Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the colonel

Quote from: theskull1 on February 02, 2011, 03:47:00 PM
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...chances are its a duck  :)

nutters

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on February 02, 2011, 08:51:00 PM
Anyone at home know how Loughiel's preparations are going for the semifinal? Have they many challenge games under their belt? what a bout injuries etc.. Are Shamrocks a decent enough out fit? Will they represent Antrim well?

Did St Johns not beat them?
the difference between success and failure is energy

tom moore83

pdiddy

Yeh, preparations not going well at all.  Getting beat in almost every challange match and a few injuries to boot.  Can't understand why anyone would back a team at 30/1 in a 4 horse race  ;)
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

the colonel

Johnnies stuffed lgiel??

JamesH

Rumour has it that the shamrocks are training hard as you would expect, although as of last Tuesday the prodigal son still hasn't turned up to train, i can't see him starting. The rest of the lads are not best pleased although i see he's playing away for DC, the lure of the mighty dollar.

tom moore83

the prodigal son has left the panel at the players request. Loughgiel have been beaten in all their challenge games and have picked up 3-4 injuries. All in all i would say preparations good aparat from that. Would say we have an outside chance say 33/1

theskull1

Youse will be a better team without him
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: JamesH on February 03, 2011, 11:12:24 AM
Rumour has it that the shamrocks are training hard as you would expect, although as of last Tuesday the prodigal son still hasn't turned up to train, i can't see him starting. The rest of the lads are not best pleased although i see he's playing away for DC, the lure of the mighty dollar.

You'd have to hope that Babs isn't over training them and is easing off this week to allow the legs to recover and get a bit of freshness in them!

nrico2006

Anyone know the complete line ups for the divisions this year and when is the leagues starting?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

the colonel

Quote from: tom moore83 on February 03, 2011, 12:54:12 PM
the prodigal son has left the panel at the players request. Loughgiel have been beaten in all their challenge games and have picked up 3-4 injuries. All in all i would say preparations good aparat from that. Would say we have an outside chance say 33/1

What are the chances of a return and him appearing off the bench after 10 minutes?

JamesH

TM83 i don't believe that, i Will as like most hurling people expect to see him line out on the 19th . You believe and rightly so that you won't win without him , i believe it won't matter anyway. If your club had tried to sort him out years ago imagine the player he could be now. But your there now so there's nothing to lose.

múinteoirmór

Ah Lads, don tell me LW is not training or playing on the Shamrocks team, that is a major loss for them, if that is this case?  To say the team would be better of without him, I am not sure about that at all!  Sure the lad would grace any good club/county team in the country on his day.  A real pity! Stunned!  Lets be honest, what team in the country would not want a lad of that calibre and abilty on their team?  A terrible, terrible waste!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

the colonel

Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 03, 2011, 04:12:21 PM
Ah Lads, don tell me LW is not training or playing on the Shamrocks team, that is a major loss for them, if that is this case?  To say the team would be better of without him, I am not sure about that at all!  Sure the lad would grace any good club/county team in the country on his day.  A real pity! Stunned!  Lets be honest, what team in the country would not want a lad of that calibre and abilty on their team?  A terrible, terrible waste!

The calibre appears too often, its the other things that in the way. What other club/county would let him get away with what he has done for years.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: the colonel on February 03, 2011, 04:20:18 PM
Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 03, 2011, 04:12:21 PM

The calibre appears too often, its the other things that in the way. What other club/county would let him get away with what he has done for years.
I concur Colonel, with respect, but what a waste.  It must be difficult for the other lads, no question about that, but I am sure, all things being equal, they would want him on the staring line upon the 19th Feb and hopefully the 17th March!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

JamesH

Colonel if he was on the Kalibre it would suit him better, (we plug for our first sponsors)