Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slow corner back

Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2007, 08:39:20 PM
My thoughts were confirmed today. After drawing with a poor Derry side, I thought Down were going to be a heap of dung. But Jaysus, they were worse than that. The conditions were terrible but I thought that would suit Down more than Antrim (although I never expected Antrim to lose). The way Down played today, you would have thought they pulled some of the lads off the street. They were so slow about everything they did. Most of them had little or no skill. Back to basics for the Ards men. I haven't seen them as bad in years, actually ever.
Have to agree with you there Hard I never thought I would see a down team with so little fight. They just were not up for it at all.

Ruairi Og exile

Folks the championship on BBC2....they are showing Hurling....no joke. Oh thats right the football was called off

PrivatePile

Just watching the championship,heard Sambo talking about the match. I didnt know gorillas could talk.......  ;)

Noname

Quote from: mightysaffrons on June 03, 2007, 04:53:29 PM
what ya's think of todays performance  lads? thought mc crory showed well in the first half!! young shields was poor enough!! mc keegan by far man of the match!! excellent as usual!

Have to disagree, Karl played well, but i thought McManus was outstanding.

Have to agree with the lads, i dont think i have ever seen Down as bad as they where today,  i also thought the day would have suited the Down backs against a lightweight Antrim Attack, but far from it, Antrim played some really good hurling considering the conditions, but against Clare etc will tell a different story.

Privatepile of ****, keeps them comments to yourself you idiot.

mightysaffrons

he kicked one of the down boys in an off the ball thing ref was right beside it!!

johnjoe

woody and Sambo, and players, well done on sunday, keep it going. Def sharper in every way, and wee Paddy mc neill has youse in good shape.

Would be interested to get a neutral opinion just on the fitness level of this year compared to last. To my eye we look a full notch quicker/slicker, tho more needed against Southern teams.

would have a fair amount of confidence that fitness will be all round better with wee Paddy, a real wee character.

culchy1

wee paddy is originally from rasharkin but lives in kilrea across the bann.

he took rasharkin senior footballers a couple of years ago, got to championship semi.

have to laugh because then he was totally against hurling and dual players!

he took the county footballers under mickey c.

sharp, sharp, sharp!!

they definitely did look sharp on sunday from 1 to 15.  he would have been concentrating on them lasting the distance, not like against london. finish strong.

thought the team played well as a whole, but was particularly impressed with brendy herron and big neil.
can you imagine what the down defenders were thinking when big paddy and mcfall were being brought on near the end, not bad subs to be bringing on!

imtommygunn

There were definitely aspects of Sunday where we looked a lot sharper. I thought movement of the ball was quicker and rather than getting bottled up players were looking to move the ball sharply.

We're still a good bit of southern teams this yearI would say. Soem of them young boys are sharp. McManus is definitely ready for senior hurling but Shields needs a few eggs first.

Down like Johnny cool says lack leaders. Johnston is a brute of a man but Mick McCambridge is a tidy full back and to be honest was never troubled. From 1 - 15 and subs antrim were well on top and to be honest it's the most convincing hammering I've seen antrim give Down. I thought Kettle,Campbell and McManus were particularly excellent.

It definitely looks to be the building blocks for a half decent team and if the club game is rectified it can only improve. Still a long way to go to compete with southern teams though. A win against Laois and a couple of respectable scorelines would be a big pluis.

PlayWithTheWind

what is the draw for the u21 hurling? who plays who? will all games be played with the senior footballers now playing this sunday?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

PlayWithTheWind

yeah, would have to agree with those predictions.

will st johsn v st galls be played? cant see st galls playing without young mcgourty!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Big Bob

Sean is the younger brother of Peat Burns

girt_giggler

tight enough game, thought cushendall just about deserved it in the end. remember seeing sean burns @ minor level, pretty good player, pace to burn. still under 21

Syd

Quote from: girt_giggler on June 06, 2007, 11:11:16 AM
tight enough game, thought cushendall just about deserved it in the end. remember seeing sean burns @ minor level, pretty good player, pace to burn. still under 21

Mmm........ promising underage Loughguile player, where have i heard that before???

Big Bob

Last time I seen Sean's brother, Peat, he was on Fire!

girt_giggler

making it onto the senior panel so must be doing something right so far