UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

My main worries is with the defence which seems to be quite easy to break down in the last year or so

A lot of our half back line has lost its pace and was ran ragged v Cork and all through the league. Pace was one of our main assets in our AI successes and I fear teams can now expose that more if we're not dominating at midfield.

Will Dooher's absence put added pressure on our defense or can Penrose take over that mantle. Does poor Davey look more vulnerable now that Dooher's not there to cover him?

With the exception of a good reliable free taker from the left hand side I think our forwards are strong enough if given good ball.
Midfield looks to have improved or at least have more options but I'd feel a lot happier if Jordan gets back to his high standards and Joey was to replace Davey once and for all but maybe he'll come good again come summer.

If everyone was fit and available I would pick

Packie - Scarier on 1 to 1s
Carlin - Fast & Terrier like but needs to keep it simple
Justy - Get back to where he was in 08 & 09
McCarron or Ricey - Ricey has gone backwards big time and needs to get back to
                           basics but has the experience - CmcC a great prospect
Joey or maybe Justy
Block Pace gone but still has enough to make up for it as long as not exposed
Jordan - if can get back to where he was else Sean O'Neill or Ricey

Hub -Great year last year and needs to build on that
Cassidy - Needs to make this jersey his own now

Colm Cav - Help MF & Punch last min goals
Sean - Help MF & RUN RUN RUN FORREST
Collie McC -

Mugsy - Last year perhaps?
SoN - Still feels he has something to prove to the 2008 doubters
Penrose - Can swap with Collie

gerry

trying to pick my GL team, whos the beard going to start most games packie or jd
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Milltown Row2

lads we will all have to get to Casement early that day. all meet down at the pub under the stand, i'll be there in my All Ireland Blue ;) Hardstation will be there in his Tipp colours and Saffron Sam will be there in his Sarsfields colours ;)

i'll buy the first so get down early.

ANTRIM BY A POINT!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Reading on the Tyrone Club thread that Cassidy suffered a broken ankle today. Very unfortunate for the lad who would likely have started against Antrim after a very good league campaign.

DirtyDozen12

Spillane predicts in the paper today a victory for Antrim in the 1st round   :o

Says he expects a first round ulster championship exit for the boys from tyrone  :o
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

trileacman

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on May 09, 2010, 05:58:13 PM

Says he expects a first round ulster championship exit for the boys from tyrone  :o
:o :o
did he give out any lotto numbers?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

orangeman

Anything's possible.

Tyrone have a shocking injury list right now. Home advantage is with Antrim.

Tyrone will be favourites. Antrim have nothing to lose.

Baker will be happy enough.

longrunsthefox

Before Sligo game I'd have thought Antrim were in with a bit of a chance but after seeing that Tyrone could put out a B-team and beat them. In Ulster final last year was over after 15 minutes... is a massive gap between the two counties.

imtommygunn

It remains to be seen how antrim pick themselves up from the sligo game.

Tyrone would be much better than Sligo too. It worries me.

In saying that the St Galls boys didn't really turn up against Sligo and I couldn't see them being so bad again. If they up their game then there is an outside chance with it being the first round.

The sligo performance, not result, is very worrying though.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

cadhlancian

lads, none of this "he is entitled to his opinion dung please!" ::) He is a w**ker. END OF! ;)

omagh_gael

Anyone know the story with Mc Ginley? Is he back with the squad yet? Looks like it will be Hub and C Cavanagh starting in MF.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 09, 2010, 09:19:47 PM
It remains to be seen how antrim pick themselves up from the sligo game.

Tyrone would be much better than Sligo too. It worries me.

In saying that the St Galls boys didn't really turn up against Sligo and I couldn't see them being so bad again. If they up their game then there is an outside chance with it being the first round.

The sligo performance, not result, is very worrying though.
I'd say at this stge that Baker will have them prepared for Casement, am looking forward to it immensely
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

NaomhBridAbú

Hopefully he'll be even more red-faced afetr the game. c**k.
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

EC Unique

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 10, 2010, 09:48:43 AM
Anyone know the story with Mc Ginley? Is he back with the squad yet? Looks like it will be Hub and C Cavanagh starting in MF.

Enda suffered a hamstring injury a week after he left the Tyrone squad. He has not played since and I heard he had a recurrence last week :-\  He will not be back for Tyrone any time soon.