Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2010, 08:49:25 AM
Quote from: stevecw on June 29, 2010, 02:36:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 27, 2010, 07:23:35 PM
Quote from: thehurler on June 27, 2010, 06:19:06 PM
A total waste of admission money, send Down back to the  Christy Ring - basically a collection of intermediate players . What value is the Ulster Championship with 9 in a row? , like Galway we need to put all our energy into Leinster and the qualifiers not wasting players times playing a gather up of intermediate hurlers . Now please let us get the result against Carlow - should be a great double bill in Casement.
Down are a better team than Carlow, so thats an easy game next week

Haha really!! What stats u got to back that crazy assumption up?? I hope all Antrim ppl are as complacent as you about Saturday!

We're not steve - you owe us one for the league! It's a game we can win mind but I'm sure carlow are saying that too...

Down, currently are a poor outfit and Carlow are light years ahead of us.

Antrim will take Carlow lightly at their peril as I liked their style of play when they beat Down with a man down for most of the second half. I wasn't surprised when they beat Laois as their lighter hurlers will handle the dryer sod better.

I'd still fancy Antrim to win, as much to do with home advantage as anything by three points in the end.

Minder

Bit early in the week for prices for this game? Antrim 4/6 ish I would think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Yeah would see Antirm winning this one by a couple but it will not be easy in any shape or form.

Should be a good evening for Saffron supporters if the double header goes agead!

theskull1

If you see them winning it by a couple then you could also see them losing it by the same amount. For god sake stop talking them up...it does no good. Leave our PRO for that.

Carlow will have zero fear of Antrim and why should they...they are an up and coming side. This is a perfect game for them. So it's a game that is in the balance and the mindset of the players on both sides will play a massive part in the outcome.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Any why should Antrim fear Carlow on the same arguement then?  :D

theskull1

Quote from: NAG1 on June 29, 2010, 11:41:23 AM
Any why should Antrim fear Carlow on the same arguement then?  :D

Who said they should?  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

I would imagine then that the ten day rule will prevent county panel members from playing in the Feis Final on the sunday evening assuming Antrim beat Carlow on Saturday then?

Onthehill

Quote from: NAG1 on June 29, 2010, 01:19:39 PM
I would imagine then that the ten day rule will prevent county panel members from playing in the Feis Final on the sunday evening assuming Antrim beat Carlow on Saturday then?

Dont think so cause the next game isnt until the 20th if they beat Carlow.  Carlow will be a stiff enough test but no one can doubt our improvement from the league.  I just think we have to have patience with the team. Dinny seems to be good with the timing their peak peformances. Watched them in Casement last thursday night at training.  Its bloody fast....Wallace seems to be the man.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Onthehill on June 29, 2010, 01:34:27 PM

Dont think so cause the next game isnt until the
if they beat Carlow.  Carlow will be a stiff enough test but no one can doubt our improvement from the league.  I just think we have to have patience with the team. Dinny seems to be good with the timing their peak peformances. Watched them in Casement last thursday night at training.  Its bloody fast....Wallace seems to be the man.

20th July is a tuesday. Presume you mean the 17th?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Onthehill on June 29, 2010, 01:34:27 PM

Dont think so cause the next game isnt until the 20th if they beat Carlow.  Carlow will be a stiff enough test but no one can doubt our improvement from the league.  I just think we have to have patience with the team. Dinny seems to be good with the timing their peak peformances. Watched them in Casement last thursday night at training.  Its bloody fast....Wallace seems to be the man.

heard that.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stevecw

Antrim seemed to have moved on a lot from where they were at in the league. And despite Saturday nights win over Laois I feel we have dropped back a bit. The 2 games where we beat Wexford and should have beaten Clare were as good as we have played.

We got close to that level again at the weekend, but let Laois back into it from a position where we were 6 pts up and in total control.
If we repeat that on Saturday we will be well beaten, but I think we will have learned from it and to actually win a game in our 1st year at this level is a massive boost. It makes us feel like we do belong at this level.

I think it will be a close enough one on Saturday, but fear that home advantage might swing it for Antrim. Looking forward to a great game though.

NAG1

Any word on the arrangements for the gate on Saturday?
I would imagine there would be a fair crowd heading to both games.

aontroim

Double Header for Casement Park  on Saturday 03 July 2010

All Ireland Hurling Qualifier Round 1:
5pm-   Antrim v Carlow

All Ireland Football Qualifier Round 1 (Replay)
7pm -   Antrim v Kildare

Admission Prices

Seating
Stand & Uncovered Seats  €20 / £18
              Students & OAP €15 / £13

NB.  All Seats are on a first come first served basis

Terrace
General              €15 /£13
Students & OAP  €10 / £8
U16 (when accompanied) FREE

Two Hands FFS

Team unchanged from last weekend I think.

Onthehill

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on July 02, 2010, 09:49:08 AM
Team unchanged from last weekend I think.

Funny I was wondering...were did you see it. I was looking for it. The team last week was in the paper mid week but it hasnt been this week.  Mind games??? It has been a low key build up to the game...both teams are saying very little.

O Rourke for Kildare done a great article with the Irish news today....very smart move. Highlighted (obviously for the attention of the ref and linesmen) that Paddy Cunningham is stealing yards for the frees. Something that I never really noticed. The wee dance is a distraction.