mickey harte - dead man act

Started by hurl4ever, February 27, 2010, 01:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurl4ever

just read an article from yersterdays irish news, speaking about the joe mcmahon red card against mayo. he was quoted as saying the mayo player played the 'dead man act' to get mcmahon sent off. just thought it very funny considering his own players have used the old dead man act themselves to get players sent off. philip jordan with his snipper/dead man act in the 2003 all ireland final to get diarmuid marsden sent off. also brian mcguigans dead man act in the 2003 ulster final to get gregory mc cartan sent off. (didnt know a oneills football was that hard). mickey, justin timberlake released a good song that you may want to listen to a few times...what goes around, come around!!!

Nally Stand

This carry on about the '03 incident sickens me. Get canavans book and there is a frame by frame series of photos clearly showing the strike by marsden.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

jodyb

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 27, 2010, 03:01:46 PM
This carry on about the '03 incident sickens me. Get canavans book and there is a frame by frame series of photos clearly showing the strike by marsden.

In his book does he happen to mention falling like he was shot, to get Rooster sent off in 95, by any chance????

DuffleKing

Jordan would sicken me too if i were a tyrone man

Club Rossa

jodyb,he doesn't mention the McCusker incident in 95,nor does he mention Johnny McBride falling like a shot to get him sent off in 01.

Nally Stand

You only had to go back fifteen years for an example Jody? Wow it must be rife alright. Conveniently you ignored the point of my post too re. frame by frame pics.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

fitzroyalty

Why was it rescinded then? He ran into him full pelt the coward then hit the deck like the pussy that he is.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 27, 2010, 09:39:21 PM
Why was it rescinded then? He ran into him full pelt the coward then hit the deck like the pussy that he is.

It should be noted that he got off on a technicality. It certainly wasnt Philip Jordan's finest hour but that doesnt excuse the fact that Marsden raised his hands and struck him. Had he not done that he would not have been sent off. Exactly why its still being debated 7 years on who knows, the better team were deserving winners of Sam and its all history now. For whats its worth Ive seen far worse antics than Jordan's before and after that incident.

DuffleKing

But not as consistently as Jordan over a sustained period of years. Jordan, and until the last few years dooher, have been a blight on the gaelic football fair play landscape

Sandy Hill

And then there's Cavanagh who did the dying swan act in Casement in 03 against Derry when he got Padraig O'Kane sent off!
"Stercus accidit"

longrunsthefox

Aidan O'Mahoney of Kerry was the best one against Cork that time... different class

Club Rossa

Liam Hinphys impersonation in 06 wasn't bad either.

pintsofguinness

And yet again saint Mickey makes a bollocks out of himself, it's becoming a weekly occurrence. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Fair dues to Mickey Harte for pointing up the very obvious flaws and deficiencies in the system. It seems that there are some who'd prefer everything to operate on an opaque nod and a wink, as is currently the case.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

lawnseed

if any of your clubs are thinking of doing a fight night MARSDEN V JORDAN would certainly be a crowd puller. count me in for starters. my moneys on the lurganboy
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once