Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

The Ulster Final is on the 27th NAG. Full round of club fixtures this weekend
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

thehurler

Ah qualifiers on weekend of july 3 i just have joined here and had a little look at previous posts . just to let off a bit of steam i am disgusted with the two boys clearing of to the states , it shouldn't be condoned yet posters on here are all saying fair enough - well no it is not fair enough - it is wrong they should not have been allowed to be part of a county panel if that was their intentions all along. that is the problem in our county too much understanding for lack of commitment to the county cause. it seems folks on here don't give a damn about the county and pretend they do .
others like the dunloy posters skull and maxpower spend their time talking nonsense about good wins here and good wins there but we were missing experienced heads blah blah and well done to the young replacements utter crap and mark my words every time dunloy play they always mention we were missing  -  it has become boring boys , it is as if they are trying to always have an excuse or even more so magnify a simple win wow wow wow  how great thou art dunloy  - wow wee !!!!
on to other stuff we need to get  behind the county and if it means playing club games without county players so be it- let us support the county , we can do something!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: NAG1 on June 15, 2010, 02:30:57 PM
So Ulster final 27th June, a weeks break then play again in Qualifier 3rd July. Win that and then its another week with no club action, so it will be the July holidays before another club game is played.

Not giving out for a change just wondering if this was the case?

Thanks skull  ;)
feis final on Sunday 4th July

theskull1

:D

After "that" ......could I add my support of AG & N McA heading off to the states. Some people may not know this but just to fill you in ....they are two very young hurlers (22 max) who have given years of commitment ALREADY (4 years) to the Antrim IC team. If youre going to do America now is the time. Antrim should and I'm sure are glad to have had them and will look forward to their return.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: thehurler on June 15, 2010, 03:41:37 PM
Ah qualifiers on weekend of july 3 i just have joined here and had a little look at previous posts . just to let off a bit of steam i am disgusted with the two boys clearing of to the states , it shouldn't be condoned yet posters on here are all saying fair enough - well no it is not fair enough - it is wrong they should not have been allowed to be part of a county panel if that was their intentions all along. that is the problem in our county too much understanding for lack of commitment to the county cause. it seems folks on here don't give a damn about the county and pretend they do .
others like the dunloy posters skull and maxpower spend their time talking nonsense about good wins here and good wins there but we were missing experienced heads blah blah and well done to the young replacements utter crap and mark my words every time dunloy play they always mention we were missing  -  it has become boring boys , it is as if they are trying to always have an excuse or even more so magnify a simple win wow wow wow  how great thou art dunloy  - wow wee !!!!
on to other stuff we need to get  behind the county and if it means playing club games without county players so be it- let us support the county , we can do something!

Post of the week goes to  ;D

Didnt realise the schools were out already!

the waffler

as far asi knew none of the two lads are on the antrimpayroll so therefore can go if they want

thehurler

waffler- the name suits you, maybe as far as i am aware on another issue i feel it would be a good idea to keep antrim free from clubs from your county. down clubs do nothing for our county only cause trouble with fixtures , increase our travel time and costs to play games and really we should think about throwing them out of our leagues and get city teams in - who actually are from our county and maybe can help our county - not a crowd of down men - they should stick to their own county.
they actuallly down clubs are on the way out anyway hopefully via relegation 1 a year so in 3 years we will hopefully get rid of them.

imtommygunn

Good man hurler - let it all out.

When does the club championship start? Is it August with the junior / intermediate being played shortly?

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 15, 2010, 09:29:12 PM
Good man hurler - let it all out.

When does the club championship start? Is it August with the junior / intermediate being played shortly?

First senior championship match, Ballycastle v North Antrim is down for 31/7/10, Intermediate and Junior championship starts this weekend.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thehurler

imtommy the junior and intermediate begin this weekend with the senior beginning end of july / early august. regards that clown earlier the waffler it is just these down clubs irritate me with their demands on fixtures and the costs we incur going to play them .
the sooner we eject them the better and look after own county and the promotion of hurling in our own county .

NAG1

hurler, exactly what costs are you talking about going to play the Down teams?

The 3 clubs are a credit to the league and have never caused any sort of trouble, they fulfill their fixtures each and every year and never complain. They do not look for easy excuses to cancel matches and up until this year all three were very competitive and probably provided the best and toughest three matches of the league.

Now if the Belfast clubs would have taken a look at the Ards men a few years ago maybe they wouldnt be in the mire they are in now, no one to blame but themselves and their social club hurling mentalities. If you want to rise up against anyone, rise up against the clubs in Belfast and get them to put their houses in order and get back to Div 1 hurling, it isnt the Ards clubs holding them back its themselves.

imtommygunn

Hurler the down clubs raise the standards. It's good for us and them.

If antrim clubs get relegated due to down clubs being better then it's up to them to step up and get promoted again and then do the work to stay there.

The likes of the Johnnies/ Rossa etc should to be honest be the kick up the backside that they need.

thehurler

Wise up put them out of our leagues , they are a nuisance and travel costs are too much .
They also think they are elite club sides and really are nothing but basic intemediate sides , only about 2 down players would make our county team anyway - get them out now.

maxpower

Dunloy had a good win last night against Ballycastle in the feis cup, we were missing a few experienced players (the three cunnings, paudie shivers, shorty, ally elliott, woody) but the younger players are really starting to play well now.

Kevin Molloy was excellent in corner back, Ryan McErlaine has been excellent in the last 2 games also, but man of the match was Kevin Martin, late to the game and so came on as a sub in the full forward position as nancy got injured, marking none other than hippy and scored 4 goals and a point in the second half.

Was a decent first half, Ballycastle looked sharp initially with Gerard Laverty getting through plenty of work and with a good poc out routine casuing Dunloy problems, however their exertions in winning the u21 championship and doubtless celebrations caught up on them and they seemed to have nothing in the tank for the second half
What happens next????

thehurler

Dunloy
DIVISION:      1      SENIOR HURLING

Players Name English   Players Name Irish   
1   GARETH Mc GHEE   GARETH MAG MOIDH   
2   KEVIN  MOLLOY   CAOIMHIN O MAOLMHUAIDH   
3   JAMES MC KEAGUE   SEAMAS MAC THUAIDHG   
4   MICHAEL MC CLEMENTS   MICHEAL MAC LAGHMAINN   
5   PAUDIE SHIVERS   PADRAIG SIBHEAR   
6   DAMIAN MC MULLAN    DAMIAN MAC MAOLAIN   
7   PAUL SHIELS   POL O SIAIL   
8   LIAM RICHMOND   LIAM DE RISEAMANN   
9   CONOR CUNNING   CONCHUR O CONAING   
10   ALAISTER ELLIOTT   ALASTAIR MAC UILE GOID   
11   GREGORY O KANE   GREAGOIR O CATHAIN   
12   PATRICK RICHMOND   PADRAIG DE RISEAMANN   
13   PATRICK DOHERTY   PADRAIG DOCHARTAIGH   
14   CONOR MC KINLEY   CONCHUR MC FHIONNLAOICH   
15   SEAN DOWDS   SEAN DUDA   

So from now on boring max and skull maybe this can be a reference point as to how many you are missing on any of your wow wee wins and losses  and not the group of maybe 25 you always refer to ! as a matter of interest 15 make up a team , but poor dunloy are the only team when a match is played is missing players sure against portumna only 12 of the above played ,  they were missing again  - poor unfortunate dunloy they just have hard luck with personnel,.