Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearyMe

I sense sarcasm Steve!

If they had won by 1 or 2, it may have been luck - but come on 9 pionts isnt really luck.

Although from what i have seen of Rossa, Ballycastle must have been below their best alright.

Did they have anyone missing?
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

whiskeysteve

Quote from: DearyMe on May 19, 2011, 02:04:17 PM
I sense sarcasm Steve!

If they had won by 1 or 2, it may have been luck - but come on 9 pionts isnt really luck.

Although from what i have seen of Rossa, Ballycastle must have been below their best alright.

As i say there was a rip on in the Castle bar and then half the crowd moved on to the Anzac after for a lock in. Even then I hear rossa only took the game with the aid of a stiff breeze.

Ballycastle could do with joining the Faughs, they are too busy harkening back to the glory days of the 80s and outdated training methods. Running up Knocklayde with weights tied to the ankles is not condusive to the physical demands of the modern game. IMO they should look no further than their neighbours in Carey who are leading the way in professional era preparation, sources tell me part of their pre season involved the use of the Nintendo Wii Fit console to aid the development of hand-eye coordination. Its this kind of innovation and 'thinking outside the box' that will see teams succeed over the coming seasons
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

BlackandAmber

HAHAHAHA

Thanks Steve.  That's the best laugh I've had in 10 years.

I think you need to lay off that whiskey.

Onthehill

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 19, 2011, 01:16:15 PM
Quote from: DearyMe on May 19, 2011, 12:56:38 PM
So you wouldnt give Rossa any credit then Steve?

See they beat gorts there last night aswell, perhaps improving with games.

No, I think Ballycastle need to amalgamate with Carey to be a force again

Pure luck Rossa won by such a margin all the same

LOL if it wasnt for your username...i'd take you serious.

the colonel

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 19, 2011, 06:27:02 AM
Quote from: the colonel on May 18, 2011, 11:31:38 PM
I don't think any of my posts were pathetic. Just stating that to date, for all his 'talent', his career hasn't been that fruitful. Ask DD, Johnny Campbell etc are they happy with just one medal over the last decade. And here's hope they finish with just that one  ;)
I reckon they'll be finishing with more than just one.

But would those boys be happy with just the one over the last number of years (whether they finish with one or 5)
the difference between success and failure is energy

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: the colonel on May 19, 2011, 03:31:23 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 19, 2011, 06:27:02 AM
Quote from: the colonel on May 18, 2011, 11:31:38 PM
I don't think any of my posts were pathetic. Just stating that to date, for all his 'talent', his career hasn't been that fruitful. Ask DD, Johnny Campbell etc are they happy with just one medal over the last decade. And here's hope they finish with just that one  ;)
I reckon they'll be finishing with more than just one.

But would those boys be happy with just the one over the last number of years (whether they finish with one or 5)
Of course not. Were Dunloy happy for 80 years or the Dall for 70?

A lot of players within Loughgiel have a lot to answer for for the past 20 years or so, not just winker. I mean, we were relegated ffs! long before Liam was around.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

I sense sarcasm Steve!

Did you watch Rossa against St Galls Dearyme?  Thought that was their worst ever performance, and against a weakened and young Galls team.

But to their credit they have upped their game and beaten the two teams at the top, Ballycastle and Gorts.

I think we only need to win a couple of games to be safe from dropping down to Div 3. Two teams get the boot this year so it will be tight at the bottom.

Think Glenarm and A N other will be relegated, hope its not us
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DearyMe

No Miltown, heard good reports about that match, although a few names playing for Galls i have never heard of to be honest.
Was up at Lamhs for their first game, Rossa didnt impress me then. But to be fair to Lamhs, they always looked the better team.
Disappointed they didnt win on Monday.
Think Carey will struggle to get points away from home!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

pullhard

Will the injured lads make it back for wexford game? Is neals red card going to be appealed? will winker return to the fold?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 19, 2011, 02:28:06 PM
I sense sarcasm Steve!

As i say there was a rip on in the Castle bar and then half the crowd moved on to the Anzac after for a lock in. Even then I hear rossa only took the game with the aid of a stiff breeze.

Ballycastle could do with joining the Faughs, they are too busy harkening back to the glory days of the 80s and outdated training methods. Running up Knocklayde with weights tied to the ankles is not condusive to the physical demands of the modern game. IMO they should look no further than their neighbours in Carey who are leading the way in professional era preparation, sources tell me part of their pre season involved the use of the Nintendo Wii Fit console to aid the development of hand-eye coordination. Its this kind of innovation and 'thinking outside the box' that will see teams succeed over the coming seasons
Not getting pissed the night before a match would be more successful than ballsing about on a Nintendo Wii, but then again heavy drinking has been part of the town's training regime since the 80s too.

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 19, 2011, 06:38:11 PM
A lot of players within Loughgiel have a lot to answer for for the past 20 years or so, not just winker. I mean, we were relegated ffs! long before Liam was around.

There is always many many potential reasons why lean spells develop. To isolate the players only for "the blame" is a fairly ugly statement to make. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pdiddy

Quote from: theskull1 on May 20, 2011, 11:14:46 AM

There is always many many potential reasons why lean spells develop. To isolate the players only for "the blame" is a fairly ugly statement to make.

I'd tend to agree with you Skull.  As one of those players of the last 20 years I'd have to accept part responsibility for those lean years but we (the players) shouldn't take all the blame.  A clubs success and failure is shared amongst all its members and not just the boys on the pitch.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Milltown Row2

Dearyme, so you arent a Rossa man have watched  Lamhs, and wanted us beat the other night!! Hmmmm if your best player had have stuck over the last free then.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Indeed it is, but is it fair to single out one player for special attention as is happening to Winker on this board? It's more than his fault, indeed, i don't think it's anything to do with him that those other players mentioned in previous posts haven't got more medals. That is my point.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: pdiddy on May 20, 2011, 01:50:52 PM

I'd tend to agree with you Skull.  As one of those players of the last 20 years I'd have to accept part responsibility for those lean years but we (the players) shouldn't take all the blame.  A clubs success and failure is shared amongst all its members and not just the boys on the pitch.
No one was blaming just the players. What I said was "A lot of players within loughgiel have a lot to answer for". I am one of them. A statement of fact really.

What's more important is that PJ seems to have brought a freshness to the club as a whole. Not before time!