Homophobia and racism in Ireland

Started by Olly, February 08, 2010, 10:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Puckoon

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 11, 2010, 06:15:52 PM
I have refrained so far in the debate about racism but here's my tuppence.  I am married to a woman from the Caribbean, she is mixed as most people are in the Caribbean.  Despite the way I probably come across in debates on here, I take people the way I find them.  People can be assholes no matter where they are from or what colour their skin is

Those of you who seem proud of being backward about this really should take a step into the modern world.  There is no such thing as a pure Irishman or Englishman nor any other nationality and the more time goes on the more mixed we all get in truth

I stopped reading right there.

f**k away off you and leave it to the rest of us poor bastards. You lucky SOB  ;)

ONeill

I am married to a woman from the Caribbean, she is mixed as most people are in the Caribbean.

Aye mixed up, marrying an Orchard man.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: ONeill on February 11, 2010, 08:34:38 PM
  I am married to a woman from the Caribbean, she is mixed as most people are in the Caribbean.

Aye mixed up, marrying an Orchard man.
Oh shush you  :D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

mylestheslasher

Quote from: EC Unique on February 11, 2010, 05:58:00 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 11, 2010, 05:43:26 PM
Quote from: Hardy on February 09, 2010, 04:50:04 PM
I'd be disappointed if my son turned out to be black.

And I'd be disappointed if a black turned out to be my son (because I'd be able to recollect feck all about the conceiving of him!).

This is depressing though:

Quote from: EC Unique on February 09, 2010, 08:27:44 PM
You will find there are more Irish people that would share my views than disagree.
Would they all be 'sad little people, happy in their own stupidity'?

So EC, you have to invoke the lemmings-mentality syndrome to justify your racism and discrimination? Does the Third Reich, the Germans and Hitler ring any alarm bells?

So if a group of people share an opinion they are 'lemmings' ::)

Try again young man.

Forming an opinion of people without any scientific evidence to support the view is not worthy of respect. I don't respect the opinion of rascists or the opinions of people who think the world is flat. They are idiots.

longrunsthefox

And I'd be disappointed if a black turned out to be my son (because I'd be able to recollect feck all about the conceiving of him!).

You will find there are more Irish people that would share my views than disagree.

So EC, you have to invoke the lemmings-mentality syndrome to justify your racism and discrimination? Does the Third Reich, the Germans and Hitler ring any alarm bells?

Try again young man.

Young man, as you so arrogantly call him EC, has you and your bigotry well sussed. Trying to hide behind 'clever' remarks doesn't disguise what you are about.

EC Unique

longrunsthefox

About trying to hide your right wing, fundamental religious, racist, homophobic views behind the excuse you know loads who feel the same way. Have you children or is that a figment of your imagination? I would hope my children would never come home with a character like you...   

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: EC Unique on February 11, 2010, 11:16:43 PM
What exactly am I about Fox?

Tell you what EC, call up to the Messiah up the hill in Glencull, and confess your racist and bigoted sins. Then be prepared for a zillion decades of the rosary  :D

Thanks fox, what are you after anyway  ;)

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 11, 2010, 11:27:45 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 11, 2010, 11:16:43 PM
What exactly am I about Fox?

Tell you what EC, call up to the Messiah up the hill in Glencull, and confess your racist and bigoted sins. Then be prepared for a zillion decades of the rosary  :D

Thanks fox, what are you after anyway  ;)

Well, I agree with you on this one. First time for everything I suppose  8)

stew

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 11, 2010, 11:26:45 PM
About trying to hide your right wing, fundamental religious, racist, homophobic views behind the excuse you know loads who feel the same way. Have you children or is that a figment of your imagination? I would hope my children would never come home with a character like you...   

Are you a looney left wingnut, anti religious, love everybody and feck all conservatives type of fella?

It takes all sorts, and believe me, left wingers are every bit as dangerous as right wingers. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Zapatista

Quote from: stew on February 11, 2010, 11:37:34 PM
It takes all sorts, and believe me, left footers are every bit as dangerous as right footers. ;)

fixed

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: stew on February 11, 2010, 11:37:34 PM
It takes all sorts, and believe me, left wingers are every bit as dangerous as right wingers. ;)

Wrong stew: extremism of any kind is just as dangerous as extremism of any other kind. It matters not the political orientation.

You dig man, peace and love and all that  ;)

ziggysego

Try again young man.

Don't be ridiculous EC. FoBS may be a lot of things, but he isn't a young man!
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on February 11, 2010, 11:49:05 PM
Don't be ridiculous EC. FoSB may be a lot of things, but he isn't a young man!

You want me to turn rabidly right-wing Zig? Keep going buddy  :D