Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: maxpower on August 12, 2010, 05:07:47 PM
Quote from: thehurler on August 12, 2010, 04:32:46 PM
The winners will be predictable - Cushendall , Glenariffe , Dunloy and ourselves.
The town's match against Glenariffe would be pick of the round . Glenariffe's team spirit will be too much for a very unfulfilled town side who cannot accept that now they are pretty far behind the rest and really need more structures  in place around their senior side if they are to push on. Last year they ran a poor Dunloy side close.The town have a few older heads alright but the younger ones are too light  in the forwards in particular the soccer boys are just passing the time.It is sad to see with all the good work done by Joe Cassidy at C and Passion not being brought on to the next level  , they showed foresight with their pitch development but on the coaching side thet are light years away from senior success.They will be lucky to stay in Div 1.A town side with a few committed families but that is all , they need to take ownership of the club to the whole club and get a bit  outside help on the coaching side.Compare this to Glenariffe and the population they have to pick from , they must certainly punch above their weight and are a credit , Ballycastle could learn from them and at the weekend they will learn after a heavy defeat to Glenariffe ,

Shall i bite! who won the Championship last year

As for the games, not sure if Loughgiel will even get a game and if they do they should rack a heavy score as will Cushendall

Dunloy v Rossa is a huge game for ourselves, Rossa are no mugs having beaten us in last years Ulster League Semi and will have improved as a result of another years hurling for their talented u21 winners.  But contrary to reports Dunloy are still a force and we will relish this years championship

I think the town are an excellent side, with real potential in if the young soccer lads really commit they could be a major force the coming years, i think they will have too much for Glenariffe[/b]
This has been repeated for about 15 years. Eventually it will come true.

NAG1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 12, 2010, 11:09:48 PM
Quote from: maxpower on August 12, 2010, 05:07:47 PM
Quote from: thehurler on August 12, 2010, 04:32:46 PM
The winners will be predictable - Cushendall , Glenariffe , Dunloy and ourselves.
The town's match against Glenariffe would be pick of the round . Glenariffe's team spirit will be too much for a very unfulfilled town side who cannot accept that now they are pretty far behind the rest and really need more structures  in place around their senior side if they are to push on. Last year they ran a poor Dunloy side close.[/b]The town have a few older heads alright but the younger ones are too light  in the forwards in particular the soccer boys are just passing the time.It is sad to see with all the good work done by Joe Cassidy at C and Passion not being brought on to the next level  , they showed foresight with their pitch development but on the coaching side thet are light years away from senior success.They will be lucky to stay in Div 1.A town side with a few committed families but that is all , they need to take ownership of the club to the whole club and get a bit  outside help on the coaching side.Compare this to Glenariffe and the population they have to pick from , they must certainly punch above their weight and are a credit , Ballycastle could learn from them and at the weekend they will learn after a heavy defeat to Glenariffe ,

Shall i bite! who won the Championship last year

As for the games, not sure if Loughgiel will even get a game and if they do they should rack a heavy score as will Cushendall

Dunloy v Rossa is a huge game for ourselves, Rossa are no mugs having beaten us in last years Ulster League Semi and will have improved as a result of another years hurling for their talented u21 winners.  But contrary to reports Dunloy are still a force and we will relish this years championship

I think the town are an excellent side, with real potential in if the young soccer lads really commit they could be a major force the coming years, i think they will have too much for Glenariffe
This has been repeated for about 15 years. Eventually it will come true.

Pot Kettle Black me thinks

Also not always the answer as has been proved before in many clubs inluding your own!

samboswig

Quote from: aontroim on August 09, 2010, 01:54:57 PM
SHC 1/4-Finals

Cushendall v Gort Na Mona    Dunloy   14/08/2010   17:00
Loughgiel v S. Antrim            Dunloy   14/08/2010   18:30

Glenariffe v Ballycastle    Loughgiel   15/08/2010   17:00
Dunloy v Rossa            Loughgiel   15/08/2010   18:30

Anyone fancy predicting scores?

Glenariffe 3-09 - Ballycastle 1-14

If Tosh is playing, he'll score goals past them. The old fake hand pass routine and then bam.

Dunloy 1-13 - Rossa 2 -12
I think Rossa are gonna sneak in here.

Loughgiell won't get a game, and Cushendall will win by +12 points.

Anyone else?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: samboswig on August 13, 2010, 03:40:58 PM
Quote from: aontroim on August 09, 2010, 01:54:57 PM
SHC 1/4-Finals

Cushendall v Gort Na Mona    Dunloy   14/08/2010   17:00
Loughgiel v S. Antrim            Dunloy   14/08/2010   18:30

Glenariffe v Ballycastle    Loughgiel   15/08/2010   17:00
Dunloy v Rossa            Loughgiel   15/08/2010   18:30

Anyone fancy predicting scores?

Glenariffe 3-09 - Ballycastle 1-14

If Tosh is playing, he'll score goals past them. The old fake hand pass routine and then bam.

Dunloy 1-13 - Rossa 2 -12
I think Rossa are gonna sneak in here.

Loughgiell won't get a game, and Cushendall will win by +12 points.

Anyone else?

Fell for that once at our pitch. the night the champion league final was on when United beat Bayern 2-1. that was some game (the hurling) can you mind that match Minder??

Samboswig, i'd say you could be right but i think Rossa's kids are good but experience is the key factor, also if the game had been in Belfast i would go with your tip.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

I remember it well Milltown, scumbags winning finished off a bad night for me.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

well good times, played against Carey the other night (yes senior) Hurling is some game. think we will win enough games to stay up.

Hope yourselves and Ballygalget manage to stay up ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2010, 11:07:26 PM
well good times, played against Carey the other night (yes senior) Hurling is some game. think we will win enough games to stay up.

Hope yourselves and Ballygalget manage to stay up ;)

Can't see Ballycastle going down, regardless of where they finish  ;)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

yeah we all know that. so win your match, well both matches, i'll be down on Sunday night, should be two good games.

the colonel

Just back from our game. Finished 5.18 to 7 points. A bit flaterring for ourselves after only being 9-4 up at half time
the difference between success and failure is energy

gelvis

Quote from: the colonel on August 14, 2010, 07:03:09 PM
Just back from our game. Finished 5.18 to 7 points. A bit flaterring for ourselves after only being 9-4 up at half time

Who was the big fella doin full forward for yous Colonel?  Took two of his goals well but the Titanic would turn quicker
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

eoinbeag

Milltown Row2

not really but they will certainly be up for it,  heading down tomorrow so i hoping for a good game

the colonel

It was Conor Carson. Scored 3-3 I think which is a great return. I don't think he's that slow to be fair Gelvis
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

No shocks tonight  Rossa hit too many wides and Dunloy did enough to win. Ballycastle impressed in the second half, and will give the Dall a game but see only one winner there.

can Dunloy beat the Loughgiel?

Fairhead

First game was poor i thought but a win is a win so happy enough. Glenariffe had 3 or 4 wides in first 5/6 mins of 2nd half and if they had got them things could have been different. Took Ballycastle a good 10 mins to get going in the 2nd half but they took some nice scores after that and the only shock towards the end of the game was that Glenariffe kept 15 players on the field. I thought they lost their discipline and were very ragged towards the end. Cushendall won't be losing any sleep tonight after watching that match and they will be big favourites for the semi.

Dunloy do look like the team to beat still. Some of the intelligence, movement and team play from them was superb tonight. Rossa did hit a bagful of wides right enough but even if they had got some of them the Dunloy forwards looked like they could have got the scores when needed. Rossa have some talent to work with for the future though (i liked the look of their 2 corner forwards in spells) and if they keep developing they will be contenders again in a few years.

Unless the Shamrocks get it right on the day i cant see past a Cushendall Dunloy final again.