Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

múinteoirmór

Quote from: 4father on March 06, 2011, 07:58:49 PM
Quote from: múinteoirmór on March 06, 2011, 07:27:59 PM
Well, another Moaner with the Moaners then! I think being a drinker, is a prerequisite to play for the Moaners!

A bit rich coming from a Rossa man :-) Why do you need to be so harsh on other teams/players/gaels?
Well, you are entitled to your opinion.  As am I !!!!!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

ManInBlackandGreen

You have a serious problem, you really do muinteoiror, looking at yesterdays results Elliott was doing the All Ire Camogie final senior, and Duffy was in Mullingar doing Clare v westmeath? So whats your point, Matthews was in Clones. Why are you having a pop at Referees, Kelly was very poor at the Dublin game I grant you that, Lyons is just a new kid on the block, but hes from Cork he must be good! And your having a pop at Ulster Refs, the southern lads are a just as poor, you should be an assessor, why not!

saffron sam2

Sean Hawes apparently off up to Hannahstown, having been rejected by both Naomh Gall and Rossa and warned off the Johnnies and Gort na Mona.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

múinteoirmór

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on March 07, 2011, 08:18:36 PM
You have a serious problem, you really do muinteoiror, looking at yesterdays results Elliott was doing the All Ire Camogie final senior, and Duffy was in Mullingar doing Clare v westmeath? So whats your point, Matthews was in Clones. Why are you having a pop at Referees, Kelly was very poor at the Dublin game I grant you that, Lyons is just a new kid on the block, but hes from Cork he must be good! And your having a pop at Ulster Refs, the southern lads are a just as poor, you should be an assessor, why not!
So your analysis is, if he is from Cork, he must be good!  And if he is from Antrim, he is not? What does that say about our refs up here!  He (Lyons) is the new kid on the block and is already doing higher profile games!  It does not augur well for the likes of our fellas up here.  I really think our refs up here should all go on 'strike' or just 'chuck' it!!!!! It would seem to be the right thing to do!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

múinteoirmór

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 07, 2011, 08:50:45 PM
Sean Hawes apparently off up to Hannahstown, having been rejected by both Naomh Gall and Rossa and warned off the Johnnies and Gort na Mona.

Ya see, I can't be all that wrong, the 'Johns' and and the 'Moaner's'. Did I not warn you all!

Milltown Row2

Who rejected him from Naomh Gall??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron sam2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2011, 09:01:27 PM

Happened on your watch apparently. I read about it here.

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 23, 2009, 09:38:51 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 23, 2009, 08:25:43 PM
I think the first thing a player considers when chosing a club is his own ability. no point joining st galls if you're not going to get on. How many clubs has gallagher played for before joining them just out of interest? I can see where winsam is coming from regarding club loyalty.

Didn't stop some, Mr Kane being one example.

what about st brigid's, there's bound to be a few backhanders went on to get them to where they are now

Don't think there are any back handers involved with any clubs now. More of a north Armagh thing I always thought.

In Belfast, outsiders will be attracted to Belfast clubs for a number of reasons:

1. How their ability matches the club's ability. Whereas St. John's (in the distant past) and St.Paul's (in the more recent past) would have had quite a few higher profile players, it is now St. Gall's turn. Likewise clubs like Rossa, Lamh Dhearg and St Agnes, who are at various lower stages of the food chain will still get their share of smaller fish. Not that I'm calling big Ronan fat.

2. Friends  / work mates already involved with a particular club.

3. Desire to play at a higher level. This is particularly true of the likes of the Drake brothers, McCrossan etc. who transferred from junior clubs to a senior club.

4. But definitely not, and I'm being serious here, financial inducements.

Luckily milltown row's hurlers are above reproach here. Aren't they? They even turned down a former Clare panellist who offered his services, although something about Eire Og is nagging away at me.

I think the St Gall's and Rossa approaches happened on the same day in the same west Belfast school. Allegedly. I even pointed him in your club's direction first that fateful day. Allegedly.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Milltown Row2

Can't expect him not to play? Karl mentioned to me last week and made an approach but not sure how that panned out. Obviously the lure of the Dheargers was too much. We don't have a keeper and they do (young Herron i think) But sure.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

Anyone know the dates for the league fixtures - all divisions?

A request for them to be put up on the county website wasn't even accepted to the guestbook!

Don't mind about the actual fixtures, just the dates (though if you have fixtures that would be great).

Last Man

Still work in progress apparently.

aontroim

Football fixtures have definitely been released - don't think hurling leagues start until early April but should get them soon hopefully.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 07, 2011, 09:26:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2011, 09:01:27 PM

Happened on your watch apparently. I read about it here.

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 23, 2009, 09:38:51 PM
I think the first thing a player considers when chosing a club is his own ability. no point joining st galls if you're not going to get on. How many clubs has gallagher played for before joining them just out of interest? I can see where winsam is coming from regarding club loyalty.

Didn't stop some, Mr Kane being one example.

what about st brigid's, there's bound to be a few backhanders went on to get them to where they are now

Don't think there are any back handers involved with any clubs now. More of a north Armagh thing I always thought.

In Belfast, outsiders will be attracted to Belfast clubs for a number of reasons:

1. How their ability matches the club's ability. Whereas St. John's (in the distant past) and St.Paul's (in the more recent past) would have had quite a few higher profile players, it is now St. Gall's turn. Likewise clubs like Rossa, Lamh Dhearg and St Agnes, who are at various lower stages of the food chain will still get their share of smaller fish. Not that I'm calling big Ronan fat.

2. Friends  / work mates already involved with a particular club.

3. Desire to play at a higher level. This is particularly true of the likes of the Drake brothers, McCrossan etc. who transferred from junior clubs to a senior club.

4. But definitely not, and I'm being serious here, financial inducements.

Luckily milltown row's hurlers are above reproach here. Aren't they? They even turned down a former Clare panellist who offered his services, although something about Eire Og is nagging away at me.

I think the St Gall's and Rossa approaches happened on the same day in the same west Belfast school. Allegedly. I even pointed him in your club's direction first that fateful day. Allegedly.
Maybe he was going to outshine a few at Noamh (McGourty)Gall.  Now that would just not do!  Just think of the recriminations!"

múinteoirmór

I see on the county website, they are looking for Referee Assessors, so as to improve the standard of Refereeing/Referees!!!!!  I hope they start with some of the incumbent referees in this regard!!   Move over boys, time for some new blood it seems. Anyone putting their name down????::)

imtommygunn

Quote from: múinteoirmór on March 08, 2011, 08:45:55 PM
I see on the county website, they are looking for Referee Assessors, so as to improve the standard of Refereeing/Referees!!!!!  I hope they start with some of the incumbent referees in this regard!!   Move over boys, time for some new blood it seems. Anyone putting their name down????::)
Maybe you should?

4father

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 08, 2011, 09:36:19 PM
Quote from: múinteoirmór on March 08, 2011, 08:45:55 PM
Maybe you should?

Yea maybe you should.  You've got the first characteristic - arrogance and up your own hole