Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: pdiddy on February 01, 2011, 01:39:09 PM
Quote from: múinteoirmór on January 31, 2011, 07:51:25 PM
Getting down to the more serious stuff.  Who do Loughgiel play in the All Ireland series?  Has this been confirmed yet?  I would be eager to pencil this into my diary so that I can go down and give the boys a cheer.  They have real pedigree those lads.

19.02.11 (Sat)
Semi Final   Clarinbridge V De La Salle Time: TBC, Venue: TBC

Semi Final   O`Loughlin Gaels V Loch gCaol Seamroga  Time: TBC, Venue: TBC

I'd suspect it'll either be in Parnell park or Mullingar.

theskull1

I thought it might have been in casement...would bring back AI memories of yore  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pdiddy

Quote from: theskull1 on February 01, 2011, 02:07:21 PM
I thought it might have been in casement...would bring back AI memories of yore  ;)

That old chestnut, but then the old one's are the best, eh skull. 
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

múinteoirmór

Quote from: hardstation on February 01, 2011, 11:50:08 AM
I'm not sure about the Johnnies dropping to Intermediate. Having seen them hammer the Antrim teams, I thought they'd have been better buying a trophy if they wanted one that much. I then watched them be hurled off the park in the Ulster final. Only for Carrickmore's missed chances, they could have been beaten by 12.

Well said Hardstaion, I could not agree more.  They nearly came a cropper against Carrickmore, and just imagine it, a Tyrone Hurling team beating the Johns.  Would you belive it?
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

múinteoirmór

Quote from: groundlie on February 01, 2011, 12:19:31 PM
Im not speaking about intermed here. I personally didnt agree with dropping to that level, didnt gain anything from it. Im speaking about Division 1.

All that glitters, is not silver Groundlie. We would have lent you a cup if the Johns really wanted one that bad!!!!!!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

múinteoirmór

Quote from: groundlie on February 01, 2011, 11:37:14 AM
Quote from: múinteoirmór on January 31, 2011, 02:19:20 PM
Thats right Groundlie, we are playing in the Division we are capable of playing in, not getting beyond ourselves.  I dont see what you are so upset about.  I made a predcition, I was right.  Sour grapes maybe????  ;)

And of course, you will be playing Senior Championship next year, a bit out of your depth/division dont you think?  Tut, tutt, tutt!!!  ::)

We know at what level we can punch our weight.

Just to be frank here, I have no love for the Johns (as a true O'Donavan Rossa man) and I am sure the feeling is mutual!  Note I call the Johnnies "the John's" as I dont think there is anything Saintly about them!  With respect, I have my reasons for that which I will not go into here.

Not getting beyond ourselves? Sounds like sour grapes from you múinteoirmór. So are you trying to say if you had won division 2 like 'the johns' did you would have stayed in division 2 as you wouldn't want to get beyond yourselves? Sounds like a complete lack of ambition from Rossa which to me has been clearly evident as you haven't managed to even get close to promotion in the 4 years you have been in that division. Also 'the johns' won division 2 comprehensively so if you ask me you can't even punch your weight at division 2.

Yeah, because I believe our current hurling status, only merits playing in Div 2.  I dont see anything wrong with that.  Like the Johns, we are going through a rebuilding process and it 's worth remembering, there is not a great wealth of hurling talent in the city at present.  Especially at Senior Level.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: pdiddy on February 01, 2011, 01:39:09 PM
Quote from: múinteoirmór on January 31, 2011, 07:51:25 PM
Getting down to the more serious stuff.  Who do Loughgiel play in the All Ireland series?  Has this been confirmed yet?  I would be eager to pencil this into my diary so that I can go down and give the boys a cheer.  They have real pedigree those lads.

19.02.11 (Sat)
Semi Final   Clarinbridge V De La Salle Time: TBC, Venue: TBC

Semi Final   O`Loughlin Gaels V Loch gCaol Seamroga  Time: TBC, Venue: TBC

Thanks for that Pdiddy!  I certainly think Loughgiel have a great chance.  I was not overly impressed by O'Loughlin Gaels last sunday.  They look quite ordinary, if the truth be told.  I would love to see the Shamrocks flourish and go all the way.  That would be a great achievement for them, to win the championship again.  The best of luck to them lads.  I certainly feel if they can draw Brian Hogan out of the full back position and play the ball in behind him fast, they can score at will.

S Áine

Cork hurling goalkeeper Donal Og Cusack will be visiting Cumann Naomh Gall on Thursday 3rd and Fri 4th Feb. At 8.00pm on the Thursday he will be promoting his book and facilitating a question and answer session in the club rooms. On the Friday he will take local under 14 and 16 players for a two hour master class at 12.00pm.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: S Áine on February 01, 2011, 07:07:06 PM
Cork hurling goalkeeper Donal Og Cusack will be visiting Cumann Naomh Gall on Thursday 3rd and Fri 4th Feb. At 8.00pm on the Thursday he will be promoting his book and facilitating a question and answer session in the club rooms. On the Friday he will take local under 14 and 16 players for a two hour master class at 12.00pm.

Send him up to the 'John's' afterwards.  They could do with a good keeper!  ;D

múinteoirmór

Saturday 19.02.2011

AIB GAA Hurling All Ireland Senior Club Championship Semi-Finals

Parnell PK 2.00pm O'Loughlin Gaels v Loughgiel Shamrocks
Referee: TBC
(E.T. if Necessary)

What price Loughgiel for the entire championship, anyone?

Minder

Loughgeil 14/1 with PP.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

múinteoirmór

Quote from: groundlie on February 02, 2011, 11:52:17 AM
Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 01, 2011, 07:28:47 PM
Quote from: S Áine on February 01, 2011, 07:07:06 PM

Send him up to the 'John's' afterwards.  They could do with a good keeper!  ;D

Might I just add that Rossa conceded 5 goals against us in the league, but aye múinteoirmór we could do with the good keeper, idiot.

You are getting very personal laddy. I think you should really lighten up a little! But sure the Johns are a Div 1. team and Antrim & Ulster 'INTERMEDIATE' Champions.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Minder on February 01, 2011, 08:45:48 PM
Loughgeil 14/1 with PP.

Many thanks Minder.  I think I will have a little piece of that!  I hear some of the Loughgiels lads got them at 30/1.

theskull1

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...chances are its a duck  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Baile an tuaigh

Anyone at home know how Loughiel's preparations are going for the semifinal? Have they many challenge games under their belt? what a bout injuries etc.. Are Shamrocks a decent enough out fit? Will they represent Antrim well?