Paul Grimley goes to Monaghan

Started by Carbery, September 02, 2009, 09:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Quote from: INDIANA on September 10, 2009, 09:54:43 AM
Grimley was given 24hrs by Monaghan to make a decision. Very persuasive ;). He decided not to take the risk of interview for the Armagh job, but the Armagh county board couldn't back out of the interview process they'd publicly announced even though he'd have got it had he went for it.

Quote from: orangeman on September 10, 2009, 09:58:21 AM
Sounds to me that there's only one person enjoying seeing Armagh CB tear each other apart. Himself.

It appears to me as well that he didn't want the Armagh job and is happy being number 2.

Grimley knows well that if really had wanted the Armagh job that it was his. Once bitten twice shy.

Here we go, the same two know it alls from the cork dispute are gonna keep us informed...

mountainboii

Quote from: The GAA on September 10, 2009, 10:53:24 AM

Grimley was given 24hrs by Monaghan to make a decision. Very persuasive ;). He decided not to take the risk of interview for the Armagh job, but the Armagh county board couldn't back out of the interview process they'd publicly announced even though he'd have got it had he went for it.

Sounds to me that there's only one person enjoying seeing Armagh CB tear each other apart. Himself.

It appears to me as well that he didn't want the Armagh job and is happy being number 2.

Grimley knows well that if really had wanted the Armagh job that it was his. Once bitten twice shy.

Here we go, the same two know it alls from the cork dispute are gonna keep us informed...

:D ;D

mountainboii

Grimley saga not over yet
Pressure from clubs could force county board climbdown over Orchard hotseat

By Brendan Crossan
10/09/2009

PAUL Grimley could yet be unveiled as the new manager of Armagh following a dramatic twist in the Orchard county.

Just last week, Grimley agreed to join the Monaghan coaching set-up after he failed to reach agreement with the Armagh County Board over the managerial vacancy in his native county.

However, moves are now afoot to see Grimley installed as Armagh's new manager, but not before some blood-letting in the county.

It is understood the selection committee, set up by the county board to find Peter McDonnell's successor, has dissolved itself in a blaze of controversy.

Respected ex-player and selection committee member, Paul McGrane, has already informed county officers that the five-man team has disbanded. It is believed McGrane and other members of the sub-committee felt frustrated with the process of finding a new manager and deemed their positions untenable.

As a result of the selection committee's shock decision, the county board is expected to come under pressure from clubs to appoint the people's favourite – Paul Grimley.

Grimley received overwhelming support from the clubs in the county and he remains a firm favourite with senior players. Like the vast majority of clubs, many senior players are believed to be disillusioned with the selection process.

Two years ago, Grimley applied for the Armagh job vacated by Joe Kernan – but missed out on the post in controversial circumstances.

Despite his bitter experiences of the 2007 selection process, Armagh's All-Ireland-winning assistant manager was prepared to apply for the position again.

However, several of his key requests upon taking the job could not be met and it was then the Pearse Og clubman decided to team up with Seamus McEnaney in Monaghan.

If a new way forward can be found in the Orchard county then it is almost certain Grimley will be installed as Armagh's new manager and that Seamus McEnaney's search for a new assistant will start all over again.

JOE Kernan was last night confirmed as the new Galway football manager, after his appointment was ratified by a meeting of county delegates.

The Crossmaglen clubman beat off competition from former Westmeath manager Tomas O'Flatharta to secure the post.

Kernan, who guided Armagh to their one and only All-Ireland success back in 2002, had previously ruled out a return to his old job.

He stepped down as manger of the Orchard county in 2007 following a defeat in the Qualifiers to Derry.

During his tenure with his native county, Armagh won the Sam Maguire, the National League and four Ulster titles, including three-in-a-row (2004-06).

Onion Bag

I heard he has already been offered the job!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

naka

as an aside has paul grimley ever managed a team, and if so how were the reports from players

under the bar

LOL if true the Armagh posters who claimed they'd never have any respect for him ever again etc. are in a bit of a quandry!  ;D

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Hank Everlast

Its not true anyways... all a load of balls

mackers

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 10, 2009, 03:42:56 PM
Name them UTB
Ignore him, everybody else does......... IF McGrane has walked away as suggested it does put the debate in a different light.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

INDIANA

You mean the one who said Joe Kernan was looking to manage other counties 2 months in advance of everyone else, and was told he was wrong by you- who then proved to be subsequently wrong ;D

naka

Quote from: Hank Everlast on September 10, 2009, 04:40:17 PM
Its not true anyways... all a load of balls
agreed, the irish news story is i believe a non unner

under the bar

QuoteLOL if true the Armagh posters who claimed they'd never have any respect for him ever again etc. are in a bit of a quandry!  ;D

Name them UTB

Their posts are contained within the first half dozen pages of this thread...provided they haven't been busy deleting them since this story broke!    :D

pintsofguinness

Quote from: under the bar on September 10, 2009, 03:31:04 PM
LOL if true the Armagh posters who claimed they'd never have any respect for him ever again etc. are in a bit of a quandry!  ;D
Not really, I'd have the same opinion of him.

I dont think there's anything to that story though, doesnt even make sense.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The GAA

Quote from: INDIANA on September 10, 2009, 04:44:57 PM

You mean the one who said Joe Kernan was looking to manage other counties 2 months in advance of everyone else, and was told he was wrong by you- who then proved to be subsequently wrong ;D

Only in your tiny little mind.

You better post up some quotes there or risk being proven embarrassingly wrong. again.

INDIANA

Check out page 29 of the armagh management thread my good friend.
You dismissed my claim that Joe wasn't interested  in other jobs as half- assed gossip!
Have a few other bits of news as regards Armagh football if you're interested