All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Quote from: ONeill on July 26, 2010, 11:50:24 PM
I suppose there's no point in guessing Mickey's corner backs. I'd imagine it'll be the same line out with O'Neill used late on if needed.
Don't know if I care to see Tommy start this one, McCullagh needs a good run out.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Zapatista

I suppose there's no point in guessing Mickey's corner backs. I'd imagine it'll be the same line out with O'Neill used late on if needed.

McCarron moved to Full Back with Carlin on and Justy moved to Mid Field with CC moved to HF and Sean to FF and Tommy dropped?

I just want to see Justy out there >:(

Mike Sheehy

Christ, Tyrone are so full sure they are going to win this that they are just patronizing the dubs...."yiz are great at the auld shouting and roaring lads"

cadhlancian

Quote from: Tyrones own on July 27, 2010, 12:08:06 AM
Don't know if I care to see Tommy start this one, McCullagh needs a good run out.
dont think you will have to worry about that Mac, hes out I believe for the forseeable future

tyssam5

Quote from: Cde on July 26, 2010, 11:05:48 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 26, 2010, 10:17:50 PM
I was sitting in the upper Canal surrounded by Dubs. When Keaney and co rattled off those 5 points the place was vibrating. It was tribal, frightening. If the Dubs ever get to an All-Ireland final I'd like to be there. Not this year hopefully.

was there in 95  and it was not a nice place to be.

+1! I remember being so depressed that evening/night/year.

ONeill

I'd imagine the Tyrone following will be 100% behind Down's effort in the first game. Hopefully they'll return the favour.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zapatista

Quote from: ONeill on July 27, 2010, 07:36:43 AM
I'd imagine the Tyrone following will be 100% behind Down's effort in the first game. Hopefully they'll return the favour.

Absolutley. Hope it isn't like 2004 when we all got behind Fermanagh only for them to return by shouting for Mayo.

Zapatista

Don't know if this has been mentioned but -

Tyrone attacker Tommy McGuigan is a major doubt for Saturday's All-Ireland SFC quarter-final against Dublin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8856261.stm

Onion Bag

I fancy Tyrone to win this one by a brave margin, Dublin are not that great,

Had Armagh played any at all they would have beat them and likewise Louth, silly mistakes cost them the game.

Tyrone will nulify the Brogans, game over

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Zapatista

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 27, 2010, 08:47:55 AM
Tyrone will nulify the Brogans, game over

Alan Brogan isn't as dangerous as he once was. I don't think he will be of any special concern to Harte.

Onion Bag

Hes a great ball carrier, and anytime he played tyrone he seemed to raise his game and cause a few problems
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Fuzzman

Poor Tommy won't be happy getting injured at this stage though maybe not as much competition for forwards as in other years should he get back in time or should we progress.

I can see how we must sound over confident and patronizing but from what I've seen of the Dubs & what their real GAA fans say I'd still be very hopeful of a few to Spare.

Good to see Enda back too. Could we see him go Half forward and Sean into Full Forward again

ONeill

We're asking how good are Dublin, but how good are Tyrone?

They were abysmal in the league. In fact Ulster teams filled the bottom three positions in the top division. Tyrone beat Antrim and Down before disposing of Monaghan. Only Down remain, probably gone this weekend. If the Dubs turf Tyrone out this weekend, Ulster football is in the doldrums.

This weekend should show whether the 2010 Tyrone are just the best of a bad bunch or still contenders.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

FermGael

Quote from: Zapatista on July 27, 2010, 07:59:38 AM

Absolutley. Hope it isn't like 2004 when we all got behind Fermanagh only for them to return by shouting for Mayo.
Ah that old chestnut again.
I think you Tyrone boys were a wee bit arrogant that year and i remember being told how Tyrone were going to win the All Ireland and how they were going to send a reserve team to play Fermanagh in the semi.

The only reason that Tyrone got behind Fermanagh was because you hate Armagh that much.  Nothing to do with Fermanagh
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: FermGael on July 27, 2010, 09:28:48 AM
Quote from: Zapatista on July 27, 2010, 07:59:38 AM

Ah that old chestnut again.
I think you Tyrone boys were a wee bit arrogant that year and i remember being told how Tyrone were going to win the All Ireland and how they were going to send a reserve team to play Fermanagh in the semi.

The only reason that Tyrone got behind Fermanagh was because you hate Armagh that much.  Nothing to do with Fermanagh

But Fermanagh people would support anyone in Ireland BUT Tyrone they are that bitter for some reason.  Whereas, if Tyrone where not competing, the whole county would be behind Fermanagh to win an Ulster title.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!