Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the colonel

Every club has element of their support that they are not proud of, and I include ourselves in that. Emotions get high in championship games and things come out. I've heard it from all clubs so no point getting into a blame game
the difference between success and failure is energy

thehurler

It is a disease brought from soccer and clubs most guilty of it tend to be full of soccer supporters paricularly the ones that follow the famous poppy wearing club Glasgow Celtic.
A policy of zero tolerance needs to be in place and believe it or not ex hurlers themselves who follow that soccer club can be disgusting too.
Club Commitees need to make examples of these people even during meaningless games to make the point we are gaels not soccer heads and are different and have a family positive culture in our games.

nrico2006

Quote from: thehurler on September 02, 2010, 11:18:00 AM
It is a disease brought from soccer and clubs most guilty of it tend to be full of soccer supporters paricularly the ones that follow the famous poppy wearing club Glasgow Celtic.
A policy of zero tolerance needs to be in place and believe it or not ex hurlers themselves who follow that soccer club can be disgusting too.
Club Commitees need to make examples of these people even during meaningless games to make the point we are gaels not soccer heads and are different and have a family positive culture in our games.

This kind of view on how the clubs that are most guilty are the ones that are full of soccer fans is ironic, as the majority of members in every GAA club in Ireland follow 'soccer' and the same members would all support a team aswell.  I don't think this is something that has only happened over the past few years either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

pdiddy

Quote from: theskull1 on September 02, 2010, 09:42:13 AM
" i was standing beside a women from [INSERT YOUR RIVAL CLUB] last sunday and she had neither honour or style. Her language towards the [INSERT YOUR CLUB] management was atrocious. In a sport where i am proud to see that all spectators can mix together this was a disgrace. The woman should be banned for life.

All you handwringers out there should take a copy of this to save you typing in future.  >:(

As we all should know, up and down the land there are individuals who purport to "support" a team from where they live but you wouldn't see them attend anything other than a championship semi or final and show themselves and their parishes up for their own inadequacies as human beings. Only real diddies don't look closer to home before coming out with shite like that

I was merely stating a fact - and not shite as you like to put it.   I agree that every club has this element, Dunloy are no worse or better than any club.

But what are we/clubs supposed to do about it?  Start banning these thugs from games (difficult to police I know) or bury or heads in the sand and pretend its not a problem because every club has them?
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

pdiddy

Quote from: NAG1 on September 02, 2010, 08:26:10 AM
'Loughgiel' management, do you not mean Babs one mercenary from st pausl and another from Lavey?  :D

Oh and PS
Does this final now put our esteemed county manager in a quandary?

No, I mean Loughgiel Management.  What's your point?  :-\

Why does it put Dinny Cahill in a quandry?  ???
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

the colonel

Quote from: pdiddy on September 02, 2010, 01:35:19 PM
'Loughgiel' management, do you not mean Babs one mercenary from st pausl and another from Lavey?  :D

Oh and PS

Dinny has been taking sessions with alot of club teams recently. There was no worry about quandries when he was also taking sessions for ballycastle so shouldnt be now
the difference between success and failure is energy

theskull1

Quote from: pdiddy on September 02, 2010, 01:30:07 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 02, 2010, 09:42:13 AM
" i was standing beside a women from [INSERT YOUR RIVAL CLUB] last sunday and she had neither honour or style. Her language towards the [INSERT YOUR CLUB] management was atrocious. In a sport where i am proud to see that all spectators can mix together this was a disgrace. The woman should be banned for life.

All you handwringers out there should take a copy of this to save you typing in future.  >:(

As we all should know, up and down the land there are individuals who purport to "support" a team from where they live but you wouldn't see them attend anything other than a championship semi or final and show themselves and their parishes up for their own inadequacies as human beings. Only real diddies don't look closer to home before coming out with shite like that

I was merely stating a fact - and not shite as you like to put it.   I agree that every club has this element, Dunloy are no worse or better than any club.

But what are we/clubs supposed to do about it?  Start banning these thugs from games (difficult to police I know) or bury or heads in the sand and pretend its not a problem because every club has them?

Comments (see bold text) you should have made in your original post if you didn't want it to look pointed (which it was). You've rounded those comments now in the last post so I'm happy enough with that. I like you have no real practical ideas as to how you deal with supporters who cross the line.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pdiddy

Onthehill

Hasnt been much talk about your man talking up missing the final with the 'bad knee'. The man thrives on publicity.

I laughed my pan off when he said he went for a scan on Monday. There must be a new scanning unit out the back of O Connor's.LOL. Never left it since after the match on Sunday I hear.

I'm sure the conversation with Marty Tabb was good...slured I would think. Wonder what the DC gaffer thought about that. Hurt playing another sport under contract and airlocked at the same time. LOL

Just Puck It

Seen that myself OTH.  Was at the fair Monday and Tuesday and both times seen himself outside O'Connor's like a washing machine.  He'd the presence of Shane McNaughton on the Monday too! Wonder will they both be as friendly in 3 weeks time? 

NAG1

Quote from: the colonel on September 02, 2010, 01:43:41 PM
Quote from: pdiddy on September 02, 2010, 01:35:19 PM

Oh and PS

Dinny has been taking sessions with alot of club teams recently. There was no worry about quandries when he was also taking sessions for ballycastle so shouldnt be now

Is it only me or does anyone else not see a conflict of interest here? He coaches some club team coming up to SHC and not others?
What does that say to the players from the other clubs who are supposed to be part of his panle, this is the kind of nonsense I thought he had learned from the last time he was up here.
Seemingly not

thehurler

NAG this is a non issue if he is asked by clubs for his help and to take a session or two he will .Maybe cushendall management  haven't asked him for his help , if they did i'm sure he'd help them no problem.Cushendall maybe are lucky that their management doesn't need help , advice etc or just a different voice but if they asked i'm sure they'd have him ..
On what onthehill and just puck it were saying about the antics of players drinking , i feel this is more of an issue , We have a few like that but Cushendall seem to be infested with good timers we have the  county deserter who'd take it out of a sock , other pin up boys who are disiplined for all day sessions and more of them at it - this seems more of an issue for cushendall than others.Cushendall may have their gym boys etc  but really these guys are negative role models if they go out on drinking benders as they like in the middle of championship.But clubs having the foresight to get help in their teams prepararation is a non issue.

NAG1

Quote from: thehurler on September 03, 2010, 09:28:01 AM
NAG this is a non issue if he is asked by clubs for his help and to take a session or two he will .Maybe cushendall management  haven't asked him for his help , if they did i'm sure he'd help them no problem.Cushendall maybe are lucky that their management doesn't need help , advice etc or just a different voice but if they asked i'm sure they'd have him ..

Its a non issue to clubs who he has coached this year or in previous years, Cushendall being one of them Loughgiel being the other that springs to mind!
Wasnt that long ago that he was on the phone to a certain manager on the sideline during a county final.

Just stating IMO he should go round every club in the county or leave well alone and do the job he is up the road for.

Just Puck It

On what onthehill and just puck it were saying about the antics of players drinking , i feel this is more of an issue , We have a few like that but Cushendall seem to be infested with good timers we have the  county deserter who'd take it out of a sock , other pin up boys who are disiplined for all day sessions and more of them at it - this seems more of an issue for cushendall than others.Cushendall may have their gym boys etc  but really these guys are negative role models if they go out on drinking benders as they like in the middle of championship.But clubs having the foresight to get help in their teams prepararation is a non issue.

I'm going to have to disagree.  Labelling one of our boys as 'the county deserter' isn't on.  That's done and dusted.  He was one of the best forwards the county had this year.  The rest of what your saying is complete and utter balderdash too!  The only issue I can see here is your obvious lack of grammatical ability! Although I'm glad that you managed to find the full stop on your keyboard eventually!

pdiddy

Quote from: Just Puck It on September 03, 2010, 10:34:46 AM

I'm going to have to disagree.  Labelling one of our boys as 'the county deserter' isn't on.  That's done and dusted.  He was one of the best forwards the county had this year.  The rest of what your saying is complete and utter balderdash too!  The only issue I can see here is your obvious lack of grammatical ability! Although I'm glad that you managed to find the full stop on your keyboard eventually!

In bold should read you're - sorry, just had to point out your grammatical ability  ;D