Antrim v Cork 25th July 2010

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, July 18, 2010, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Minder on July 22, 2010, 10:02:07 PM
I was up about 8pm but there wasn't too many about looking for tickets.

Minder, in these days of the internet, I'd wonder how significant the lack of numbers are Casement this evening is?

Not saying there will be a huge Antrim crowd (for shame), but for many its much easier to go online rather than dragging yourself up to Casement.

Minder

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 22, 2010, 10:10:05 PM
Quote from: Minder on July 22, 2010, 10:02:07 PM
I was up about 8pm but there wasn't too many about looking for tickets.

Minder, in these days of the internet, I'd wonder how significant the lack of numbers are Casement this evening is?

Not saying there will be a huge Antrim crowd (for shame), but for many its much easier to go online rather than dragging yourself up to Casement.

Aye I know if you aren't based in Belfast online is handier but the tickets weren't great the other day when I looked and
then you have the robbing f**kers taking their booking fee. There will be any amount of tickets down there on the day anyway.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hurler on the Bitch

Say the number of 'walk-ups' to Croker on the day will be interesting. I mean, everyone knows that you will get your choice of tickets on the day and its not like years ago when they had a double-header semi-final. I do recall the 1989 (final) and 1991 (semi) and having to queue from the Andytown Road to the club at Casement. Also, the days of the GAA special trains from Belfast are long-gone. In 89 there were three specials and for each semi from 89 to 94 there were special trains laid on for supporters. Indeed, I remember going into the North Star one Sunday as the Belfast train arrived and they literally had about 150 pints of Guinness lined up ready on the bar because they knew the Antrim crowd was due. All gone in five minutes.

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on July 21, 2010, 11:17:49 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on July 21, 2010, 11:17:00 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 21, 2010, 11:11:24 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on July 21, 2010, 11:09:48 PM
Me, me bro and me da, were going to queue at Casement tomorrow night for stand tickets - but we live in hope and will take our place on the Hill as we did on 6th August 1989 - where we watched the older legs of Offaly collapse in the 2nd half against a team in saffron possessed with belief .. Maybe not, but that few pints beforehand and the "optimistic" dander up to the ground beforehand is PRICELESS!!! Roll on Sunday!!!
No you won't.

The Hill is open you mad thing!
Closed then is it?
Aye.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on July 22, 2010, 10:29:12 PM
Say the number of 'walk-ups' to Croker on the day will be interesting. I mean, everyone knows that you will get your choice of tickets on the day and its not like years ago when they had a double-header semi-final. I do recall the 1989 (final) and 1991 (semi) and having to queue from the Andytown Road to the club at Casement. Also, the days of the GAA special trains from Belfast are long-gone. In 89 there were three specials and for each semi from 89 to 94 there were special trains laid on for supporters. Indeed, I remember going into the North Star one Sunday as the Belfast train arrived and they literally had about 150 pints of Guinness lined up ready on the bar because they knew the Antrim crowd was due. All gone in five minutes.
Milltown Row was first off the train.

Minder

I read a few places that the Hill would be closed unless there was an overwhelming demand, ie the stands were sold out.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on July 22, 2010, 10:34:46 PM
Not according to Antrim county board, last night.

Well you'd want to get them to check their sources as I'm holding about 80 of them!

imtommygunn

Word is (though I haven't checked) hill tickets are available on ticketmaster.

Why don't we just pay at the gate and first come first served with seat numbers...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 22, 2010, 10:38:46 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on July 22, 2010, 10:29:12 PM
Milltown Row was first off the train.

was indeeed first off the train. 17 and 8 months old me Da bought me my first pint (well i had a few pints before he got me it ;)) great days when Antrim had the respect of the Southern teams. unlike today!!!

Sunday should be grand, Minder i was at Casemet about 7 tonight. plenty there, i bought 6 for my boss and bought 4 for me and some friends, boys in front of me bought a lot as well. one aul boy bought tickets after me then proceeded to ask how ya get to Croke Park!!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Cambrils, south of Salou in the internet cafe on site while my kids were at the pool!!!!

Hardstation i don't miss too many games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

aye so i believe was talking to Karl the other night, said it was top drawer and the buzz was great leading up to the game.

lets give them hell on Sunday....... still no lift sorted yet and i aint driving :P

Milltown Row2

Did the sevens last year came down on the saturday and we made are way home (on the sunday after the all ireland) in the Davits bus, briliant craic and had a few in the Davitts before heading up to the club.

you'll always get a lift

saffron sam2

One of Ireland's greatest mysteries will be solved on the final whistle.

Kieran McGourty shot Michael Collins.

Milltown's probably supporting Cork anywy.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Berlin

I genuinely hope that Antrim can go on and beat Cork on Sunday. Best of luck to ye.

Reillers

Been hit heavy in the pocket lately with the games, still would rather have them than not.
Not thrilled about the selection for Cork.
Fraggy continues to be picked while Horgan doesn't start, it makes no sense, and Ray Ryan..the less said the better, he's about 28 years old by now, there's a reason he's not been able to get on the team. It would have been better to see someone like Egan been given the run out.
Either way, it's desperately irrelevant it seems because that team, if we get past Antrim, which I hope we do, will get brushed aside by Kilkenny. Whatever about our backs, when all fit, they could hold the KK to a somewhat beatable score, it's our forwards where we have the problems. Our conversion rate last week was nothing short of embarasing and the tactics were obvious.
Good to see young Paudie start, but really dissapointing not seeing Hoggy start, would have done the world of good to get him a run out to get back the confidence.  Confidence..seems to have dissapeared in Cork of late. It's gotten to a point where not many know where they're heading, what team we are and how we play. Something that we've lost in the last 2 or so years. We need to get that back. Not an easy ask.