UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on May 23, 2010, 09:08:18 PM
Antrim manager Liam Bradley described Pat McEneaney's standard of refereeing "disgraceful" after the 2-14 to 1-13 defeat by Tyrone in the Ulster SFC.

"There were plenty of positives but one big negative - Tyrone's second goal, it was definitely a free-out," he said.

"We were back in it in the last few minutes and the last two frees they got were disgraceful.

"The lads tried hard and we came back well in the second half but we were beaten by the better team."

Bradley believes McEneaney's decision to allow Owen Mulligan's goal was crucial to the outcome of the quarter-final at Casement Park.

"It's a big talking point because it came at a crucial stage," he added.

"We would have been quite happy going in four points down at half-time but that turned it into a seven-point deficit and it was going to hard coming back from that.

"We don't want to known as gallant losers - we feel that we are a good side and we are going places and hopefully after this game people will realise that."

Tyrone boss Mickey Harte was relieved after the victory and he praised the Saffrons display.

"We had a very good first half, we got a decent lead and we should have been able to build on it," said Harte.

"Antrim impressed me in the second half and we were hanging on by our fingertips at the end of the game.

"A lot of credit must go to Antrim - they have been making statements of their ambition to going higher and they made a big statement in this game."

"I am sure no-one will want to draw them in the qualifiers."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8699670.stm

What is Baker chatting about? Mugsy winning possesion of Brady? Check out Jerome's video which clearly shows an excellent steal, no foul.

Also poor poor defending. Aaron Douglas almost invited him to have a go at goal.

Milltown Row2

fst off Orangeman, no way did Pat give Antrim easy frees, thats just bullshite. game was over at halftime and  as i said to the lads at the game, ths is a repeat of the Ulster final, thought Kevin Niblock was man of the match and had we belived in ourselves more we could have done better. Brady was dispossesed fairly i thought for Mugsy's goal.

as someone said (O'Neill) we give them too much respect again. i'm glad the game was played with a bit more flare that the last game and we came out in big numbers to watch it.

oh side note, i thought after his irish news interview, Scullion was on the mark ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

There was a quare difference between the movement of the movement of the Tyrone full forwards and the Antrim full forwards. Too often in the first half Antrim tried to walk the ball through midfield and the half forward line, only to meet the a white&red wall.

Great to see the revival in he second half, but sure it was all to late then.

K McGourty is a 27 year-old student. Whats a 27 year-old student?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

omagh_gael

Quote from: Orior on May 23, 2010, 09:22:57 PM
There was a quare difference between the movement of the movement of the Tyrone full forwards and the Antrim full forwards. Too often in the first half Antrim tried to walk the ball through midfield and the half forward line, only to meet the a white&red wall.

A dosser

NaomhBridAbú

McGourty walked away from Antrim a couple of years ago - a chance encounted in a Celtic Park pisser (i kid you not0 got him re-instated...comes on in the 2nd half today, and makes no real impact...what signal does that send to all those player swho have been training their holes off all year, and not spitting the dummy out once...Bradley let himself down badly today
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

NaomhBridAbú

a tool
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

ross4life

Mature student i guess
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on May 23, 2010, 09:26:42 PM
McGourty walked away from Antrim a couple of years ago - a chance encounted in a Celtic Park pisser (i kid you not0 got him re-instated...comes on in the 2nd half today, and makes no real impact...what signal does that send to all those player swho have been training their holes off all year, and not spitting the dummy out once...Bradley let himself down badly today

What game were you watching?

NaomhBridAbú

McGourty walked away from Antrim a couple of years ago - a chance encounter in a Celtic Park pisser (i kid you not) got him re-instated...comes on in the 2nd half today, and makes no real impact...what signal does that send to all those player swho have been training their holes off all year, and not spitting the dummy out once...Bradley let himself down badly today ...sorry about the typos

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Puckoon on May 23, 2010, 09:28:56 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on May 23, 2010, 09:26:42 PM

What game were you watching?

so that was impact then??FFS

Archie Mitchell

Good to have the championship back. Great day and good atmosphere and colour at Casement. Can't see why anyone has any issues with Casement as a venue, its as good as any others out there and the pitch is superb. Is the planned development still for going ahead?

Anyway on to the game. Good victory for Tyrone, never looked in trouble and was more or less over at half time. Great performances from Justy, Ricey, Hub, Colm Cav, Dooher, Joey and O'Neill. Hub would have edged it for me for man of the match, ran out of steam in last 15 minutes or so, but not surprised such was the ground he covered and the roasting hot day. Disappointed Antrim didn't make more of a game of it in the first half, they seemed to finish with the best team, the McGourty's made a big difference.

Puckoon

He came on and stuck one of the Tyrone boys on their arse. He caught 3 or 4 of the next 4 or 5 kickouts. He wanted possession, he took it drove with it, and it was no coinkydink that the antrim "turnaround" co-incided with his introduction.
If Kevin McGourty got his head right in terms of discipline and "the team" antrim would be in a much better place than they are today.

Minder

McGourty did ok but the bar was pretty low from the first half,  but I have a feeling his impact will be overstated. He was on the ball a lot but his distribution with the foot isn't great. I take it when Brolly talked of Antrim players taking the easy points when they needed a goal he was referring to CJ, he got the ball about ten yards out and instead of taking on his man he just clipped it over when a goal was needed.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longrunsthefox

sandwiches_in_the_boot

McGourty came on when Antrim were just getting their tails up, so that may lead to his influence being overstated. Saying that he did fairly well, made his presence felt anyway which is more than could be said for the majority of the starting 15.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken