Antrim v Cork 25th July 2010

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, July 18, 2010, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on July 23, 2010, 02:09:49 AM
Ray Ryan..the less said the better, he's about 28 years old by now, there's a reason he's not been able to get on the team.

Damn scab - you tell him Reillers.

Do you still think Cork were better than Waterford last week?

A Quinn Martin Production

Had booked to go away for the weekend with Mrs AQMP and the little AQMPs so won't be able to make the game.  Have a free weekend for the semi final though ;)

Best of luck to the Saffrons.  Give it a lash and I'm sure you'll be able to leave HQ with your heads held high.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Tatler Jack

QuoteSomething that we've lost in the last 2 or so years. We need to get that back. Not an easy ask.

Good to see you pining for the Gerald years Reillers! :D

BTW what do you think of the action taken against the Glen and Bride Rovers. Some rumours that players from the 2 clubs may not travel.

Kerry Mike

QuoteCork (SH v Antrim): D Og Cusack; S Murphy, E Cadogan, B Murphy; J Gardiner, R Curran, R Ryan; T Kenny, C Naughton; B O'Connor, M Cussen, N McCarthy; P O'Sullivan, A O hAilpin, K Murphy

How in the name of f**k is he playing after his headbutt last week, what is it about the langers and the trampish behaviour that goes unpunished in nearly every game. Throat grabbing , Headbutt etc are the norm.

And Cadagon would want to fix that tooth, its a fecking danger to anyone who might puts their finger or hand near it.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Reillers

Quote from: Tatler Jack on July 23, 2010, 08:49:06 PM
QuoteSomething that we've lost in the last 2 or so years. We need to get that back. Not an easy ask.

Good to see you pining for the Gerald years Reillers! :D

BTW what do you think of the action taken against the Glen and Bride Rovers. Some rumours that players from the 2 clubs may not travel.

There after making a feckin fine old mess of it. It was a massive, massive fine of 7,500, but they appealed and now both clubs have to pay 2500, but were kicked out and now there is one big relegation mess to try and sort out. The CCB are making a fuckin balls of it. Will be interesting to see what the Cork IC players will do, people are thinking they should walk,

There's a fair bit of controversy about it. Some people not happy but there is no place in the game, for what happened. And a punishment was needed.
There's just a lot of confusion going on now and the CCB need to sort it out..and fast. It's not an easy situation for anyone to be in. Things could have been done better and handled a lot faster.

Lecale2

A very strange decision by the appeal board to issue their decision two days before an All Ireland Q/F. Could they not have waited until Monday?

A O hAilpin is not a good enough hurler to be on any Cork team regardless of alleged head but.

maxpower

Could be a very interesting game tomorrow, really looking forward to seeing how Aisake and Hippy Donnelly square up, Aisake seems to be taking a fair bit of abuse and while i don't think he's the most stylish hurler i've seen he was Man of the Match against Tipp (winning a pen and scoring 1-1) scored a goal against Waterford and gives Cork a real ball winning threat up front.

Hope a big Antrim crowd turns up and Antrim deliver a good performance

What happens next????

eoinbeag

Come on Antrim today. Have a real feeling they can get past this cork team and get us at least one more day out.

Maguire01

A very respectable first half from Antrim so far. There's the feeling that it's only a matter of time, but it's good at the minute.

Hardy

Antrim people - how does it feel to be patronised by the likes of Marty Morrissey?

Last Man

At the game, we showed good potential to keep it to a 3 point game, thought Corks goal was soft but it really rattled our boys. Thought we were exposed a bit at corner back L and R, and the lack of an out and out FFwd hurt us to. I hear Watsons in trouble for his rumble with Cadogan at the start. That gypsy Gardiner did the  job in getting him sent off but he does himself no favours. Before the throw in all the cork ones round me were were talking about the good posibility of him doing something nuts. They had a lot of respect though for the standard of our hurling for the most part which is a sea change from our last meeting.
Well done Dinny and the boys.

orangeman

Quote from: Last Man on July 25, 2010, 06:38:47 PM
At the game, we showed good potential to keep it to a 3 point game, thought Corks goal was soft but it really rattled our boys. Thought we were exposed a bit at corner back L and R, and the lack of an out and out FFwd hurt us to. I hear Watsons in trouble for his rumble with Cadogan at the start. That gypsy Gardiner did the  job in getting him sent off but he does himself no favours. Before the throw in all the cork ones round me were were talking about the good posibility of him doing something nuts. They had a lot of respect though for the standard of our hurling for the most part which is a sea change from our last meeting.
Well done Dinny and the boys.

Cadogan seems to attract trouble ?. What is it about him ?

Gardiner threw a punch first which led to him losing the helmet and getting Watson sent off.

When are the semi finals ? Is Cork and KK up first ?.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Hardy on July 25, 2010, 03:18:40 PM
Antrim people - how does it feel to be patronised by the likes of Marty Morrissey?
If the game isn't a neck and neck thriller played in front of 50 thousand baying supporters, Marty always sounds like he'd rather not be there.

RealSpiritof98

Only for the school boy errors this would have been a lot tighter game, although Morrissey had it over before it started. McGourty although solid enough looked out of his depth regarding striking and ball possession. 

Dont know the stats but Antrims inability to win the dirty ball was quite prevalent and was possibly up at 90% for Cork, I have found this a problem for my own club in the past when we step up a level, and i suppose their isn't much you can do on the training field to build this sector.

Antrim should be proud of their performance, but it's time to get out of Div 2 and build on this year. The last time Dinny was in charge they were easily better than the laois's, Carlows and Dublins of the world and they have to get back and beyond this.

P.s (only for Corks collapse yesterday in the f'ball i would have been waiting on Antrim +9 for a lot of money and McManus's free at the end would have had me reaching for the rope, thank gawd for small mercy's)

Trout

Cork played that game at half pace.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule