Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnie Peg

Quote from: ha ha derry on December 09, 2009, 10:26:09 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 09, 2009, 09:14:21 AM
Lads in all honesty what would JM have to offer loughgiel at this stage and vice versa (maybe scratch the vice versa bit there actually)

Great coach 15-20 years ago, I could understand it if they had gone for an outsider 5-6 years ago when they were at the height of their powers but IMO they are on a downward curve now.

Also heard they approached a Derry man first.

They were scraping the barrel there!

NAG1

Haha who would that have been then?

Sure did they not have a Derry man running the show down there for the last few years anyway?

shambo

aye they did,  and a footballer. Bellaghy man

ha ha derry

no the man they asked used to manage the lynchs.

shambo

Quote from: ha ha derry on December 09, 2009, 09:17:41 PM
no the man they asked used to manage the lynchs.

no they had a Bellaghy man. played full forward. teacher in Ballycastle he coached them for 3/4 years

shambo

Quote from: NAG1 on December 09, 2009, 12:17:33 PM
Haha who would that have been then?

Sure did they not have a Derry man running the show down there for the last few years anyway?

was this post HS

ha ha derry

Quote from: hardstation on December 09, 2009, 11:10:16 PM
Right. I'm confused.

As far as I can see.......

ha ha is saying that Loughiel asked an ex Dungiven manager before they asked Jim Nelson.

Thats exactly what im saying.

Glensman

Shambo - Joe Cassidy ran the show in Loughgeil for a couple of years - he is from Bellaghy. End of that chapter.

The Shamrocks approached a Derry man THIS YEAR who used to manage Dungiven. End of that chapter.

Who is the Derry man? Big Show?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Glensman on December 10, 2009, 11:56:53 AM
Shambo - Joe Cassidy ran the show in Loughgeil for a couple of years - he is from Bellaghy. End of that chapter.

The Shamrocks approached a Derry man THIS YEAR who used to manage Dungiven. End of that chapter.

You would think they could muster up an experienced ex clubman with the clout to whip them into shape. Their Championship woes has them clutching at straws it seems.

ha ha derry

Yip.

Glensman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 10, 2009, 04:45:55 PM

You would think they could muster up an experienced ex clubman with the clout to whip them into shape. Their Championship woes has them clutching at straws it seems.

Unfortunately, they may have been there and done that a couple of times.

Though I would get the first flight out of the country if they won the county championship (and maybe stay away til they get beat in the Ulster/All Ireland series) I hope Loughgeil get the breakthrough soon. Shared success can only be a good thing.

On the subject of the Bodies any word on whether Watson is linking up with Antrim and Dinny this year?

NAG1

I would say Dinny is preparing the cotton wool as we speak and the memo will be sent out to all county referees!  ;)

the colonel

Quote from: Glensman on December 11, 2009, 09:32:06 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 10, 2009, 04:45:55 PM

Unfortunately, they may have been there and done that a couple of times.

Though I would get the first flight out of the country if they won the county championship (and maybe stay away til they get beat in the Ulster/All Ireland series) I hope Loughgeil get the breakthrough soon. Shared success can only be a good thing.On the subject of the Bodies any word on whether Watson is linking up with Antrim and Dinny this year?

never in my life time would I want that to happen. shocker there Glensman
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

I'm back :D

that was wild, my account seemed to be hacked into with my email adress changed and i could not get on the bloody board. not much going on anyway.

all clubs finished up for the winter (well some clubs till going ;)) so things are quiet. anyword on the leagues changing?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2009, 09:45:10 PM
I'm back :D

that was wild, my account seemed to be hacked into with my email adress changed and i could not get on the bloody board. not much going on anyway.

all clubs finished up for the winter (well some clubs till going ;)) so things are quiet. anyword on the leagues changing?

Imposter
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"