A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim unchanged for Sunday's QF

1 Chris O'Connell (Loughgiel)

2 Kieran McGourty (St Gall's)
3 Cormac Donnelly (Ballycastle)
4 Sean Delargy (Cushendall)

5 Paul Shiels (Dunloy)
6 Johnny Campbell (Loughgiel)
7 Ciaran Herron (Dungiven Kevin Lynch's)

8 Shane McNaughton (Cushendall)
9 Karl Stewart (St. Gall's)

10 Simon Mc Crory (St. John's)
11 Neil McManus (Cushendall)
12 Thomas McCann (Creggan)

13 PJ O Connell (Clooney Gaels)
14 Liam Watson (Loughgiel)
15 Karl McKeegan (Cushendall)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

imtommygunn

With all due respect to Tomas McCann is it not about time Eddie McCloskey got a start??

Unsurprising the rest of the team remains unchanged though Barry McFall must have been close to a start after how he played the last day too.

the colonel

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on July 22, 2010, 12:11:43 PM
Antrim unchanged for Sunday's QF

1 Chris O'Connell (Loughgiel)

2 Kieran McGourty (St Gall's)
3 Cormac Donnelly (Ballycastle)
4 Sean Delargy (Cushendall)

5 Paul Shiels (Dunloy)
6 Johnny Campbell (Loughgiel)
7 Ciaran Herron (Kevin Lynch's ;))

8 Shane McNaughton (Cushendall)
9 Karl Stewart (St. Gall's)

10 Simon Mc Crory (St. John's)
11 Neil McManus (Cushendall)
12 Thomas McCann (Creggan)

13 PJ O Connell (Clooney Gaels)
14 Liam Watson (Loughgiel)
15 Karl McKeegan (Cushendall)

I don't see how McCann can be seen as good as Eddie. Strange one. Cork team also named. No Sean Og, Jerry O'Connor or Shane O'Neill. Curran selected to play. Paudie O'Sullivan is included. He has a fair bit of pace. I'd expect SD to pick him up. Hope we cope ok with the 2 big fella's. As akward as Cussen is, he has came on a fair bit over the last few games.

Cork (SH v Antrim): D Og Cusack; S Murphy, E Cadogan, B Murphy; J Gardiner, R Curran, R Ryan; T Kenny, C Naughton; B O'Connor, M Cussen, N McCarthy; P O'Sullivan, A O hAilpin, K Murphy
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

I would imagine at this stage it is as much about a settled team as anything.

As for the TMcC situation I would say the work rate would be higher in him than EMcC, bit more physical presence as well.
Close enough call I would say.

Antrim Coaster

I fail to see what Thomas McCann has contributed to the Antrim team. He may be a decent player for his club but is obviously not inter county standard. He has had several chances and has failed to perform on each occasion. A blind man could see that yet Dinny persists and starts him every time. In their previous two championship matches against Carlow and Dublin, when chasing a 9 and 6 point deficit Antrim have only started play well in attack when he was substituted. I believe he will be cleaned out by the Cork half back line, especially John Gardiner and that's from where Cork launch a majority of their attacks with a high clearance towards Aisake / Cussen in the forwards. If it is Dinny's intention to bring on Barry McFall and Eddie McCloskey later in the game to drive our attack forward then it's a serious error of judgement on his part if he thinks we can give Cork any type of lead and expect to catch them up. Barry McFall or Eddie McCloskey should be on from the start

NAG1

Well obviously they are seeing something in him at training that we dont get to see.
Hopefully he can show this on Sunday and answer a few of his doubters, I would say time for a bit of untiy rather than picking through the players at this stage.

It has been shown to be a 20 man game now anyway so hopefully who ever starts and who ever comes on can firstly do themselves justice and secondly all the fans.

Antrim Coaster

I hope he plays a blinder. He's long overdue but unfortunately I cant see him putting it up against Gardiner especially as he hasnt played well in any of our championship games to date. I hope Im proved wrong though

Last Man

I think we'll have to defer judgement on that call till after the game. I think the lad is doing ok, while not scoring he's breaking a fair bit of ball. Sometimes a player responds to being sprung from the bench and the evidence would sugesst that this is the case for EMcC and Barry. Yes he is a "little leaguer" but has the right attitude and is a good prospect for the future.

seafoid

It is very exciting to see Antrim in a quarter final and 3 pages worth of Antrim hurling posts nearing the end of July.

Reillers

Cork 15 for Sunday.

1. Donal Og Cusack
    (Cloyne)

2. Shane Murphy 3. Eoin Cadogan 4. Brian Murphy
      (Erins Own)                  (Douglas)                (Bride Rovers)

5. John Gardiner 6. Ronan Curran 7. Ray Ryan
     (Na Piarsaigh)             (St. Finbarrs)           (Sarsfields)

8. Tom Kenny 9. Cathal Naughton
                            (Grenagh)                  (Newtownshandrum)

10. Ben O'Connor 11. Michael Cussen 12. Niall McCarthy
  (Newtownshandrum)             (Sarsfields)          (Carrigtwohill)

13. Paudie O'Sullivan 14. Aisake Ó hAilpín 15. Kieran Murphy
(Cloyne)                    (Na Piarsaigh)               (Sars - Capt.)

A Quinn Martin Production

Well Reillers, what the view down Cork way....a handy run out to get over the Waterford game??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Minder

No Upper Hogan or Cusack tickets tonight in Casement ???
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on July 22, 2010, 08:42:51 PM
Quote from: Minder on July 22, 2010, 08:31:02 PM
No Upper Hogan or Cusack tickets tonight in Casement ???
Neither was open last week.

I thought they would be open this weekend.

Hurler on the Bitch

I'd say they're thinking along the lines of 35,000 at the most ... Which will make it seem like a ghost town when Antrim Cork begins. Whe you consider the money it has cost Cork fans over the past few weeks to see them play, I'd say they will be thin on the ground - especially after losing to Waterford and it is 'only Antrim'. However, I'll probably be stuck behind that Cork eejit with the sombrero. Langer! 

Minder

I was up about 8pm but there wasn't too many about looking for tickets.