Muineachán v Fear Manach

Started by Maguire01, June 12, 2010, 07:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

INDIANA

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

bennydorano

Hard to see anything other than a Monaghan win but there's no pressure on Fermanagh, they've nothing to lose and they have a great record against Monaghan.  I doubt very much it'll be a kicking in match as Fermanagh at the very least will frustrate the shite outa Monaghan.  Look like they've found a forward or two as well.

ONeill

O'Rourke's a wily hoor though and will be working tonight on Monaghan's weaknesses.

Sidebottom & McHugh appeared to ejaculate simultaneously when yer big fella Quigley scored - see http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8737173.stm  about 5:50
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

In a way i'm very glad that it's Fermanagh - it will stop any complacency. As Benny mentioned, our record against them is awful and 2008 will be fresh in the minds of the Monaghan team. This always had the potential to be a banana skin, winning the 'difficult' game and slipping up on the 'easy' one.

Fermanagh had a few impressive players today - Carson, Quigley, O'Brien and Ward were handy up front. I think Monaghan will need to win midfield and cut off supply to the forwards to progress here - if we get the same kind of game from the likes of Finlay, Clerkin and McQuaid as last week, we should be able to manage this.

Monaghan will be the clear favourites for this - and deservedly so. We'll have to be on our guard, but we should come out the other side.

wanderer

I can't see anything other than a Monaghan win by 7+ points

Schkite

Yeah I'd agree with that Maguire, the memories of 2008 should be fresh in the mind of every Monaghan player and that should really provide any extra motivation we need and guard against complacency. Also it's a much more mature team than 2 years ago and I imagine Banty and Grimley will be drilling it into them that Fermanagh are going to be very tough, which they will.

Fermanagh look to have found a few new players, forwards especially. Carson and Quigley are certainly going to be a handful for us! We need to keep up the performance from the Armagh game. No good in Finlay, Tommy, Dick etc. playing out of their skins in the first round and not producing the goods in the semi. But I'm confident they'll be well up for it(as they should), and I'm confident we can come through it. It'll not be easy at all, Fermanagh have a great record against us and we'll be favourites, but it's about time we learned to live with that tag and live up to it for once. If Monaghan are the team we believe they are then we should be getting to the Ulster final.

trileacman

Where's eamonn maguire and mark murphy this weather?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: trileacman on June 12, 2010, 11:39:01 PM
Where's eamonn maguire and mark murphy this weather?

In think Maguire is injured and Murhpy's travelling, maybe?

haranguerer

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on June 12, 2010, 07:26:35 PM
Monaghan by a cricket score

You're right - hard to see anything else. Armagh are some side and they hammered them sure.

I reckon monaghan will take it easily - clerkin will score more of those wonder points he regularly does, and hanratty'll get about 3.5.

Maguire01

Forget cricket scores - i'd settle for a one pint win. If it was another Clerkin 'wonder point', that would be nice.  :P

FermGael

Would have to agree.
We have not a chance against the mighty men from Monaghan.
It's Banty's final year and he is a man on a mission.
It's division 1 versus division 4.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Main Street

;D
We are mighty all right. I'd advise you to stay at home.

Unusual though to be hot favourites for an Ulster semi final. In case Monaghan were getting some high ideas, it's good that there is some score to settle, after getting deservedly spanked in that ambush last time in Brewster Pk.

haranguerer

Quote from: Main Street on June 13, 2010, 11:49:13 AM
;D
We are mighty all right. I'd advise you to stay at home.

Unusual though to be hot favourites for an Ulster semi final. In case Monaghan were getting some high ideas, it's good that there is some score to settle, after getting deservedly spanked in that ambush last time in Brewster Pk.

??? What about almost every other time they've met in the last decade?