Muineachán v Fear Manach

Started by Maguire01, June 12, 2010, 07:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Yes, but in 2008 we were expected to come through it after a good year in 2007.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: haranguerer on June 13, 2010, 11:54:22 AM
Quote from: Main Street on June 13, 2010, 11:49:13 AM
;D
We are mighty all right. I'd advise you to stay at home.

Unusual though to be hot favourites for an Ulster semi final. In case Monaghan were getting some high ideas, it's good that there is some score to settle, after getting deservedly spanked in that ambush last time in Brewster Pk.

??? What about almost every other time they've met in the last decade?

I make it 2-2 in the last decade... I will stand corrected though..

JMohan

There's no way Monaghan can lose this one.
Fermanagh were in turmoil up to a few weeks ago, so to beat Monaghan would be impossible

Fermanaghandsam

Definitely Impossible alright!! ;D

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Fermanaghandsam on June 13, 2010, 07:26:25 PM

Yeah yeah yeah lads. Hardly much point in goin to it sure. Yous caught us in the long grass in 2008. 'Fool me once,shame on you. Fool me twice,shame on me'

Maguire01

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 13, 2010, 08:14:08 PM

Yeah yeah yeah lads. Hardly much point in goin to it sure. Yous caught us in the long grass in 2008. 'Fool me once,shame on you. Fool me twice,shame on me'
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Fermanaghandsam

Yeah, just had a look at the quailfier draw there, in the 2nd round I would hope we would draw the winners of Wexford/London or Cavan/Wicklow, that would give us a chance to win another game this year ;). And good luck to Monaghan in the final!!

timmyot501

Any craic

http://ulster.gaa.ie/// - interviews with lots of fans coming out of Breffni, including Marty McGrath, and Marty McGrath.. they all reckon they'll take Monaghan. Funny that. I guess they weren't going to say they weren't!

haranguerer

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 13, 2010, 01:36:54 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on June 13, 2010, 11:54:22 AM
Quote from: Main Street on June 13, 2010, 11:49:13 AM
;D
We are mighty all right. I'd advise you to stay at home.

Unusual though to be hot favourites for an Ulster semi final. In case Monaghan were getting some high ideas, it's good that there is some score to settle, after getting deservedly spanked in that ambush last time in Brewster Pk.

??? What about almost every other time they've met in the last decade?

I make it 2-2 in the last decade... I will stand corrected though..

In all comps - I'd guesstimate 8 - 3 or so?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Fermanaghandsam on June 13, 2010, 08:21:39 PM

Yeah, just had a look at the quailfier draw there, in the 2nd round I would hope we would draw the winners of Wexford/London or Cavan/Wicklow, that would give us a chance to win another game this year ;). And good luck to Monaghan in the final!!

Yawn.. Zzzzzz..

Main Street

Quote from: Fermanaghandsam on June 13, 2010, 08:21:39 PM
And good luck to Monaghan in the final!!
Thanks, really, for a team of our standing, it would be beneath us to have to suffer the indignity of having to play a qualifier.
But I doubt if Fermanagh would give a flying feck about our sense of dignity.
As they say, you can't bullsh!t a bullsh!tter.

GrandMasterFlash

Fermanagh lads, will Quigley start do you reckon or will he be an impact sub again? The latter I'm thinking. It would be unfair on the two corner forward who played against Cavan (O'Brien & Ward) to lose out as they both done well IMHO and will give any full-back line plenty to think about..

There's no doubt that Quigley did make a big impact against Cavan but he was 100% unknown to them (and everyone else outside of Fermanagh!) That has now changed and Monaghan should have the time and resource to keep the handbrake on him...

haranguerer

Why do you assume its one of those two who would lose out? If he does start, it wont be for either of those.

It'll be a tough enough decision - its only fair after all to give Rory a chance of beating his own scoring record... :P