Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Tongue Firmly in cheek!

Lecale2

Quote from: davincicode on May 11, 2007, 08:52:26 AM

I don,t believe it myself, just mud slinging i would say. Keep it up Ray they are F O Sh**!
If you don't believe it why repeat it? RM is one of the best refs in Ulster so do us all a favour and delete your post.

maxpower

just hold on a wee minute insider and read what i said.  there are rumours that young mc manus is being encouraged to delay the op to help antrim, all i have said is this doesn't look good for the men in charge especially when combined with the number of walk outs from experienced men.

don't think there has been much crap said in these statements.  or should we as antrim supporters just blindly follow the faith questioning nothing.
What happens next????

Tony Baloney

That was some performance today! Everyone was saying before the match that games like this tell us nothing but in fact it told us a lot, for starters Karl Stewart should have stayed in bed and DD Quinn must have a voodoo doll! Antrim were brutal in the second half!

Syd

Anyone any views on todays game against London? I thought Ryan Mc Garry was poor in goals and Micky Monty was a bit shaky in front of him, London were desperate though. They had a Number 14 who caused us a fair bit of bother though. I know you can only beat what is put in front of you but there will be some dark days in the qualifiers i think. And who is trying to tell me the fella Duffin that came on is intercounty standard?

Tony Baloney

Antrim will be in big trouble later in the year if the are shipping 3 goals against the likes of London.

NAG

Have to say Antrim lived up to my expectations yesterday, the young ones struggled even against an absolutely rubbish london team. Im think it is going to be a very tough summer, no one can tell me we are a better now than we were this time last year?

milltown row

antrim done a fair enough job in the first half but the second half was embarrassing to say the least. a tenner in to watch the dullest match ever, the game that got the biggest response from the crowd was the school games on at half time. maybe these kids coming through will give us some hope.

terminal decline :-[

Syd

Milltown maybe you can clear this up. There is a post on Hoganstand saying Karl Stewart "refuses" to play club hurling for St Galls, any truth in it?

milltown row

Yes Karl has only played one Ulster hurling league game and a few challenge games at the start of the year, a fall out within the club has resulted in Karl considering playing for the current management. Hopefully will be resolved soon.

This sort of thing happens in all clubs. I'd say that after watching the game on Sunday that Karl could have had a better game but he was not the worst player on show and they have been playing for their clubs.

Syd

Quote from: milltown row on May 14, 2007, 02:07:12 PM
Yes Karl has only played one Ulster hurling league game and a few challenge games at the start of the year, a fall out within the club has resulted in Karl considering playing for the current management. Hopefully will be resolved soon.

This sort of thing happens in all clubs. I'd say that after watching the game on Sunday that Karl could have had a better game but he was not the worst player on show and they have been playing for their clubs.

Hopefully will not be resolved before Wednesday, we play youse !

youngfella

could someone at yesterdays game give players ratings?
Pull hard and early

imtommygunn

How did the younger boys do - Shields and McAuley?

Is Kettle looking any good?

Syd

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 14, 2007, 03:12:15 PM
How did the younger boys do - Shields and McAuley?

Is Kettle looking any good?

Kettle was ok, didnt have much to do. Shields was pretty anonymous it has to be said, against poor opposition too.

milltown row

i take it it was just a cut for tosh, he'll be playing this wed?

it will be nip and tuck this wed against yourselves Syd, our lads are playing a under21 final this friday so we might be missing some will find out tonight. might get another run out 8)