Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Come on Seamroga get real, we all have shit to deal with. Yes he was something else against Cork last year, an incredible performance but which buttons need to be pressed for him to deliver like that, must be like the holy grail for Dinny and PJ both.
Not a leader and won't be led is the nub of it for me.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Last Man on May 17, 2011, 09:51:58 PM
Come on Seamroga get real, we all have shit to deal with. Yes he was something else against Cork last year, an incredible performance but which buttons need to be pressed for him to deliver like that, must be like the holy grail for Dinny and PJ both.
Yes, we all do, to a certain level. Some people have a lot more "shit" to deal with though. I'm not going to go into personal details here but suffice to say he's had it tough enough.

He has felt nothing but pressure since he began getting noticed about 15 or so years ago. I blame our own supporters (shamrocks) for the vast majority of it. The fella can't go for a night out  elsewhere either but some p***k is at him about something he has allegedly said about their club or one of their players. You see it all over this board and others as well. Mainly by people who've never said two words to him. I just wonder what you would think if he was one of your clubs' players.

And don't forget he's been playing injured since the Dunloy semi final last year. I don't blame him for sitting out a while.

Btw, how many great players of any sport do you know that have been easy led?  The ones that have stood out have mainly been mavericks.

The truth of the matter is any of the clubs in Antrim would love winker as one of their own. And the more rubbish I see spouted on forums like this the more I believe it.

All this and he was still Ulster hurler of the year.   ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Last Man

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 17, 2011, 10:24:11 PM
Yes, we all do, to a certain level. Some people have a lot more "shit" to deal with though. I'm not going to go into personal details here but suffice to say he's had it tough enough.

He has felt nothing but pressure since he began getting noticed about 15 or so years ago. I blame our own supporters (shamrocks) for the vast majority of it. The fella can't go for a night out  elsewhere either but some p***k is at him about something he has allegedly said about their club or one of their players. You see it all over this board and others as well. Mainly by people who've never said two words to him. I just wonder what you would think if he was one of your clubs' players.

And don't forget he's been playing injured since the Dunloy semi final last year. I don't blame him for sitting out a while.

Btw, how many great players of any sport do you know that have been easy led?  The ones that have stood out have mainly been mavericks.

The truth of the matter is any of the clubs in Antrim would love winker as one of their own. And the more rubbish I see spouted on forums like this the more I believe it.

No fella I don't buy that one. One mans does not make a team, it's the squad, the management team,families and supporters etc,etc and for it to work and be successful,everyone has to fit or align themselves with the group. How does a fella who can win you  a game but equally could cost you a game fit into that system.It's an awful shame but he's not alone as 2 of the McGourtys would be in that boat as well. Always hoped he would mature out of it, time yet I suppose.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Last Man on May 18, 2011, 08:46:21 AM

No fella I don't buy that one. One mans does not make a team, it's the squad, the management team,families and supporters etc,etc and for it to work and be successful,everyone has to fit or align themselves with the group. How does a fella who can win you  a game but equally could cost you a game fit into that system.It's an awful shame but he's not alone as 2 of the McGourtys would be in that boat as well. Always hoped he would mature out of it, time yet I suppose.
It was pretty successful last season.   ;)

the colonel

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 18, 2011, 05:49:08 PM

One swallow doesn't make a summer
the difference between success and failure is energy

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: the colonel on May 18, 2011, 06:28:51 PM

No, but one point does win a championship.

the colonel

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 18, 2011, 08:08:20 PM

one championship doesn't make a career

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: the colonel on May 18, 2011, 09:11:01 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 18, 2011, 08:08:20 PM

one championship doesn't make a career
There's plenty of time for plenty more.

And they all come out from under the begrudgery bush from whence they dwell.

It's pretty pathetic really.

the colonel

I don't think any of my posts were pathetic. Just stating that to date, for all his 'talent', his career hasn't been that fruitful. Ask DD, Johnny Campbell etc are they happy with just one medal over the last decade. And here's hope they finish with just that one  ;)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: the colonel on May 18, 2011, 11:31:38 PM
I don't think any of my posts were pathetic. Just stating that to date, for all his 'talent', his career hasn't been that fruitful. Ask DD, Johnny Campbell etc are they happy with just one medal over the last decade. And here's hope they finish with just that one  ;)
I reckon they'll be finishing with more than just one.

Last Man

I wouldn't begrudge them to those fellas.

DearyMe

What happened to Ballycastle on Sunday anyone?

Bit of a hefty defeat.
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

whiskeysteve

Quote from: DearyMe on May 19, 2011, 12:35:35 PM
What happened to Ballycastle on Sunday anyone?

Bit of a hefty defeat.

I hear the entire panel was out winged in the Castle Bar the night before
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

DearyMe

So you wouldnt give Rossa any credit then Steve?

See they beat gorts there last night aswell, perhaps improving with games.
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

whiskeysteve

Quote from: DearyMe on May 19, 2011, 12:56:38 PM
So you wouldnt give Rossa any credit then Steve?

See they beat gorts there last night aswell, perhaps improving with games.

No, I think Ballycastle need to amalgamate with Carey to be a force again

Pure luck Rossa won by such a margin all the same
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w