and of course cork never get any dubious decisions in their favour.  ;D
Chase the dream not the competition.

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on July 27, 2010, 06:08:43 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 27, 2010, 05:07:34 PM
Quote from: Reillers on July 27, 2010, 05:01:28 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 27, 2010, 04:43:42 PM
Quote from: Reillers on July 27, 2010, 03:58:33 PM
Brian Gavin has been named as the ref for the Cork KK game..oh just wonderfull. Well we wont be expecting any help from him. We'll be very lucky to get anything from him. Just a minor disaster after all. Ah well.

::) Is there any ref you don't have a problem with?

Funny, what other refs would that be?
Brian Gavin has consistantly screwed us over again and again. I wont hold my breath waiting for a decent game out of him.

Are you referring to the free he gave against Cork for Waterford back when Donal Og tried to hatch the ball? That was 100% the correct decision. I don't think Brian would try to screw Cork, no more than anybody else. I think he's one of the better refs. Actually hurling refs are generally better than football refs I think, because they seem to be encouraged not to blow the whistle.

Screwed over was a bit harsh, but he's certainly made the most mistakes against us than any other ref that I can think of.
Waterford in 06, 07, even hell the replay in the Munster final.
Gavin has made some incorrect and game changing decisions against Cork over the last few years and everyone, must know that. Mistakes are inevitable in all aspects of sport, and wrong decisions have been made against us by many refs, and for and against other teams.
I'd be slow to criticise him about apparently failing 2 out of 3 fitness tests in 3 years, because they are rumours, it's unacceptable if true, but it is just a rumour.

He's made more than a few mistakes but hopefully he'll have a good game.
good man reillers get the excuses in early. One more day out and thats it for the season.

Kerry Mike

QuoteCadogan certainly milked it to the full.

A nasty piece of works will get his fill of it one of these days playing either football or hurling.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

INDIANA

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 27, 2010, 07:32:28 PM

A nasty piece of works will get his fill of it one of these days playing either football or hurling.

I'd agree with that. He will hit the wrong guy some day.

Reillers

Like eh the saint Galvin? Yes poor old Galvin just slipped while walking by, ffs like.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Reillers on July 28, 2010, 12:24:45 AM

Like eh the saint Galvin? Yes poor old Galvin just slipped while walking by, ffs like.

good mature debate there

imtommygunn

Reillers you would have to admit that Cadogan is a dirty one.

No coincidence he was involved in Galvin and Watson incidents I'd have thought.

Applesisapples

Quote from: theskull1 on July 27, 2010, 05:02:20 PM
Quote from: dowling on July 27, 2010, 11:21:37 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2010, 10:35:42 AM
NAG - he got retrospectively done for the Tipperary incident the last time though.

Apples he should have walked no doubt. However he struck which is a red card offense and not a yellow offense. That would lead me to believe that ref/umpire were second guessing what he did which shouldn't happen. Based on that he was unlucky to get booked. As I said before I am not defending his actions.

Johnney - Shields hasn't seemed fit the last few games and has struggled fitness wise. McManus would be the ideal CHB but we're so short in the forwards we have to play him there. McKeegan the same. Campbell is good but like you say wing back material.

That's the point. None of the officials actually seemed to see what happened. Did Donal óg maybe influence the ref or did the ref maybe glance at the big screen before he booked him. Was a bad stroke but we've all seen plenty worse which hasn't received the same attention. Ref seemed to book another couple of Antrim boys early on when you wouldn't have expected it. Surely the likes of Antrim teams shouldn't be hindered in trying to get to the intensity of the Corks and Kilkennys.

Did anybody notice Canning swiping 3 or four times at Curran while running out from FF toward the hoganstand side 45 in the first half? Curran must have been holding but Joe's reaction was as bad if not worse than winker's in terms of intent to mame. He was swinging full pelt one handed round his ankles but for some reason he missed at close quarters every time and the officials failed to spot it.

Now don't get me wrong.... if a man is holding or throws the first dig with intent I think he deserves all he gets in response to make him think twice the next time but the rules don't allow it. This happens all the time in the big games with the big teams....the southern lads know not to go above the shoulders though and time their "challenges" better.

Could I go out on a limb and say that jabbing (as apposed to driving) a stick and hitting a steel cage is less dangerous than doing the same thing into a mans ribs/kidneys. Very few seem to recognise that since the compulsory helmet rule has came in.

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 27, 2010, 04:24:25 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2010, 12:35:42 PM
Quote from: dowling on July 27, 2010, 11:21:37 AM
Surely the likes of Antrim teams shouldn't be hindered in trying to get to the intensity of the Corks and Kilkennys.

We have been shafted for years by southern refs dowling. The referee in the Carlow game had to be seen to be believed. We got one free in the first 33 minutes. Remembering back to our last good performance in a quarter final against Wexford we were shafted by Padraig Horan that day and during the 90s when we were more competitive against the southern teams I have lost count of the number of league games where refs were booed off. This isn't nordy paranoia either to be honest. How can you explain one free in 33 minutes of hurling fro example?
You Antrim guys aren't too fond of nordy refs either, i've seen a few boo'ed out of casement in my time! ;)

Was that a typo error? Booted no?  :-[
I meant booed

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on July 26, 2010, 11:31:57 AM
It didn't look to me Cork played the game in first gear yesterday.

If that is the case, KK are in big trouble once Cork get into 6th gear.

Saying that Cork played against Antirm in 1st gear was seriously naive and disrespectful to Antrim who played well but received no credit for it. Whatever gear Cork played in today just wasn't good enough. Dirty petrol.