Paul Grimley goes to Monaghan

Started by Carbery, September 02, 2009, 09:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: naka on September 10, 2009, 01:53:48 PM
as an aside has paul grimley ever managed a team, and if so how were the reports from players
You could ask some Clontibret boys, if there are any on here.

full back

Quote from: INDIANA on September 10, 2009, 07:04:45 PM
Check out page 29 of the armagh management thread my good friend.
You dismissed my claim that Joe wasn't interested  in other jobs as half- assed gossip!
Have a few other bits of news as regards Armagh football if you're interested

Was it you that broke the story on Dyas coming back?

The GAA

You dismissed my claim that Joe wasn't interested  in other jobs as half- assed gossip!

Quote from: The GAA on August 16, 2009, 11:20:52 AM

Indiana - i don't mind you letting all you're all knowledgable about football in every other county but when you present half assed gossip as fact on the armagh thread, particularly when we know better, it's more annoying. stop pretending to be martin mchugh.

The best footballers in armagh are between 17 and 20? give me a break. thats a sloppy assumption because armagh currently have a decent minor and u21 side. good minor teams provide about 1 or 2 starters long term to a senior side.

Joe does not want the dublin job. it doesn't pay. that's a two year old rumour for two year olds. he wants the armagh job again in 2 or 3 years.

Where did i say joe wasn't interested in the galway job? everyone had heard the galway rumours at that stage but that's all they were - rumours. Yet you post themm up as insider knowledge in some long vanquished attempt to appear a sage.

I told you quite definitely that he wouldn't be interested in the dublin job (the other  rumour we've all heard that you keep peddalling as inside knowledge) because it doesn't pay.

the galway job on the other hand...

you know exactly what the rest of us know, except we don't post up rumours as insight.

INDIANA

The fact of the matter is - I let a hint on the 15 August he was looking for a job. I then happened to say he's made no secret of the fact he's interested in the Dublin job at some stage. It was no secret he was looking for another county slot at that time as I said.
You're only pissed because you didn't know. Grow up someday.

The GAA

everybody knew. jesus chist.

that's like saying martin o'neill is interested in the england job.

its well known in s armagh that joe needed a county job - well known.

he had touted himself to several prominant club teams but they weren't will to come up with the money.
he has been looking for a county job since last year.

but you have all of the scoops....

Apple Crumble

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 10, 2009, 07:06:27 PM
as an aside has paul grimley ever managed a team, and if so how were the reports from players

Ask the Madden men.  They swear by him.

The GAA

is there a topic you don't think you know better than everyone on by the way?

INDIANA

Quote from: The GAA on September 10, 2009, 07:29:49 PM

everybody knew. jesus chist.

that's like saying martin o'neill is interested in the england job.

its well known in s armagh that joe needed a county job - well known.

he had touted himself to several prominant club teams but they weren't will to come up with the money.
he has been looking for a county job since last year.

but you have all of the scoops....

Course they did that why my claim was half- assed gossip as you so eloquently put ;)

INDIANA

Quote from: The GAA on September 10, 2009, 07:30:54 PM

Not too au fait with theoretical physics but I'm working on it. Won't be posting much soon anyway so you can have the board to your hearts content soon :)

full back

Quote from: full back on September 10, 2009, 07:09:28 PM

Was it you that broke the story on Dyas coming back?

What about this exclusive you broke to us?

stew

I wouldnt take the gift of Grimlet at this stage, especially after hearing that Houlie has accepted the post with oisin as his number two.  ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Armamike

This story seems to be blown up out of proportion. Even if the selection committee have stood down, it doesn't mean Grimley will be in the picture again.

I'm one of those Armagh supporters who would have real concerns with Grimley being anywhere near the county job now or ever, after the events of the past couple of weeks. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: INDIANA on September 10, 2009, 09:54:43 AM
Grimley was given 24hrs by Monaghan to make a decision. Very persuasive ;). He decided not to take the risk of interview for the Armagh job, but the Armagh county board couldn't back out of the interview process they'd publicly announced even though he'd have got it had he went for it.
Interesting.

According to some well connected Ogs people, that's not what happened at all.  I am talking about people who would know the man well incidentally

Apparently PG gave the CB a deadline of 1pm for him to get papers saying the deal was signed, sealed and delivered on his terms, they told him they couldn't do that because they couldn't get everyone together to discuss as one person was on holidays.  At that point he told them that they had until 3pm to give him the papers, knowing he wouldn't get them that quickly and why. 

His reasoning was that he had to look after himself, understandable and all that.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

DuffleKing

Quote from: INDIANA on September 10, 2009, 07:32:14 PM
Quote from: The GAA on September 10, 2009, 07:30:54 PM

Not too au fait with theoretical physics but I'm working on it. Won't be posting much soon anyway so you can have the board to your hearts content soon :)

Thanks be te jaysus

armagh leg-end

Quote from: Apple Crumble on September 10, 2009, 07:30:19 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on September 10, 2009, 07:06:27 PM

Ask the Madden men.  They swear by him.

senior championship final in 1998!
Ard Mhacha Abu