All Ireland Club Championships - Final Stages

Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: The Worker on February 28, 2010, 10:16:05 PM
Does anyone know what times the thrown ins are at on St Patricks day?

Hurling 2pm
Footie 3.45

The Worker

Quote from: orangeman on February 28, 2010, 10:18:43 PM
Quote from: The Worker on February 28, 2010, 10:16:05 PM
Does anyone know what times the thrown ins are at on St Patricks day?

Hurling 2pm
Footie 3.45

thanks

should be 2 good games. hopefully there will be a big crowd in attendance.

RedandGreenSniper

Looking back on it the referee was terrible, which I realised at the time, but St Galls were still by far the better team and have themselves to blame as much as the referee for Corofin coming back into the game. They looked like a team who felt they could defeat Corofin at their leisure instead of puting them away when they were on top. 1-5 to 0-2 was no reflection on their dominance and then a goal from nowhere threw the game wide open.
If they go out and try to win the game early against Kilmurry-Ibrickane they could be winning by 15 points. Take too much out of the ball like they did against Corofin will create a battle that won't suit Galls.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 28, 2010, 11:14:15 PM
1-5 to 0-2 was no reflection on their dominance and then a goal from nowhere threw the game wide open.

Actually I felt Corofin should have been a lot closer at half-time. They missed about 5 very scoreable frees and then gifted a goal to Gall's really with a poor handpass out of defence. Corofin themselves of course got a soft goal after that.

Lorcs

Does anyone know if TG4.ie will be broadcasting the finals online?

Or is it RTE that steps in for the finals...?

Jinxy

Looking back on it the referee was terrible, which I realised at the time, but St Galls were still by far the better team and have themselves to blame as much as the referee for Corofin coming back into the game. They looked like a team who felt they could defeat Corofin at their leisure instead of puting them away when they were on top. 1-5 to 0-2 was no reflection on their dominance and then a goal from nowhere threw the game wide open.
If they go out and try to win the game early against Kilmurry-Ibrickane they could be winning by 15 points. Take too much out of the ball like they did against Corofin will create a battle that won't suit Galls.

Portlaoise thought they only had to turn up too.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Quote from: Lorcs on February 28, 2010, 11:21:29 PM
Does anyone know if TG4.ie will be broadcasting the finals online?

Or is it RTE that steps in for the finals...?

TG4

WEDNESDAY 17th MARCH

1:30pm GAA Beo coverage begins
AIB Club Hurling and Football Finals
2:00pm AIB Club Hurling Final
3:45pm AIB Club Football Final

Ionad: Páirc an Chrócaigh

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Jinxy on February 28, 2010, 11:31:06 PM

That's my point. If they go out and play like they can they will win comfortably. If they assume they will win at their leisure, like they did on Saturday, they'll be drawn into a battle that Quilty will only be too ready for.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

INDIANA

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 01, 2010, 12:19:43 AM

That's my point. If they go out and play like they can they will win comfortably. If they assume they will win at their leisure, like they did on Saturday, they'll be drawn into a battle that Quilty will only be too ready for.
Anybody who thinks Galls are going to win this handy is codding themselves. the best footballing performance of the club championhip was by Kilmurry. Croke Park will suit their style. Too many people are being drawn into this idea because Clare are poor at inter county level that it will only be a matter of time before Kilmurry are shown up. In my opinion they have already beaten teams the equal of St Galls. St Galls are slight favourites but nothing more than that in my view.
I was at the game on Saturday night. St Galls deserved it  but one weakness they have is a reliance on CJ.

gallsman

Quote from: INDIANA on March 01, 2010, 08:58:27 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 01, 2010, 12:19:43 AM

Anybody who thinks Galls are going to win this handy is codding themselves. the best footballing performance of the club championhip was by Kilmurry. Croke Park will suit their style. Too many people are being drawn into this idea because Clare are poor at inter county level that it will only be a matter of time before Kilmurry are shown up. In my opinion they have already beaten teams the equal of St Galls. St Galls are slight favourites but nothing more than that in my view.
I was at the game on Saturday night. St Galls deserved it  but one weakness they have is a reliance on CJ.

Now who's codding themself? The forwards were by and large poor on  Saturday and they did indeed rely on CJ. In one match.

Every player on the St. Galls team from the half back line is well capable of taking a score.

ONeill

Quote from: loughshore lad on February 28, 2010, 12:59:28 PM
Really enjoyed the game last night despite the inept performance of the referee.  St Galls are a joy to watch at times particularly when their running game is operating well.  In Sean Kelly they have a player who would grace any team he is going to be a massive addition to the Baker this year.  Very impressed with Kieran McGourty, have saw him a number of times and he has been very good each time - doesnt get the same plaudits as the brothers but is every bit effective for St Galls as the other 2.

Kieran might be suffering from the balding enigma. Line 3 brothers up and whilst 2 have a thick head of hair, one is thinning on top. I know which one I wouldn't trust in battle.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DuffleKing

Anyone who thinks Galls are reliant on cj for scores hasn't seen much of them to be fair.

Its a dangerous approach, for any team, to base their analysis on the last televised match

INDIANA

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 01, 2010, 01:46:44 PM

Anyone who thinks Galls are reliant on cj for scores hasn't seen much of them to be fair.

Its a dangerous approach, for any team, to base their analysis on the last televised match
You mean analysis which says St Galls are going to win by 15 points is better? ;D :D

DuffleKing

You think galls will win by 15 points?

Anyone who has watched galls over the last 5 years knows that cj has good and bad days but most certainly is not the be all and end all for scoring returns

INDIANA

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 01, 2010, 03:29:02 PM

You think galls will win by 15 points?

Anyone who has watched galls over the last 5 years knows that cj has good and bad days but most certainly is not the be all and end all for scoring returns
Nope but others think they might. No bad team gets to an all-ireland final.