Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

I had heard that the NA select were struggling for numbers at training etc and were in danger of being wound up and withdrawn.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

In fairness I would say he probably finished with a goal and maybe 3 points, could be wrong but thought he was in around that tally.

the colonel

The North Antrim site has it down to be because of the IC & JC finals. If there was maybe one club playing the NA select may have got away with it, but with the 3 teams dominating the select it wouldn't have been possible
the difference between success and failure is energy

Link

Lads need a few hurling sticks and i'm in the city tonight. Who would be my best bet?

Would like if i take a look at maybe a dozen sticks before i buy.

Is the caman hurl still being made, don't know who made them but used a few a couple of years back and they were a nice stick. Any others?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 02, 2010, 12:26:49 PM
In fairness I would say he probably finished with a goal and maybe 3 points, could be wrong but thought he was in around that tally.

yes as stated he didn't touch leather after McGourty moved on to him. DD pulled of two good saves. Some cracking scores from midfield for Loughgiel. they brought on a good player in the second half scored who hit a great point also.

I expected us to get hammered by more to be honest, but was happy with the honesty/effort of the lads that played. some young lads got their first game at that level and the experience they will get from will be invaluable.

they now play the South Antrim select team. the Johnnies i heard are not letting their players play. but with them playing the championship this week i think they should as it will be a fair aul break before the Ulster championship. Crossy is looking after them!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Crossy is looking after them!!!

Enough said, has there ever been a more over rated coach in the History of the GAA, foul mouthed abuse of players and officials for me does not stand up as coaching or someone we should be using to promote this divisonal team endeavour.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on August 02, 2010, 02:37:26 PM
Crossy is looking after them!!!

Enough said, has there ever been a more over rated coach in the History of the GAA, foul mouthed abuse of players and officials for me does not stand up as coaching or someone we should be using to promote this divisonal team endeavour.

Aye but he's good with the kids  ;D

'f**k the f**k'

theskull1

What did men dip their sheep in in the County Down Johnny?  ;D
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on August 02, 2010, 04:09:11 PM
What did men dip their sheep in in the County Down Johnny?  ;D

We've good arable land down here Skull so its mostly dairy and beef cattle with grain as well. Sheep is more a hilly type animal so if you want to dip into the sheep you're geographically better placed then me.

What's it like? I hear its a bit sinewy?

NAG1

whats the programme of matches for this week and weekend then?

Milltown Row2

Ballygalget    Dunloy    Ballygalget   04/08/2010   19:00   TBC    Round 12   
Portaferry    Ballycastle    Portaferry   04/08/2010   19:00   TBC    Round 12   
Ballycran    Ballycastle    Ballycran   08/08/2010   13:30      Round 13   
Cushendall    Ballygalget    Cushendall   08/08/2010   13:30      Round 13   
Loughgiel    Portaferry    Loughgiel Shamrocks   08/08/2010   13:30      Round 13   
Loughgiel    Ballycastle    Loughgiel Shamrocks   10/08/2010   19:30   Willie Mitchell   Round 7

St Johns playing Carey in the final this weekend
cloughmills v Cushendun in the Junior

the Down teams doing some traveling this week!! Ballycran give Cushendall a beating at the weekend. Ballycastyle will need a few wins but away to the Down teams so will be hard for them

Lecale2

Cushendall    2-12   2-19   Ballycran

Big win for Ballycran. Was anyone at the match?

It looks liike fight between Ballygalget and Ballycastle to avoid relegation. Sundays match is very important!

Minder

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 03, 2010, 01:22:36 PM

It looks liike fight between Ballygalget and Ballycastle to avoid relegation. Sundays match is very important!

I would say it is a three way battle with ourselves also involved.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on August 03, 2010, 03:56:21 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on August 03, 2010, 01:22:36 PM

I would say it is a three way battle with ourselves also involved.

That's a good win for Ballycran alright and might be enough for them.

We've the Dunlodians tomorrow and Ballycastle on Sunday with the sunday game being more important as it's a 4 pointer using Sky sports parlance. I think after that we've cushendall and portaferry away so there's no easy points on offer.

Minder,
do you still have Ballycastle to play?