Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

This was more of a discipline thing from what I heard.

maxpower

Match was really over before it got started, Loughgiel banged in 2 early goals hurling against a strong wind and really there was no way back for St Galls.

What happens next????

NAG1

Any stand outs Max, would you be worried if you get passed Rossa?

Milltown Row2

the two early goals did somewhat kill the game, and i feared that they would continue with the goals, but Ciaran McGourty went into fullback and never give Ding a touch of the ball!! he was winding him up something shocking throughout the match.... in jest of course.

the loughgiel crowd were there as usual in big numbers and after the early goals didn't have much to shout about. Loughgiel would need to improve on that performance. We haven't trained at all this year (and it showed) but the game was competitive and fiesty at times. but 3-16 is still a good score without the Winker lad playing. i thought the Ballycastle game would have been played. did north Antrim pull out?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 02, 2010, 10:16:11 AM

the Rossa game will be a good opener for Dunloy. would expect that game to be tight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Think you'll find MR2 that wasnt Ding at FF as he was FB.

MR2 KS was very poor for you guys, he never hit leather in the first half. Came into a bit in the second half but id say the loughgiel mid fielders hit 4 between them.]

theskull1

Thought st galls fought well throughout in many areas but their stick work just didn't match their endeavour.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Signum Fidei

We had two training sessions the week before the game and even at that not even half the lads were there. Terrible season for us, saying that we were missing 6 starting players that played all last season.  some of the guys playing hadn't lifted a hurl since the AI.  We were never going to win it just had to put in a performance. I wouldn't judge loughgiel on that performance, they just had to get over that hurdle. Are main aim now would be to regroup and sort out our league performances.   

Dunloy Rossa could be close but expect dunloy to open it up the last 15-20 mins.

maxpower

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 02, 2010, 10:26:33 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 02, 2010, 10:16:11 AM

the Rossa game will be a good opener for Dunloy. would expect that game to be tight

Aye Rossa will be a big test, only team to ever have beaten us in the Ulster League and they also beat us in the u21 final last year so no one will be taking them lightly.

NAG i can't be bigging up loughgiel men, just not in me!! it wasn't really a game for stand out performances, Loughgiel always in control with St Galls battling hard to stay in touch, St Galls did force DD into a couple of good saves
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 02, 2010, 10:27:37 AM

MR2 KS was very poor for you guys, he never hit leather in the first half. Came into a bit in the second half but id say the loughgiel mid fielders hit 4 between them.]

oh! who was ff? fat guy with buck teeth

NAG1

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 02, 2010, 11:05:37 AM

Dim Dim?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

Quote from: Minder on August 02, 2010, 11:24:02 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 02, 2010, 11:05:37 AM

Dim Dim?

It has to be!!
the difference between success and failure is energy

aontroim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 02, 2010, 10:20:25 AM
the two early goals did somewhat kill the game, and i feared that they would continue with the goals, but Ciaran McGourty went into fullback and never give Ding a touch of the ball!! he was winding him up something shocking throughout the match.... in jest of course.

the loughgiel crowd were there as usual in big numbers and after the early goals didn't have much to shout about. Loughgiel would need to improve on that performance. We haven't trained at all this year (and it showed) but the game was competitive and fiesty at times. but 3-16 is still a good score without the Winker lad playing. i thought the Ballycastle game would have been played. did north Antrim pull out?

Possible this game has been put back until after JHC/IHC Finals, as there would be a load of eligible N. Antrim players involved between Carey, Cloughmills and Cushendun - though not totally sure on this.

Minder

I heard North Antrim had pulled out.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"