UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

walked past Rossa today Hardstation with my wee bro and they had a barbecue blazing away. seemed good craic. our club was grand out on the balcony with plenty of magners. bit of banter and the usual craic. enjoyed a home game for a change.

£13 quid in so me and wee mackers said look heres £20 will that do? no problem :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Quote from: dodgy umpire on May 23, 2010, 10:36:32 PM
From a neutral perspective, thought Kevin Mc Gourty did well when he came on with the exception of one poor kick pass straight to a Tyrone defender. The personal abuse on here is unwarranted!

Kevin was unavailable for the first half as he was out posting notes on car windscreens about FF setting up in the north.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mountainboii

Quote from: hardstation on May 23, 2010, 10:30:45 PM
Quote from: Gold on May 23, 2010, 10:25:02 PM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on May 23, 2010, 10:17:11 PM
How does Oisin McConville get punditry work? Has there ever been a more boring monotone voice?

He's like a broken fridge.

Awful
Brutal.

Could you imagine an Cóilín Duffy interviewing Oisín?

Very dreary, even by Cross standards. But he's still better to listen to than bullshitters like Lyons and Flynn.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Puckoon on May 23, 2010, 09:33:55 PM
He came on and stuck one of the Tyrone boys on their arse. He caught 3 or 4 of the next 4 or 5 kickouts. He wanted possession, he took it drove with it, and it was no coinkydink that the antrim "turnaround" co-incided with his introduction.
If Kevin McGourty got his head right in terms of discipline and "the team" antrim would be in a much better place than they are today.

I think McGourty is a fine player - my point is that i think it shows a lack of respect and belief in his other players if Bradley has to call him back a week before the game, after a converstaion in a toilet in celtic park...he could have went looking for him before then...he just walked onto the team, in the same way that he was able to walk of it. he shows no respect for his county. I think his impact today is exagerated, in so far as Tyrone made a few wides and were playing within themselves in the second half
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Orior

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 23, 2010, 10:39:43 PM
walked past Rossa today Hardstation with my wee bro and they had a barbecue blazing away. seemed good craic. our club was grand out on the balcony with plenty of magners. bit of banter and the usual craic. enjoyed a home game for a change.

£13 quid in so me and wee mackers said look heres £20 will that do? no problem :P

Good to know that when I pay the full entry fee that I'm subsidizing the Falls Road people  :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on May 23, 2010, 10:44:53 PM

Good to know that when I pay the full entry fee that I'm subsidizing the Falls Road people  :)

cheers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on May 23, 2010, 09:29:16 PM
McGourty walked away from Antrim a couple of years ago - a chance encounter in a Celtic Park pisser (i kid you not) got him re-instated...

What's the craic with this NBA? Did they just shake hands on it or what?  :o

Quote...comes on in the 2nd half today, and makes no real impact...what signal does that send to all those player swho have been training their holes off all year, and not spitting the dummy out once...Bradley let himself down badly today ...sorry about the typos

Huh? OK, so you hate KMcG, that's obvious, but you just make yourself look ridiculous with that statement. Were you at the match? He broke a couple of balls from both Hub and Big Sean he had no right to get to and generally added a buzz of meaningful intent and effort which Antrim had been badly lacking. He definitely contributed greatly to Antrim's "revival" in my opinion.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on May 23, 2010, 10:54:26 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on May 23, 2010, 09:29:16 PM
McGourty walked away from Antrim a couple of years ago - a chance encounter in a Celtic Park pisser (i kid you not) got him re-instated...

What's the craic with this NBA? Did they just shake hands on it or what?  :o

Quote...comes on in the 2nd half today, and makes no real impact...what signal does that send to all those player swho have been training their holes off all year, and not spitting the dummy out once...Bradley let himself down badly today ...sorry about the typos

Huh? OK, so you hate KMcG, that's obvious, but you just make yourself look ridiculous with that statement. Were you at the match? He broke a couple of balls from both Hub and Big Sean he had no right to get to and generally added a buzz of meaningful intent and effort which Antrim had been badly lacking. He definitely contributed greatly to Antrim's "revival" in my opinion.

forget what he's saying, sure they were meant to win the campionship last year, couldn't win their semi when expected. expect the same this year. more bullshite

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on May 23, 2010, 10:46:24 PM

You should have been in Fruithill. Some superb matches on the green and Fuzzman got a burger outside the Whitefort. One thing though - As I walked into Fruithill, I could see a Tyrone flag flying from the building. I found this strange and when I approached the front door, their Antrim flag was lying on the ground. Bad sign.

I paid £21.

I think it was those women bowlers from Ballywalter. Fair play to them anyway. I mean, Ballywalter is a black hole, yet they come along and play bowls while being watched by about 30 GAA men.

Saffrons

We were very poor in the 1st half. So many basic errors, so much lateral build-up, not enough tracking back to blanket defence (maybe this was due to counter attacks of Tyrone after turnovers). In reality we gifted Tyrone two goals. Why does it always take an 8 point deficit for us to start playing against Tyrone?
From an Antrim view encouraging signs were K McGourty, who I thought was very impressive as was CJ. Tbh don't think a goal was on in the instance talked about Tyrone had about three players inside the 13 metre line in front of goal. Loughrey in 2nd half, Scullion at times, Kevin O'Boyle, Niblock, Douglas and a couple of others showed well. Thought we really had Tyrone on the ropes in the second half in a game that (worryingly for Tyrone) should've been over long before mainly due to basic errors on our part. If Gallagher would've scored that point and the ref (gave some very soft frees to Tyrone) didn't give two soft frees right in front of the posts we could have had an upset. Strange game (not a lot of atmosphere or intensity), and frustrating as we don't know where we stand. Did Tyrone take their foot off the pedal? I thought we genuinely had them rattled in the 2nd half (unlike at any time during last years final).

loughshore lad

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 23, 2010, 10:38:03 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 23, 2010, 09:58:53 PM
Until they start playing for the full 70 mins we won't know.

Antrim or Tyrone? ;). Plenty of positives for Tyrone but a little worrying that they missed some great chances to kill Antrim off and ended up in a close game in the final 15 when it should have been all over by then. Antrim deserve credit for coming back into but they shouldnt have been given the chance to do so. The team looked a lot better than in the league though and lots to build on. Id be a bit concerned still about the lack of a playmaker to knit it all together, somebody in the role of Brian McGuigan in 2003 and 2005 and Colm McCullagh in 2008. Tyrone missed that last summer and its still to be addressed. Nothing wrong with Mugsy's goal at all and Bradley is making a fool of himself in suggesting the ref was a factor in his teams defeat.

Tommy is more than capable of doing that.

Some positives from today for Tyrone.  The 2 McMahons played well as did Carlin at the back.  Half back line was dissappointing, I thought Kevin Niblock had Ricey in trouble and progressively more so as the game went on.  Midfield was excellent in the first half although both faded in the second but the heat was ferocious.  Up front O'Neill was sublime when hey got the ball to him.  Dooher was dissappointing in my view.  Talk all you want about flying in training, first in bleep tests etc its football these men are playing but that game will bring him on.

From an Antrim perspective the game was over before they had started.  The ploy of McMahon dropping back had them bamboozled with Scullion all at sea and receiving no instruction from the line or his teammates.  For all Baker's talk in the press before the game the Antrim team didn't exhibit the same exuberance and that was their downfall.  Kevin Niblock is a fine player while the 2 McCgouty's certainly added to the Antrim team.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: hardstation on May 23, 2010, 09:55:05 PM
Here's a question.

Are Antrim that far off Tyrone?

OK, Tyrone are missing players and they won that handy enough today but....

You'd have to admit that the 2 goals were soft as fcuk and a number of Tyrone's points were gifted to them by the Antrim backs giving the ball away.

I think they are good bit off a Tyrone team that is in decline Hardstation, I'm afraid. Don't take false comfort from the scoreline or the hard luck stories. Tyrone had a goal disallowed (correctly in my view, but on another day...) and had several other goal chances they didn't feel the need to grab. Men against boys for the most part. Physically in particular. What happened all those weights Cunningham was supposed to be doing over the winter?

imtommygunn

Disappointed that the soft goals pretty much killed the game off. They would both stupid mistakes and should firmly have been cut out.

We'd a few boys who weren't cutting it and when they went off second half and we'd closer to our best team on we competed much better.

We played a game with a midfielder at FF and a WHF at corner forward. CJ in there would have been better from the start but we just don't have a FF. Magill is a massive loss to that team. That leads to nowhere near enough cutting edge in the FF line. Why baker didn't have someone pushing up on Joe McMahon first half I don't know. He ran the game.

McGourty did well when he came on. He can always make space in club football but he didn't find it so handy today. No harm to Herron but he was well off the pace so McGourty coming on helped in this regard too.

I would say a few things about Tyrone. There were enough questions asked and found unanswered today to worry them. Someone says Ricey played well - I thought Niblock had a great game and made Ricey look to be on his last legs. Davy Harte also looked to be struggling and I'm not sure Hub will cut it against the better teams later on in the c'ship. That being said Stevie O'Neill is a class act, Mulligan will get better when he sorts his handling out, Jordan looks back to his best and I think Carlin is definitely worth his place in the team. (Mind you I think they should move him to RHB and drio Davy Harte)

loughshore lad

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on May 23, 2010, 11:09:39 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 23, 2010, 09:55:05 PM
Here's a question.

Are Antrim that far off Tyrone?

OK, Tyrone are missing players and they won that handy enough today but....

You'd have to admit that the 2 goals were soft as fcuk and a number of Tyrone's points were gifted to them by the Antrim backs giving the ball away.

I think they are good bit off a Tyrone team that is in decline Hardstation, I'm afraid. Don't take false comfort from the scoreline or the hard luck stories. Tyrone had a goal disallowed (correctly in my view, but on another day...) and had several other goal chances they didn't feel the need to grab. Men against boys for the most part. Physically in particular. What happened all those weights Cunningham was supposed to be doing over the winter?

Funny that thought entered my head as well today a few times.  There was plenty of media attention surrounding Cunningham over the last while suggesting how he was a better player this year with added muscle and pace but Carlin handled him very well.  Carlin has been very good for Tyrone all year, not the biggest of players but very tenacious and fantastic at breaking out of defence.