Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gelvis

Quote from: thehurler on June 16, 2010, 05:24:17 PM
My point is they should not be there at the expense of belfast clubs , if we are trying to promote hurling in our county why don't we have city teams in div 1 , the choices are either extend division 1 and get the city teams in or simpler throw out the
down clubs and let their own county promote hurling.

I guess that you are a Rossa man hurler?  Perhaps a bit miffed with the standard of Division 2 hurling and looking back to the days of Jim Connlley, etc? 
With regards to your damnation of the boys who have headed off to the States and their "abandonment of the county upon whose teet they have gladly suckled since young 'uns" how do you rate the Herron's, Magill's and McGourty's who have chosen to represent the county kickballers?  Surely this too is an abomination?
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Fairhead

Quote from: maxpower on June 16, 2010, 10:51:11 AM
Dunloy had a good win last night against Ballycastle in the feis cup, we were missing a few experienced players (the three cunnings, paudie shivers, shorty, ally elliott, woody) but the younger players are really starting to play well now.

Kevin Molloy was excellent in corner back, Ryan McErlaine has been excellent in the last 2 games also, but man of the match was Kevin Martin, late to the game and so came on as a sub in the full forward position as nancy got injured, marking none other than hippy and scored 4 goals and a point in the second half.

Was a decent first half, Ballycastle looked sharp initially with Gerard Laverty getting through plenty of work and with a good poc out routine casuing Dunloy problems, however their exertions in winning the u21 championship and doubtless celebrations caught up on them and they seemed to have nothing in the tank for the second half

Not an unexpected heavy defeat for Ballycastle last night after the u21 final on Sunday.

As for the u21 game itself i didn't think it was a great game but finals are there to be won and the team done that. I felt the Ballycastle defence was the key to the game as they outmuscled and outfought the Loughgiel forwards for large parts of the game. The seniors had an important victory last week against Ballycran and coupled with the u21 win hopefully they can have a strong second half in the league campaign. Of course it would have helped if big Magic Johnson hadn't got that last minute goal against Portaferry to give Ballygalget a big win. If you were paranoid you would be starting to think that the Ards teams were carving up the victories among each other to ensure they all stayed up  ;D

the colonel

8 point win tonight for Cushendall in the Feis over Loughgiel. Good win
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

aye but were you missing players??? ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the waffler

hurler the   belfast teams are bad and seem to be getting worse throw out the down teams move the belfast teams upthat will really improve the standard of antrim hurling you seem to be a bit of a clown

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2010, 11:59:22 PM

Considering "that sc**bag AG" was missing that was a good win for the dall  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the colonel

Quote from: theskull1 on June 17, 2010, 08:22:07 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2010, 11:59:22 PM

Considering "that sc**bag AG" was missing that was a good win for the dall  :)

We were yes! Kevin Elliott, Brian Delargy and obviously Graffin. They were missing a couple from what I know
the difference between success and failure is energy

thehurler

Here we go again " we were missing" this seems to be spreading!

As for the guys who were on the county panel who just left it is disgraceful and more annoying that the mentality of the posters who support them plain stupid, would  brian cody give them his blessing? would mickey harte? these boys have no idea of committment to a team and it really just shows how amateur things are in our county. it should be a very long time before these boys ever get a saffron jersey again. i wonder did any of them get sponsorhips or grants due to their hurling involvement , if they did whoever gave them that money should demand it back.

Shrek

you are a total WUM or seriously deluded

you keep missing the most important question IMO, why did the county management have these boys on the panel and also why where they picked for the offally game as it was widely know by all including managment that they where going away for the summer.

How can you blame young amateur sports men who have just finished Uni and will start full time work at the end of the summer for going and enjoying themselves for a few months

i say good luck to the boys and i look forward to seeing them play for their clubs at the end of the summer and their county next year.

Any reports on the Feis match.?

PS is it true tosh is back in the fold - if so was that part of a deal  ;)

NAG1

Think maybe its because its the only 'hurling' that he will be getting for the next few months. Just done understand that fella at all, fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me, what about a 3rd time?

Two Hands FFS

He ain't the only one back........again.

johnneycool

Quote from: Fairhead on June 16, 2010, 11:20:13 PM
If you were paranoid you would be starting to think that the Ards teams were carving up the victories among each other to ensure they all stayed up  ;D

Ha, Ha, maybe someone should have told a few of the portaferry lads who were going to take a puck out of each other after Magic scored. I suppose theyr'e the ones getting the raw deal in the carve up as they've now been beaten by us and Ballycran to date, besides that'd take too much organising as we still can't agree on the time of day down here.

Lecale2

Quote from: johnneycool on June 17, 2010, 11:45:56 AM
Quote from: Fairhead on June 16, 2010, 11:20:13 PM
If you were paranoid you would be starting to think that the Ards teams were carving up the victories among each other to ensure they all stayed up  ;D

Ha, Ha, maybe someone should have told a few of the portaferry lads who were going to take a puck out of each other after Magic scored. I suppose theyr'e the ones getting the raw deal in the carve up as they've now been beaten by us and Ballycran to date, besides that'd take too much organising as we still can't agree on the time of day down here.
Some of them would be more inclined to carve up victories to see their neighbours relegated!

News Boy

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on June 17, 2010, 11:21:20 AM
He ain't the only one back........again.

Tut, tut, tut!  you feeling a little threatened maybe????????????????

maxpower

Whats the craic with the fixtures scheduled for this weekend, i had heard they are being brought forward to tonight?

What happens next????