Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on December 14, 2009, 09:46:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2009, 09:45:10 PM
I'm back :D

that was wild, my account seemed to be hacked into with my email adress changed and i could not get on the bloody board. not much going on anyway.

all clubs finished up for the winter (well some clubs till going ;)) so things are quiet. anyword on the leagues changing?

Imposter

as if, not one fecker asked about me >:( 

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

We thought you were drying out
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron sam2

No relation of mine, folks.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 14, 2009, 10:01:43 PM
No relation of mine, folks.

couldn't use my old one as its still active. Sam showed me the way

Milltown Row2

So is that a real appointment with Jim Nelson at Loughgeil?

any other appointments for the new season?

playwiththewind1st

Free the Milltown Row 1.

Who would have thought it - Milltown Row with only 5 posts to his name? All that previous wit, insight, analysis - all for nothing lol.

Are you still eligible to ahem "turn out" for BT under the new pseudonym though?

NAG1

Any early reports on how the trials and training sessions have gone?

playwiththewind1st

We're going to have to move over to the same system that pertains in other sports. The inter-county GPA players should be regarded in the same light as those who have central contracts in other sports, i.e. they are regarded as Antrim players [or whatever] & the clubs just get on with it, in their absence.

theskull1

I could not disagree with you two more. What ever happened to club before county? It is county boards and management who put these massive restrictions on county players playing club matches in the summer months. If they relaxed those restrictions and didn't think they were the only game in town at this time of year then club games (and by osmosis, the county game) would improve quality wise. Every county player in Dunloy WANTS to play for his club and I'm sure the rest of the panel do as well. What incentive is their (other than financial  :-\) that would make players accept central contracts?

Some of you must have a short memory or must never of have experienced the bullshit that was non starred hurling. Hurling without the right intensity and passion is terrible to watch and that was non starred hurling. That means your best 15 against their best 15. The players, management and the supporters(who voted with their feet) all smelt the bullshit and the game suffered. Am I wrong in saying that? Is this what you think club hurling should be about during the summer months because I don't? Playing games for the sake of it is not where hurling thrives. If you want that go and join a 5 a side team. Leagues should be respected and that means that the clubs finest 15 representing them.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

maxpower

Have to disagree, I think we need a system whereby clubs get access to their strongest teams as often as possible.  Its not about the strong clubs winning the leagues, its about generating serious interest in our bread and butter games. That's been absent for a number of years, who really wants to see Dunloy with 5 players missing play Cushendall with 8 missing, what is the that going to tell supporters about Championship.

When we get to the level where our leagues are strong and we have serious strength in depth then we can discuss County players only playing County Hurling. County teams have approx 5 NHL games, 2 UHC and 2 LHC, that's 9 weekends surely the leagues can be worked around that
What happens next????

the colonel

in the summer months they should allow the club players to play league games on saturday nights, if they want they can have sessions on the sunday with the county with county games the following sunday.
the difference between success and failure is energy

ha ha derry

Quote from: maxpower on December 16, 2009, 04:56:58 PM
Have to disagree, I think we need a system whereby clubs get access to their strongest teams as often as possible.  Its not about the strong clubs winning the leagues, its about generating serious interest in our bread and butter games. That's been absent for a number of years, who really wants to see Dunloy with 5 players missing play Cushendall with 8 missing, what is the that going to tell supporters about Championship.

When we get to the level where our leagues are strong and we have serious strength in depth then we can discuss County players only playing County Hurling. County teams have approx 5 NHL games, 2 UHC and 2 LHC, that's 9 weekends surely the leagues can be worked around that

Effectively 18 weekends if the 13 day rule for county teams is enforced. Any way, there is nothing that sharpens up a hurler like matches (basic Kilkenny training). The county manager should be pushing for regular club gamesas it,s a good indicator of form players.

theskull1

It is pretty clear from "Admin" on the antrim website that this 10 day rule is staying in place...so much for allowing proper debate  >:( and it is ALL THE CLUBS FAULT FOR FIXTURE SHORTAGES IN THE SUMMER AS THEY WON'T PLAY MATCHES WITHOUT COUNTY PLAYERS

He actually tried to tell me, in as insulting a way possible, that the county didn't train Friday/Sat and Sunday morning before Sunday League Games in the last year of Dinny's reign after the clubs had had enough of these non starred leagues for the prevous years. Thats the sort of revisionist authoritarian thinking we have at play up in Casement. Totally unwilling to even debate anything that might go against their thinking.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ha ha derry

Quote from: theskull1 on December 16, 2009, 06:06:34 PM
It is pretty clear from "Admin" on the antrim website that this 10 day rule is staying in place...so much for allowing proper debate  >:( and it is ALL THE CLUBS FAULT FOR FIXTURE SHORTAGES IN THE SUMMER AS THEY WON'T PLAY MATCHES WITHOUT COUNTY PLAYERS

He actually tried to tell me, in as insulting a way possible, that the county didn't train Friday/Sat and Sunday morning before Sunday League Games in the last year of Dinny's reign after the clubs had had enough of these non starred leagues for the prevous years. Thats the sort of revisionist authoritarian thinking we have at play up in Casement. Totally unwilling to even debate anything that might go against their thinking.

Surely Dinny will have learned from his last stint that the cotton wool treatment does not work. Hurling is all about match speed and intensity, no drill can replicate this like a compeditive match.