The Frontline - RTE Pat Kenny

Started by Tankie, September 28, 2009, 11:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Bogball XV on September 29, 2009, 11:33:34 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 29, 2009, 06:47:57 PM
Didnt watch the programme as I had to work in my little public sector job. ::)
So the Bankers/FFBuilders and the Fatcats fcuk up the Country and the only way to save it is cut public pay.
The magic figure put about by the gobshites in the Media who are cheerleading for IBEc/ISME etc is a €1Bn reduction.
If they would only stop and think( no that's too much to ask) they would realise that about 65% of that €1bn already goes to the Exchequer(41% tax,10% so called pension levy,2% Income levy,6.5% Superannuation contribution and 5% or 8% PRSI/Health levy).
The remaining 350m is mainly spent on buying goods and services from the Irish private sector. About 110m of that goes back to Govt in VAT and Excise duties.
The remaining 240m maintains how many jobs in shops,hair dressers,pubs,restaurants,garages etc ??? 10,000 ??.
If 10,000 jobs go then Govt loses 50m in PAYE/PRSI/Inc Levy contribs and has to pay out 100m in dole.
So instead of €1,000,000,000 saved the Govt save about €90million.

Aye it's all the public servants' faults alright. ::)

For those public servants out there who don't agree with me, what do you suggest?  How are we to bridge the 20Bn shortfall in our national income?

Ahh thats easy stop all Social Welfare payments being paid to Private Sector works made redundant. Buy a load cheep Ryanair, AerLingus & Ferry tickets and ship us out of the country for good.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Bogball XV

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 30, 2009, 12:08:13 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on September 29, 2009, 11:33:34 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 29, 2009, 06:47:57 PM
Didnt watch the programme as I had to work in my little public sector job. ::)
So the Bankers/FFBuilders and the Fatcats fcuk up the Country and the only way to save it is cut public pay.
The magic figure put about by the gobshites in the Media who are cheerleading for IBEc/ISME etc is a €1Bn reduction.
If they would only stop and think( no that's too much to ask) they would realise that about 65% of that €1bn already goes to the Exchequer(41% tax,10% so called pension levy,2% Income levy,6.5% Superannuation contribution and 5% or 8% PRSI/Health levy).
The remaining 350m is mainly spent on buying goods and services from the Irish private sector. About 110m of that goes back to Govt in VAT and Excise duties.
The remaining 240m maintains how many jobs in shops,hair dressers,pubs,restaurants,garages etc ??? 10,000 ??.
If 10,000 jobs go then Govt loses 50m in PAYE/PRSI/Inc Levy contribs and has to pay out 100m in dole.
So instead of €1,000,000,000 saved the Govt save about €90million.

Aye it's all the public servants' faults alright. ::)

For those public servants out there who don't agree with me, what do you suggest?  How are we to bridge the 20Bn shortfall in our national income?

Ahh thats easy stop all Social Welfare payments being paid to Private Sector works made redundant. Buy a load cheep Ryanair, AerLingus & Ferry tickets and ship us out of the country for good.
what was i thinking, sure if we all vote yes on friday, that will banish the recession for good, yes for jobs, yes for recovery, yes, yes ,yes......

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Donnellys Hollow

Taxi drivers  ::)

Get the violins out
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?