UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 23, 2010, 09:03:47 PM
Not long back.

Good day at the office. A comfortable enough win in the end but still plenty to work on. F**k that was one scorcher of a day, to make matters worse they ran out of choc ices before the game even started!

Couple of spectacular SoN scores and a brilliant goal from Mugsy were great to see. Fair play to Antrim for making a match of it but Tyrone always seemed to find their scores a lot easier. Not many mentioning K Hughes' performance which I thought was very good, had his shooting boots on and was available in forward positions right the way through the game. As someone mentioned earlier Davy Harte hardly touched leather. Was this a game that by-passed him or is his form starting to turn?

A quick mention for the two corners backs. Both Cappagh men had excellent games, tigerish tackling meant their men barely had room to fart never mind score in the 1st half. Loosened a bit in 2nd half but in those conditions it would be impossible to keep it going for 70 mins.

Obviously not a strict drinking ban enforced in the Tyrone camp with Hub, Mugsy and a few other enjoying a pint with the fans outside Biddy's after the game with Mickey Harte across the street. Good to see.

Anyway, plenty of work left for 19th June and hopefully we'll have a long summer ahead of us.

Fair play to tyrone for letting the plaeyrs enjoy a bit of grog with the fans after the game, that always happens with premiership players.  :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Until they start playing for the full 70 mins we won't know.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on May 23, 2010, 09:42:00 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 23, 2010, 09:37:15 PM
McGourty did ok but the bar was pretty low from the first half,  but I have a feeling his impact will be overstated. He was on the ball a lot but his distribution with the foot isn't great. I take it when Brolly talked of Antrim players taking the easy points when they needed a goal he was referring to CJ, he got the ball about ten yards out and instead of taking on his man he just clipped it over when a goal was needed.
Yeah, that stuck out for me. We can't seem to go in and take a goal.
Funny though that CJ had a rattle at the net and was blocked in the club final. People on here said he was being greedy looking for the net. Ya can't do right.....

But yes, we can't make goal chances.

Without doubt he should have went to shoot, soloed it, watched the Tyrone defender dive to the floor (as Mulligan did for his goal) then buried it. This going for points when a goal is half on and you need a goal is useless. It was goal or nothin at that stage.

What Sligonian said was totally true, its easy to play well when the games over and youve nothin to lose with no mission of coming back. It shows no guts not going for the game when its nil all and the games there to be won

Gutted again that watched us lose a game giving up shite soft goals and the game being over as a contest after 15 mins.

McEnaney also gave Tyrone a couple of soft frees at the end a la Tullamore last year when the Gooch was given 6 frees for being the Gooch
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

Antrim need to start well, chasing a game is hard and we are not good at it. Tyrone maybe thought this was in the bag and played below par after their second point on the re-start.

or! Antrim started to believe and applied pressure and Tyrone came up short with answers to stop us!!

either way i was happy with the second half response and disappointed with the fact we could have played better. 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Archie Mitchell

Baker said on The Sunday Game interview that a draw maybe would have been a fair result  :D

sandwiches_in_the_boot

How does Oisin McConville get punditry work? Has there ever been a more boring monotone voice?

He's like a broken fridge.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Cde

and the high lites were sh1t too

didnt show stevies first point or the square ball

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cde on May 23, 2010, 10:18:34 PM

i was standing behind the goal and it was a square ball all day, called it as the ball hung in the air.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Was gonna say that. Two main reasons I was watching. Did they even show his second half one?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Cde

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 23, 2010, 10:20:31 PM

i was standing behind the goal and it was a square ball all day, called it as the ball hung in the air.

would still have liked to see it

Gold

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on May 23, 2010, 10:17:11 PM
How does Oisin McConville get punditry work? Has there ever been a more boring monotone voice?

He's like a broken fridge.

Awful
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on May 23, 2010, 10:02:10 PM
Just saw Mulligan's goal again. Never a foul. Questions have to be asked of Brady.

Brady had a bad day.

Were you in the bowling club? I watched Falls play Ballywalter. Sexy ladies on both teams.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

dodgy umpire

From a neutral perspective, thought Kevin Mc Gourty did well when he came on with the exception of one poor kick pass straight to a Tyrone defender. The personal abuse on here is unwarranted!
The Boys in Red and Black are back

EC Unique

Job done. Tyrone blow Antrim out of the park, take the foot off the gas, let Antrim back to 3 points and then lift a gear and make it safe. Like a fisherman playing a fish on a quiet day. Tyrone look good but have work to do yet as they will come up against much much better opposition soon.

Baker thinks it should have been a draw :D :D How does he get a job in Football :D

Thought Pat did a good enough job.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Minder on May 23, 2010, 09:58:53 PM
Until they start playing for the full 70 mins we won't know.

Antrim or Tyrone? ;). Plenty of positives for Tyrone but a little worrying that they missed some great chances to kill Antrim off and ended up in a close game in the final 15 when it should have been all over by then. Antrim deserve credit for coming back into but they shouldnt have been given the chance to do so. The team looked a lot better than in the league though and lots to build on. Id be a bit concerned still about the lack of a playmaker to knit it all together, somebody in the role of Brian McGuigan in 2003 and 2005 and Colm McCullagh in 2008. Tyrone missed that last summer and its still to be addressed. Nothing wrong with Mugsy's goal at all and Bradley is making a fool of himself in suggesting the ref was a factor in his teams defeat.