The Frontline - RTE Pat Kenny

Started by Tankie, September 28, 2009, 11:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

anyone watching this? some of these lads are living on a different planet...
Grand Slam Saturday!

Bogball XV

Quote from: Tankie on September 28, 2009, 11:22:25 PM
anyone watching this? some of these lads are living on a different planet...
They just keep on ignoring the two basic facts:
1. Govt has 20BN less in income than expenditure.
2. Their salaries are way in excess of their peers worldwide.

Tankie

there is just no discussion with them...i dont know any company that has not either cut jobs, wage or else has a hire or pay freeze in place and these lads want a rise....
Grand Slam Saturday!

armaghniac

http://www.insideireland.ie/index.cfm/section/news/ext/ibec003/category/1087

IBEC survey, one fifth of companies have reduced wages. A bit less than the 100% of wage cuts in the public sector.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

magpie seanie

I thought McCarthy was made shite of on there. The situaion we are in has apparently nothing to do with the property bubble. Sure Colm. Keep taking whatever you're on (that we're no doubt paying for).

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Public Servants, don't live in the real world. I have actually stopped going to the pub with a few of my mates because they start going on about the banking industry, they are public servants that still earn double what I did before I was made redundant. I decided to stop drinking with them because I was sure I would box one of them one night, but if you say a word about public servant pay, pensions, job security, working hours, sick-days, unions or overtime they have a shitattack. Lads I have been friends with for 17 years and I can't stand going for a pint with them anymore. Went to school & college with these lads, shared digs with them & holidays, but I have enough of their Civil Servant shite, bloody teachers (lads also working on their extensive paid holidays, the bloody cheek).
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tankie

Quote from: armaghniac on September 29, 2009, 12:13:23 AM
http://www.insideireland.ie/index.cfm/section/news/ext/ibec003/category/1087

IBEC survey, one fifth of companies have reduced wages. A bit less than the 100% of wage cuts in the public sector.

yes my company did not cut wages but instead sacked 5000 worldwide and imposed a pay freeze and one so strict that if up get promoted you dont get a pay rise.....so 100% of the public service have taken pay cuts on an over valued pension but 166k from the private sector have got sacked to date and is rising.....sure its easy to strike when you know you cant lose your job....
Grand Slam Saturday!

Pangurban

This is the politics of envy, which the Government knows it can exploit to divide and conquer the working class. Sure upper echolon civil servants and top bueracrats in other public bodies are overpaid, but our politicos wont attack them , not when our Taoiseach earns more than Obama, and his incompetent cabinet is the highest paid in Europe. Some people are easily fooled, if they think cutting the pay of a front line Nurse,Teacher or Civil Servant wil make one damn bit of difference in the grander scale of things

Zapatista

It was terrible. RTEs main current affairs show about a makey uppy issue pitting worker against worker. If RTE State broadcaster were doing what we pay them to do this show would have been about Lisbon. It is the major issue facing the Irish people this week. RTE/Pat Kenny decide to seat Public and Private workers separate 4 days before a referendum and have them blame eachother for the threat to Jobs and work conditions. Divide and conquer. A f**king disgrace by the Sate Broadcaster.

Regarding the topic itself. FF are to blame and no one else. Everything else is a product of FF. I heard people complain about pensions? Look at how FF rewarded Roddy Molloy in his pension. They make cuts to low earning public sector workers and endanger the jobs of private sector workers yet they reward crooks. The biggest threat to jobs and to the Economy is not Lisbon, it's FF. Vote No to Lisbon and take them out.

Hound

Quote from: Zapatista on September 29, 2009, 07:16:04 AM
Vote No to Lisbon and take them out.
So the Lisbon referendum is about FF.

And the No campaign don't tell lies.

Zapatista

I make no apology for it. Vote No and take Cowen and co out. It not a lie it's my view and it's relevant. My No vote can genuinely be a vote against this Government if thats what I want it to be. You have no basis to call that a lie, it's true.

stephenite

Quote from: Zapatista on September 29, 2009, 07:40:42 AM
My No vote can genuinely be a vote against this Government if thats what I want it to be.

Of course it can, but only to you - which doesn't make too much sense in my view.

Zapatista

Quote from: stephenite on September 29, 2009, 07:54:58 AM
My No vote can genuinely be a vote against this Government if thats what I want it to be.

Of course it can, but only to you - which doesn't make too much sense in my view.

Therefore it isn't a lie?

Hound

I make no apology for it. Vote No and take Cowen and co out. It not a lie it's my view and it's relevant. My No vote can genuinely be a vote against this Government if thats what I want it to be. You have no basis to call that a lie, it's true.
Okay either your lying that a No vote will force a change of government.

Or Kenny and Gilmore are lying about a No vote not forcing a change of government.

Abble

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 29, 2009, 12:29:41 AM
Public Servants, don't live in the real world. I have actually stopped going to the pub with a few of my mates because they start going on about the banking industry, they are public servants that still earn double what I did before I was made redundant. I decided to stop drinking with them because I was sure I would box one of them one night, but if you say a word about public servant pay, pensions, job security, working hours, sick-days, unions or overtime they have a shitattack. Lads I have been friends with for 17 years and I can't stand going for a pint with them anymore. Went to school & college with these lads, shared digs with them & holidays, but I have enough of their Civil Servant shite, bloody teachers (lads also working on their extensive paid holidays, the bloody cheek).

after listening to some of this stuff last night i can't blame you. would i be right in saying public sector = greed ? they know they are earning between 20 - 40 % more than their european counterparts but are still unhappy and prepared to strike (ie bring the country down!) if their benefits are effected further ?!@ they've also had it too good for too long these people.