Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Hardstation I would have thought that a man of your experience would at least have known the answer to one of those questions.  ;)

johnneycool

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 21, 2009, 12:31:52 PM
NAG Sambo trained Ballycran the week before they played Ballygalget in the Down final,which was the same day Dunloy played C'Dall in the Antrim final....so he's hardly doing it to stop Dunloy is he?

Sambo has been going down to Ballycran for a good few years, so its not a new thing but will it be seen as disloyal to Antrim if Ballycran do get one over on the Antrim champions?

As for the game, Ballycran are physically quite small all over the park and I'd have thought they'd be hoping for a dry sod and good weather as they are quite quick all over the park, barring the likes of Gazza and Mick who never really had speed anyway. They're tenacious enough and tackle in packs making it hard for the man in possession to get rid of the ball with any accuracy. I think they'll certainly make a game of it and if they can prevent Dunloy getting enough of the ball just might sneak it.
If Dunloy get the opportunities to pick out their men the way they like to then the Crans will have an uphill battle but I'd envisage then Crans playing an extra man deep especially early on, probably Wilson to shore up the defence and hope that his long raking clearances hit spaces for the two Crans corner forwards to get onto.
If the Crans get that bit of luck you sometimes need then they could do it.

hope I haven't jinxed them..

Nemo

i think it will all hinge on the first 10 - 15 mins

Dunloys backs are poor, in particular their full back line - Ballycran need to score a goal or two in this period to have any chance.

i still believe Dunloy will win by 5 or 6 at least.

as said, the weather could swing things either way.

The Buzz

Heard dungannon players were goading the st.galls players last night, anyone know anything about it?
When you lose a game there was a row at half time, when you when it the team talk was inspirational!

Minder

Quote from: The Buzz on October 21, 2009, 05:00:38 PM
Heard dungannon players were goading the st.galls players last night, anyone know anything about it?

What could they possibly have been "goading" them about after the hammering they got?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

maxpower

Was just thinking the same.

Busy times for some of the St Galls lads in U21 semi final, ulster Intermediate Final and Ulster football final.

Be a terrific achievement to win senior football and intermediate hurling, Dunly nearly achieved this in 2007 but lost the football final to Cavan champions

As too our own game at the weekend, I don't think the weather will have much of an impact, i believe both teams have pacey forwards who like to move the ball quick on a dry surface and so if the weather is bad it will suit neither.

What happens next????

Clár Fograí

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2009, 01:01:08 PM
How much is he getting?
Is he value for money?

Things from Cushendall dont come cheap pal!  First of all there is the Spuds, Sambo and then me!  Nothing cheap about us in Cushendall.
Anyone for tea? Close that F**king gate quick.  Hi Tyrone, FFS stop eating all the Mars bars.

Clár Fograí

Just heard from my South Antrim Board Colleagues.  I see St. Johns are continuing to implement their assault and battery policy among their underage ranks.  Poor Sarsfields lad on the receiving end this time.  Absolute disgrace!!!!!!!!!

I just hope the SA Board administer a harsh sanction.
Anyone for tea? Close that F**king gate quick.  Hi Tyrone, FFS stop eating all the Mars bars.

Clár Fograí

Quote from: johnneycool on October 21, 2009, 01:21:24 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 21, 2009, 12:31:52 PM
NAG Sambo trained Ballycran the week before they played Ballygalget in the Down final,which was the same day Dunloy played C'Dall in the Antrim final....so he's hardly doing it to stop Dunloy is he?

Sambo has been going down to Ballycran for a good few years, so its not a new thing but will it be seen as disloyal to Antrim if Ballycran do get one over on the Antrim champions?

As for the game, Ballycran are physically quite small all over the park and I'd have thought they'd be hoping for a dry sod and good weather as they are quite quick all over the park, barring the likes of Gazza and Mick who never really had speed anyway. They're tenacious enough and tackle in packs making it hard for the man in possession to get rid of the ball with any accuracy. I think they'll certainly make a game of it and if they can prevent Dunloy getting enough of the ball just might sneak it.
If Dunloy get the opportunities to pick out their men the way they like to then the Crans will have an uphill battle but I'd envisage then Crans playing an extra man deep especially early on, probably Wilson to shore up the defence and hope that his long raking clearances hit spaces for the two Crans corner forwards to get onto.
If the Crans get that bit of luck you sometimes need then they could do it.

hope I haven't jinxed them..

Not a chance in hell of Ballycran overturning Dunloy.  Everybody wrote them off in the county final.  Lets look at he facts:  Won the feis Cup, On top of Div 1 League.  Lets not write them off the way so many did before the county final.  Class and expereince will prevail!  Ballycran will need more that a bit of luck.

Clár Fograí

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2009, 07:08:16 PM
Quote from: Clár Fograí on October 21, 2009, 06:18:16 PM
Just heard from my South Antrim Board Colleagues.  I see St. Johns are continuing to implement their assault and battery policy among their underage ranks.  Poor Sarsfields lad on the receiving end this time.  Absolute disgrace!!!!!!!!!

I just hope the SA Board administer a harsh sanction.
Suimiuil.
What happened?

Unaccustomed as I am to spreading rumour/gossip, it's really not for me to say given my long term position within the county.  But lets just say the game had to be abandoned.  But remember, I was not there constable/your honour!

Clár Fograí

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2009, 07:54:26 PM
Ach sure you've the story half toul at this stage.

My lips are sealed, is'nt that right Tyrone/John?

Clár Fograí

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2009, 09:07:07 PM
Were you ever in Castlereagh?

Yeah, I was in Castlereagh recently,  but only to borrow tea bags/coffee and bickies for the VIPs, visitors, stewards, refs/umpires and hangers on at Casement. Sure me big salary and new car has to be paid for somehow.

FFS Tyrone, close that gate at Owenvarragh!  All them St. Johns men will want in for nothing as usuall.

Clár Fograí

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2009, 09:22:00 PM
Should there not be a fada on the o in Fógraí?

Yes, you are right a chará - 100%.  But my keyboard was playing up.

Clár Fograí

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2009, 09:28:19 PM
Quote from: Clár Fograí on October 21, 2009, 09:26:02 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2009, 09:22:00 PM
Should there not be a fada on the o in Fógraí?

Yes, you are right a chará - 100%.  But my keyboard was playing up.
Ah, there it is. You must have put it above the last a in cara by mistake.

These keyboards in Casement are crap.  I think the Brits left them behind when they were garrisoned here.

Hi Tyrone, run down to PC World and get me a new 'Irish keyboard' ya useless, good for nothing b*ll*cks  I wish I was back in the Ulster Council.

Clár Fograí

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2009, 09:32:31 PM
:D

Dont laugh Hardstation, some bollocks's on here will kick me off now.

Who is Shiela Carville anyway HardStation. An old flame maybe?