of my fermanagh friends after they won the All Ireland B, it was unreal. Seriously. Will still support Down though.

Mr. Nakata

Any word of a whistler announced for these games. Coldrick done a great job in the Ulster final. Don't want Kinneavy though he didn't do a bad job in the Tyrone Down game.

orangeman

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on July 27, 2010, 01:10:58 PM
Any word of a whistler announced for these games. Coldrick done a great job in the Ulster final. Don't want Kinneavy though he didn't do a bad job in the Tyrone Down game.

It's Coldrick again.

rrhf

the excitement of the 05 battles is really welll captured on that Dubs /pillar documentary shown in 2006.  That 5 minutes on the Tyrone dubs battle will whett the appetite for this game - must watch it tonight. 

new devil

crossfire

Did Tyrone ever play Sligo in the championship since Mickey Harte became manager.?