mickey harte - dead man act

Started by hurl4ever, February 27, 2010, 01:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodyb

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 27, 2010, 08:12:12 PM
jodyb,he doesn't mention the McCusker incident in 95,nor does he mention Johnny McBride falling like a shot to get him sent off in 01.
Quote from: Club Rossa on February 28, 2010, 06:44:07 PM
Liam Hinphys impersonation in 06 wasn't bad either.

Rossa, Both occasions where Derry men didn't cover themselves in glory, no doubt. How and ever, on both of those occasions, there was at least a level of contact that could be loosely described as some sort of force.
In Rooster's case, there was no such event, Canavan merely did what he has done so well on many occasions since, deliberately dived to get a man the line.

Club Rossa

But i just got the impression that it was only Tyrone men that con referees.Obviously i was wrong.

hobit hunter

Jordan's act in 2003 was a cowardly disgrace.  It represented all that's bad in Tyrone football when they have so much good to display.  He cheated Marsden out of the game, an All Ireland final and another All Ireland.

Latest rumour is that Mickey has taken on management of the Irish diving team for the 2012 Olympics.

Club Rossa

I'm also hearing he has made Martin O'Rourke captain.

hobit hunter

red hander

Quote from: hobit hunter on March 01, 2010, 09:24:13 PM
Jordan's act in 2003 was a cowardly disgrace.  It represented all that's bad in Tyrone football when they have so much good to display.  He cheated Marsden out of the game, an All Ireland final and another All Ireland.

Latest rumour is that Mickey has taken on management of the Irish diving team for the 2012 Olympics.

How did he cheat him out of another All-Ireland? 

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: jodyb on March 01, 2010, 01:22:24 AM
Quote from: Club Rossa on February 27, 2010, 08:12:12 PM
jodyb,he doesn't mention the McCusker incident in 95,nor does he mention Johnny McBride falling like a shot to get him sent off in 01.
Quote from: Club Rossa on February 28, 2010, 06:44:07 PM
Liam Hinphys impersonation in 06 wasn't bad either.

Rossa, Both occasions where Derry men didn't cover themselves in glory, no doubt. How and ever, on both of those occasions, there was at least a level of contact that could be loosely described as some sort of force.
In Rooster's case, there was no such event, Canavan merely did what he has done so well on many occasions since, deliberately dived to get a man the line.

Win All-Irelands?

Club Rossa

This is Armagh's Martin O'Rourke i'm talking about.You must be thinking of a different one. ;)

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 28, 2010, 10:24:51 AM

But not as consistently as Jordan over a sustained period of years. Jordan, and until the last few years dooher, have been a blight on the gaelic football fair play landscape

what a load of shite. Philip Jordan has been an excellent role model and ambassador for the GAA - hsi credentials are untarnished by the events of 2003, where as far as i can rememebr he picke dup the first of 3 all-irelands. Both he and Dooher are committed winners adn 'empty the tank' on field rather thn on bulletin boards
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

DuffleKing

The manner in which jordan plays the game and conducts himself on the field is, in my view, lamentable given the natural football abilty he possesses

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 02, 2010, 03:50:21 PM

The manner in which jordan plays the game and conducts himself on the field is, in my view, lamentable given the natural football abilty he possesses

Nonsense - the game is not one of templates and stereotypcial performances. GAA players dont have to perform in a way to suit the crowd - they dont have to behave in anyway other than within the rules and to the best of their ability. Philip Jordan plays the game his way - and is a winner - 3 all irelands and several allstar performances in the 2008 seaswon ..there is very little lamentable about the man. You would rather hang him on a confrontation with Dirmaid marsden rather than look objectively at his consistency across several seasons?

no point in using a player from your county to prove a point - let him without sin and all that. Philip is as good a player as there has been  - borne out by his medal collection - in the modern game.
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

hobit hunter

Nothing justifies cheating, which is what he did to have Marsden sent off.  If this is part of the game in your opinion then it just shows to the country what Tyrone are all about.  Win at any price.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: hobit hunter on March 02, 2010, 06:05:26 PM
Nothing justifies cheating, which is what he did to have Marsden sent off.  If this is part of the game in your opinion then it just shows to the country what Tyrone are all about.  Win at any price.

Seriously lads it was 7 years, its time for you's to move on. It isn't even a good example of a dive as Marsden clearly hit him the face. As I say everytime you's bring it up what about Bellew who wasn't touched and lay down in a pile to get a Cavan player sent off in 2004. Its a real case of selective memory from Armagh fans.

On the day only for nerve's Tyrone should have won by more. Long before the sending off or the McDonnell chance Tyrone missed four clear cut goal chances - Cavanagh,McGinley,Cavlan,Mulligan.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 02, 2010, 07:47:26 PM

Seriously lads it was 7 years, its time for you's to move on. It isn't even a good example of a dive as Marsden clearly hit him the face. As I say everytime you's bring it up what about Bellew who wasn't touched and lay down in a pile to get a Cavan player sent off in 2004. Its a real case of selective memory from Armagh fans.

On the day only for nerve's Tyrone should have won by more. Long before the sending off or the McDonnell chance Tyrone missed four clear cut goal chances - Cavanagh,McGinley,Cavlan,Mulligan.

Yip- get over it...

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 02, 2010, 07:49:51 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 02, 2010, 07:47:26 PM

Yip- get over it...

exactly