Quote from: aontroim on August 09, 2010, 01:54:57 PM
SHC 1/4-Finals

Cushendall v Gort Na Mona    Dunloy   14/08/2010   17:00
Loughgiel v S. Antrim            Dunloy   14/08/2010   18:30

Glenariffe v Ballycastle    Loughgiel   15/08/2010   17:00
Dunloy v Rossa            Loughgiel   15/08/2010   18:30

Anyone fancy predicting scores?

Glenariffe 3-09 - Ballycastle 1-14

If Tosh is playing, he'll score goals past them. The old fake hand pass routine and then bam.

Dunloy 1-13 - Rossa 2 -12
I think Rossa are gonna sneak in here.

Loughgiell won't get a game, and Cushendall will win by +12 points.

Anyone else?

Worst predictions ever.

Rossa hit 19 wides, and Dunloy always looked to have something else to give if things got sticky.

My next predictions: Ireland to be free by next week, and Thatcher to shuttle off the week after that.

Link

Quote from: Fairhead on August 15, 2010, 11:34:09 PM
First game was poor i thought but a win is a win so happy enough. Glenariffe had 3 or 4 wides in first 5/6 mins of 2nd half and if they had got them things could have been different. Took Ballycastle a good 10 mins to get going in the 2nd half but they took some nice scores after that and the only shock towards the end of the game was that Glenariffe kept 15 players on the field. I thought they lost their discipline and were very ragged towards the end. Cushendall won't be losing any sleep tonight after watching that match and they will be big favourites for the semi.

Dunloy do look like the team to beat still. Some of the intelligence, movement and team play from them was superb tonight. Rossa did hit a bagful of wides right enough but even if they had got some of them the Dunloy forwards looked like they could have got the scores when needed. Rossa have some talent to work with for the future though (i liked the look of their 2 corner forwards in spells) and if they keep developing they will be contenders again in a few years.

Unless the Shamrocks get it right on the day i cant see past a Cushendall Dunloy final again.

Who were they? Armstong and Turley by any chance?

pdiddy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2010, 09:32:41 PM
No shocks tonight  Rossa hit too many wides and Dunloy did enough to win. Ballycastle impressed in the second half, and will give the Dall a game but see only one winner there.

can Dunloy beat the Loughgiel?

I think the question should be Can Loughgiel beat Dunloy?  Dunloy and Cushendall must be strong favourites to reach the final for the 2nd year in a row.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

maxpower

Quote from: pdiddy on August 16, 2010, 10:32:05 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2010, 09:32:41 PM
No shocks tonight  Rossa hit too many wides and Dunloy did enough to win. Ballycastle impressed in the second half, and will give the Dall a game but see only one winner there.

can Dunloy beat the Loughgiel?

I think the question should be Can Loughgiel beat Dunloy?  Dunloy and Cushendall must be strong favourites to reach the final for the 2nd year in a row.

I don't think anyone in Dunloy will be getting too carried away after last night, Rossa missed a bagful of chances and Dunloy need serious improvement in the full line before they face the shamrocks
What happens next????

NAG1

Poor enough game Max?

theskull1

Expected more from Rossa and I suppose if they'd have been able to put the ball over the bar they'd have given us a fair oul match. Some of the worst shooting I can ever remember seeing. Made for a pretty tame encounter as a result. We've plenty to work on. Few boys who've been star performers had a bad day and they'll learn from that. Thought our midfield & half forward line got through some great work at times and we had flashes in the other areas enough to know that with the right effort improvements will come. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pdiddy

When are the Semis?

I assume they'll both be North Antrim venues?
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

NAG1

Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th as far as i heard.

Dont think the venues have been fixed yet but I could see Dunloy for the Cushendall Ballycastle match and more than likely Ballycastle for the other one.

Milltown Row2

So are we dismissing Loughgiel here?

Ballycastle deployed Hippy on Tosh and that stopped a tosh from playing, Tosh missed a hat full of frees also and when the Glenariffe's full back went off injured, Ballycastle scored another goal.

If played again i could see ballycastle getting beat, it was that sort of game. Pinky and hippy played well and young Clarke up from showed well for the ball despite getting some attention, which is grand by me, cause a lad is young he shouldn't get any extra protection from the referee.

Dunloy played well in the first ten minutes and 5 minutes later Rossa were level!! but once the goal was scored there was only one winner. Ally can still stick the ball over the bar from tight angles, his first point was typical of him. won ball out wide and slotted ball over. simple.

i really thought Rossa would have been better to be honest. Stephen Shannon is a strong lad hit the ball miles but seems as if he's not interested!! Young McGuinness up front was very good and its players like that, who'll turn Rossa fortunes around.

So the predictable 3 in the semi finals. Dall to the final and its a toss of a coin on the other game.

which brings me to the other subject, St Johns, Rossa, ourselves (though our league form says different) Gortnamona are stuck in Limbo. too good to be in intermediate and rubbish at senior level. this needs fixing

we are working hard, good lads in there working and coaching the kids but no return. annoying as f**k!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Good post MR2 it is frustrating when you are putting in the work and looks like there is no return but eventually it will pay off.

I dont think anyone is writing off loughgiel not sure if having the by will do them good or will harm with lack of games.

They seem to be set up slightly different this year only thing is they dont seem to know what their best team is position wise, think Johnny Campbell is the only constant at CHB.

Dangerous game for Dunloy for sure.

thehurler

This game versus Dunloy is set up perfectly for us . Dunloy were the worst team in the last 20 years to win a senior championship. They stole it from the 'dall and mc gee was in inspiring form that day and 'dall should have had game over at half time , but they didn't but i am convinced they are a bad side and not a wind up going on here. We will blow them out of the  park , this years set up is very organised and everyone is totally championship focussed , and with joey scullion , and winker we will destroy a nigglly dunloy defence .I also  can see at least 2 dunloy red cards in this game if refereed properly , they are very nasty/treacherous  at the back and hopefully the officials will see this.Dunloy will not count here even against Rossa yesterday if rossa had any sort of shooting practice , stickwork done it may have been different result. I cannt wait until  we will hammer them and then their supporters can have plenty of time to arrange their trips to watch their beloved soccer team playing in Glasgow.They are  great soccer supporters there!

NAG1

Quote from: thehurler on August 16, 2010, 03:28:19 PM
This game versus Dunloy is set up perfectly for us . Dunloy were the worst team in the last 20 years to win a senior championship. They stole it from the 'dall and mc gee was in inspiring form that day and 'dall should have had game over at half time , but they didn't but i am convinced they are a bad side and not a wind up going on here. We will blow them out of the  park , this years set up is very organised and everyone is totally championship focussed , and with joey scullion , and winker we will destroy a nigglly dunloy defence .I also  can see at least 2 dunloy red cards in this game if refereed properly , they are very nasty/treacherous  at the back and hopefully the officials will see this.Dunloy will not count here even against Rossa yesterday if rossa had any sort of shooting practice , stickwork done it may have been different result. I cannt wait until  we will hammer them and then their supporters can have plenty of time to arrange their trips to watch their beloved soccer team playing in Glasgow.They are  great soccer supporters there!

Post of the week! :D

pdiddy

Quote from: NAG1 on August 16, 2010, 03:34:25 PM
Quote from: thehurler on August 16, 2010, 03:28:19 PM

Post of the week! :D

This guy is unbelieveable !! Either a total WUM or totally deluded - take your pick!

johnneycool

Does the pound have internet access now?

the colonel

No but the glenbush has!
the difference between success and failure is energy