Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noname

Im surprised hes with the county this year at all..................i didnt think they where going to New York this year.    ;)

theskull1

Quote from: North Antrim on May 30, 2007, 11:02:27 AM
Skull, apologies made. I accept i didnt give seamus elliot the credit he derserves. He done a brilliant job over the last 15 years with underage coaching in the county - developing many successful venture as the Indoor Leagues, Clareway and opening up Hurling to many young people than ever before. He is himself a true legend in Hurling circles. The point i was trying to make, was seamus is now getting on in years and new fresh face with plenty of ehtusiasm as Humpy would be a great ambassador for coaching in Antrim.......Would you not agree??

No bother NA. I think hurling would be in a far worse state if it wasn't for Seamus, although I do agree with the main point about him working at the coal face of coaching. I think he should spend his time coaching coaches....something he does very well as the colonel has said.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

North Antrim

Im slightly worried about sundays game. Down have played 2 weeks on the bounce, have built up abit of momentum and then antrim pick a forward line with 4 lightweights - McCrory, Shields, Magil and mcManus to play against them in an Ulster Final. With all due respect could you imagine that forward line against Cork!!!! Add to that Tosh who is indeed a good player but more a loose ball player as opposed to a ball winnner, i feel we will lack a serious amount of championship bottle on Sunday. But on a positive side, at least the lads are training hard, good attendances at training, good spririt in the camp and that counts for alot. I feel it is an improvement from previous years.....suppose time will tell cos this is a results business......Pinky wasnt dropped, just not fit enough due to an old recurring Hamstring injury. He needs to get himself sorted out once and for all!

Feis Cup semi finals next week: Tuesday at McQuillans - Cushendall V Shamrocks
                                            Wednedsay @ Armoy - Carey v Ballycastle
with the finals that weekend 10th June.

Big game for both Town and shamrocks........either havent won the Feis in many a year......

North Antrim

Why do u refer to Johnny Campbell as "god"?????

North Antrim

Thats the first i have heard it ??? ???

I think Johnny is a good player. He is probably Loughguiles most consistent player the past 2 seasons and while i think McKeegan is a better centre back i wud stilhave him on the team either at corner or wing back.......

Colonel - wot do you think will be the outcome of feis semi finals and finals

Ruairi Og exile

NA- Think Ballycastle will beat Carey though will be tight enough, both teams should be well up for it as it's a local derby. The other semi is hard to call to call, could depend on what kind of teams both have out, probably we'll be missing more so maybe the bodies to go through   ;)

Good point about the Feis NA,just out of interest can anyone tell me when some-one apart from C'dall or Dunloy won the feis or when that was??

North Antrim

Cant remember myself....think we won it 13/14 years ago.....not sure about the shams. Think they will be well up for it. we SHOULD beat carey easily enugh i wud think although they will be up for it. Depends on Pinky and Hippy being fit. Hopefully get through and save them for the final...wud be a gud way to celebrate our Centenary ;D

Glensman

I heard a rumour it was £18...not sure exactly.
A bit steep but will still pay it.
If you go for the 3 games its almost monies worth.

Ruairi Og exile

Glensman, it's £17 or £18 if you go into the stand, but £12 if your going into the terrace which is fine considering there is 3 matches as you said. Too many people just hear £18 & thats them not interested & dont do any research.

On a brighter note fair play to the county & clubs for selling around 2000 saffron sweep tickets. Great work, so hopefully the money from it & the race day will be spent wisely

PlayWithTheWind

u21 hurling championship cumming up next week, who will win that?
when is there county u21 hurling?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

PlayWithTheWind

was there ever a u21 county panel named? i thin i read it in the irish news one day. have these boys ever trained? if so, i think it is terrible that sambo and woody just picked a group of boys they know, an didnt give other lads an opportunity to show themselves in trials.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Ruairi Og exile

Play with the wind, they trained a couple of times this years & last week they played the senior's in a friendly match.

Hardstation, dont think we are certs to win U21 this year, reckon it'll be tight & Loughgiel will be strong as usual

mightysaffrons

what ya's think of todays performance  lads? thought mc crory showed well in the first half!! young shields was poor enough!! mc keegan by far man of the match!! excellent as usual!

Ruairi Og exile

Well good win in what was really awful conditions, the rain in the first half was shocking. Some good performances from Antrim players, Karl & Brendan Herron in midfield, Mig mal at half back & McManus was good up front, scored 7 points from play & set up few other scores including McFall's goal & one of his points. But & A huge BUT Down were awful...really really poor but job well done for Antrim 2day. Reckon it'll be tighter on 30th June against Clare  :)

Syd

Down were also poor last week against Derry, its just Derry were worse. So i could always see a tanking for Down today. We will have a better idea of where we are at against Clare, are those fixtures/venues for qualifiers confirmed yet? The Ulster Championship is getting close to becoming obsolete.