mickey harte - dead man act

Started by hurl4ever, February 27, 2010, 01:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on March 02, 2010, 04:12:54 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on March 02, 2010, 03:50:21 PM

The manner in which jordan plays the game and conducts himself on the field is, in my view, lamentable given the natural football abilty he possesses

Nonsense - the game is not one of templates and stereotypcial performances. GAA players dont have to perform in a way to suit the crowd - they dont have to behave in anyway other than within the rules and to the best of their ability. Philip Jordan plays the game his way - and is a winner - 3 all irelands and several allstar performances in the 2008 seaswon ..there is very little lamentable about the man. You would rather hang him on a confrontation with Dirmaid marsden rather than look objectively at his consistency across several seasons?

no point in using a player from your county to prove a point - let him without sin and all that. Philip is as good a player as there has been  - borne out by his medal collection - in the modern game.

Found this from a while back.

Quote from: Mary, The Mother Of God on November 10, 2006, 08:09:53 AM
In my opinion Jordan behaved very poorly to get Marsden sent off, but this is a facet of his game we see all the time. It is also a facet of many of team mates, particularly Canavan, Cavanagh, Dooher and McGuigan.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 03, 2010, 08:23:20 AM

The manner in which jordan plays the game and conducts himself on the field is, in my view, lamentable given the natural football abilty he possesses

Nonsense - the game is not one of templates and stereotypcial performances. GAA players dont have to perform in a way to suit the crowd - they dont have to behave in anyway other than within the rules and to the best of their ability. Philip Jordan plays the game his way - and is a winner - 3 all irelands and several allstar performances in the 2008 seaswon ..there is very little lamentable about the man. You would rather hang him on a confrontation with Dirmaid marsden rather than look objectively at his consistency across several seasons?

no point in using a player from your county to prove a point - let him without sin and all that. Philip is as good a player as there has been  - borne out by his medal collection - in the modern game.

Found this from a while back.

Quote from: Mary, The Mother Of God on November 10, 2006, 08:09:53 AM
In my opinion Jordan behaved very poorly to get Marsden sent off, but this is a facet of his game we see all the time. It is also a facet of many of team mates, particularly Canavan, Cavanagh, Dooher and McGuigan.

I would argue that Tyrone players have the monopoly on this sort of behaviour - i would also not let those comments detract from their achievements adn would suggest that the more successful a player is, the more they are open to such shameless sideline sniping...if antrim/carlow/London had been successful this decade, then I am sure that the same critisism would be leveled agaisnt some of their players - it happens in every sport
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

DuffleKing

Ah now come on. Jordan was a better than average player in a team with an exceptional game plan and fantastic work rate.

Phillip Jordan as good a player as there has been? you must be joking.

That's leaving aside all his unneccessary drama queen histrionics

Final Whistle

undoubtably the smartest/most intelligent footballer of the last ten years. How many times in 05 was the ball ever hoofed inlike it was for Canavan's goal? Jordan read the situation, seen the helpless Galvin in no man's land up against the red hot Mulligan and set a ball perfectly in from 55-65 yards.

Quite simply, when Jordan was on his game and to an extent Harte also, with them acting as the real playmakers of the team, no one could live with Tyrone.

Plus, Marsden hit him. Jordan ran at him yes, but Marsden is the thick f*ck who swung at him. Frankly, Marsden bottled it when he was needed!

Bensars

If ever saying was apt in this instance, it is, if you throw enough shit at the wall some will stick !

This has been almost a personal vendetta started by the wrath of some Armagh fans who just couldn't taking losing the 2003 All Ireland to their their bitterest of rivals in modern times. This became even more compounded in the subsequent period as their neighbour went on to surpass the Armagh achievements.

Seven years later some within the armagh support base still regurgitate the same rubbish with the result that Phillip Jordan has become almost like a pantomime villain. What is even more suprising that others outside of armagh have jumped on the bandwagon and have become almost indoctrinated by the lynchmob.

Add to the fact the dislike of Mickey Harte ( or possibly the jealousy of his success )  by some people and you have a potent cocktail. 

The same rubbish has been spouted over the last seven years and i doubt Phillip Jordan would be too worried about any of it. Still at the end of day he is an amateur player who have given his entire young adult life in the pursuit of sporting excellence.

However if it fills the void of inadequacy and unfilled potential  that Armagh could only make it to the summit the once , its probably understandable the depth of frustration and annoyance that some of the armagh fans have. At the end of the day its easier to have a scapegoat than look at the hards truths within.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 03, 2010, 09:18:52 AM

Ah now come on. Jordan was a better than average player in a team with an exceptional game plan and fantastic work rate.

Phillip Jordan as good a player as there has been? you must be joking.

That's leaving aside all his unneccessary drama queen histrionics

With comments like that, I would have to question whether you have watched a came of football in the last 10 years, with Tyrone, and with Philip Jordan playing - he has 3 all irelands and all start in 03 and 05...he was man of the match twice in Tyrones run in 08. You probably were'nt on the panel that selects All-Stars - maybe there is a reason for that?
'Better than average footballers' dont end up with a trophy cabinet like his - NFLs, Ulsters, All-Irelands, All-stars,
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Final Whistle

DuffleKing

Individual players often reap the dividend of a massive team effort. that's the nature of the game.

You seem to know an awful lot of detail about Jordan's career...

Final Whistle

The team is only as strong as your weakest link, luckily Armagh's chain had rust throughout.....

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 03, 2010, 10:27:10 AM
Individual players often reap the dividend of a massive team effort. that's the nature of the game.

You seem to know an awful lot of detail about Jordan's career...

Thats either praise of my knowledge or an admission of your own ignorance - I'm a fan of GAA thats why i know a bit about him and i certainly know enough not to judge him on what was ultimately a refereeing decision

DuffleKing

I have no interest in nor have i mentioned the 2003 all ireland final incident, which seems to be an obsession for you.
I am talking generally about Jordan's "performances".

Final Whistle

Do you think that Jordan is not good enough to play on the Tyrone team????

DuffleKing

Of course, but not every county player is a "great" player.

mackers

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on March 03, 2010, 08:18:18 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 02, 2010, 07:49:51 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 02, 2010, 07:47:26 PM
Quote from: hobit hunter on March 02, 2010, 06:05:26 PM
Nothing justifies cheating, which is what he did to have Marsden sent off.  If this is part of the game in your opinion then it just shows to the country what Tyrone are all about.  Win at any price.

Seriously lads it was 7 years, its time for you's to move on. It isn't even a good example of a dive as Marsden clearly hit him the face. As I say everytime you's bring it up what about Bellew who wasn't touched and lay down in a pile to get a Cavan player sent off in 2004. Its a real case of selective memory from Armagh fans.

On the day only for nerve's Tyrone should have won by more. Long before the sending off or the McDonnell chance Tyrone missed four clear cut goal chances - Cavanagh,McGinley,Cavlan,Mulligan.

Yip- get over it...

exactly
Of course, you're right, we should forget all about previous injustices from previous years...........I mean you never hear Tyrone posters moaning about the Meath game in 96 or the AI final in 1995......not once has it been brought up on the board....... ::) ::)
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Final Whistle

my advice, watch the following games;

05 v Kerry
05 v Cavan
03 v Kerry
08 v wexford
08 v mayo
08 v kerry
05 v dublin (replay)

name me a better no 7 over the last 10 years?