Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: aontroim on August 31, 2010, 12:17:50 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2010, 02:21:12 PM
has been in the past (same day finals) but i reckon it may be different. We don't play the Johnnies till the 11th i think and thats the quarter final!!! your talking first week in November i think!!

that really is a long time, good if Cushendall have some injury concerns or getting boys fit. as i said before harder for Loughgiel. if the final was next week i'd say they would win it. I must check the odds on this one

Thats a Semi-Final MR - try to keep up with your bogballers progress  :D  Finals will probably be first weekend in Octoberl as a double header.

Yes semi final, how silly of me. finals should be in 4 weeks.

aye Johnney, seems a long time and will help Cushendall i think.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

Final is scheduled for 26th September I think
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

It is a long run in for Cushdendall to get their players back into shape and for the loughgiel players to be sitting around worrying about the final.

pdiddy

why would loughgiel be worrying about the final? 4weeks gives them time to get players fit also.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Milltown Row2

Loughgiel i feel would win the match had the match been next week, Cushendall have more players injured than Loughgiel I'd imagine.

Pressure is on both teams, Loughgiel for being afraid to lose another final, Cushendall pressure of losing to loughgiel in a final.

Cushendall's defence is strong, graffin, delargy, mcmanus, McCambridge, Scullion, and a couple of other lads. Up front they are over reliant on Shane but I'm sure AD will be back McNaughton's also could chip in with scores.

as for Loughgiel well they have a great team but if Cushendall snuff out their attack then it will be a dog fight.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maxpower

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2010, 10:03:22 PM
Loughgiel i feel would win the match had the match been next week, Cushendall have more players injured than Loughgiel I'd imagine.

Pressure is on both teams, Loughgiel for being afraid to lose another final, Cushendall pressure of losing to loughgiel in a final.

Cushendall's defence is strong, graffin, delargy, mcmanus, McCambridge, Scullion, and a couple of other lads. Up front they are over reliant on Shane but I'm sure AD will be back McNaughton's also could chip in with scores.

as for Loughgiel well they have a great team but if Cushendall snuff out their attack then it will be a dog fight.

Always baffles me how easily this Loughgiel team gets referred to as a 'Great Team', especially by City men.  We won 2 out of three championships and everyone was on saying how ordinary a team we were, they win nothing, get to a few finals and they're a great team.

I can't be having that, get to a final you're a decent team, win one you're a good team, win back to back you're a great team.
What happens next????

thehurler

I wouldn't say we are a great team compared to the '83 side but we are a good side and with the structures , organisation and the detail we go into to improve our game we can be a great team to rival the '83 team. We are streets ahead of any club in terms of preparation and are very focussed and I have a feeling we will give the All-Ireland a good shot this year.

samboswig

Quote from: thehurler on September 01, 2010, 09:33:34 AM
I wouldn't say we are a great team compared to the '83 side but we are a good side and with the structures , organisation and the detail we go into to improve our game we can be a great team to rival the '83 team. We are streets ahead of any club in terms of preparation and are very focussed and I have a feeling we will give the All-Ireland a good shot this year.

It amazes me how people forget facts. Every single year, you hear two big massive bangs as Loughgiel's boolers hit the floor. This normally happens in the tunnel underneath the stand in Casement, around 15 minutes before the start of the county final.

Winning that game is what makes a team a good team. Not the fluency of training drills, or pastings handed out to teams in the league.

What sets Dunloy and Cushendall apart from Loughgiel is a bit of class. Dunloy and Cushendall have players ( and supporters ) with a bit of honour and style about them. They win, they celebrate, they lose, they get on with it. They allow others to pass judgement on their achievements, and don't worry about how they are perceived. They are comfortable in their own skin.

Getting to umpteen county finals, does not make you a big team. It actually confirms that you are habitual losers. And unable to perform at the only time when it actually matters.

Even the Rossa team that won a few years ago can sleep more soundly at night knowing that they performed when it was required.

I for one will be in Casement this year hoping for more of the same.

theskull1

Your just feeding the troll there. I have every confidence that I'm more a LG man than that clampit. History will have taught real LG folk to their powder dry for this final. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the colonel

Quote from: maxpower on September 01, 2010, 09:16:41 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2010, 10:03:22 PM

Always baffles me how easily this Loughgiel team gets referred to as a 'Great Team', especially by City men.  We won 2 out of three championships and everyone was on saying how ordinary a team we were, they win nothing, get to a few finals and they're a great team.

I can't be having that, get to a final you're a decent team, win one you're a good team, win back to back you're a great team.

Couldnt agree more with you Max. To be fair you don't even need to be a decent team to get to the final, just get a nice side of the draw which has happened all three in the last 7/8 years

Haven't got the Irish News yet so what is it reporting about Watson missing the final?
the difference between success and failure is energy

Trout

I have never, ever heard anyone saying Dunloy supporters had honour or style.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Milltown Row2

I have always said that Dunloy are a great team, Cushendall have been a great team also, stop generalising over a comment i made about Loughgiel being a great team.

As far as I'm concerned Loughgiel have beaten Dunloy and Cushendall in many semi finals over the recent years, yes their balls have dropped while walking out of the tunnel of Casement. but they along with the other two big teams are quality.

who will win it? have tipped Loughgiel a couple of times, v Rossa and Dunloy one year!!! 

pdiddy

i was standing beside a women from dunloy last sunday and she had neither honour or style. Her language towards the loughgiel management was atrocious. In a sport where i am proud to see that all spectators can mix together this was a disgrace. The woman should be banned for life.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

NAG1

'Loughgiel' management, do you not mean Babs one mercenary from st pausl and another from Lavey?  :D

Oh and PS
Does this final now put our esteemed county manager in a quandary?

theskull1

" i was standing beside a women from [INSERT YOUR RIVAL CLUB] last sunday and she had neither honour or style. Her language towards the [INSERT YOUR CLUB] management was atrocious. In a sport where i am proud to see that all spectators can mix together this was a disgrace. The woman should be banned for life.

All you handwringers out there should take a copy of this to save you typing in future.  >:(

As we all should know, up and down the land there are individuals who purport to "support" a team from where they live but you wouldn't see them attend anything other than a championship semi or final and show themselves and their parishes up for their own inadequacies as human beings. Only real diddies don't look closer to home before coming out with shite like that

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera