Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

Sambo is his own man and quite entitled to do as he pleases, surprises me though given his recent quote about not being able to coach a team that didn't wear Maroon or Saffron.

to be fair i always felt Cushendall would have been good supporters of Dunloy in the Ulster Series in the past, and indeed Dunloy of Cushendall, in fact i've been to everyone of Cushendalls games in the AI series since Wolf Tones pipped them
What happens next????

theskull1

So he's taking Ballycran for a few sessions I take it?

Sure Seamus Elliott took quite a few sessions with Ballygalget in recent years when they we're in Ulster and beyond. I doubt if both were/are doing it for the loathing of another team.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Seamus Elliott wasnt the out going county manager at the time he did that Skull, I just found it a very strange one and would be overly happy in your position. But maybe your taking the more mature approach on it.

the colonel

So your 100% sure of this NAG, I know hes good friends with Gary Savage, but one mans work shouldnt be the same opinion of all from Cushendall towards Dunloy. Im sure if Dunloy would have asked him he would have said yes, although with the guys Dunloy have he wouldn't be needed
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

Look guys believe it or not I am not trying to start anything between the posters on here, I heard it from a good friend of mine. Just was interested in other opinions on it. In my opinion it leaves a bad taste in the mouth, Dunloy having beaten Cushendall recently. But as has been said he is his own man and can do as he pleases.

theskull1

Gary Hello Terence?
Sambo Yes
Gary Gary Savage here....listen...was wondering if you wouldn't mind coming up and taking a few sessions for us just to keep things fresh coming up to the ulster final? We think the boys would really benefit from your knowledge and experience of the game
Sambo OK yeah ..no bother Gary me old mate

No big deal NAG....think you've took the wrong perspective in looking at it in that way.

NAG1

Oh Skull to be living in your candy coated world.

theskull1

Glensman

Skull living in a candy coated world?!....have you read about 90% of the man's posts??!! Certainly does not think too much is candy coated in our wee county and to be honest he wouldn't be far wrong.

Agree with the stance on Sambo though. Big deal and if Dunloy want to use it as extra motivation then so be it. Ballycran don't wear Maroon or Saffron (unless the yellow in their stripes...)

Wouldn't exactly sing Sambo's praises for doing it but I would guess its not symptomatic of the feelings of the whole of Cushendall.

Any predictions - a hard enough one to call. Dunloy by 4 for me.

NAG1

I would have thought going to this level that McGourty would be a massive loss to Ballycran though they do seem to coped ok so far. Alot will depend on the start if Dunloy get out of the blocks can see them going to town on them but if they dont get a good start could be a tough day at the office. The weather could have a say in it as a wet day - low scoring affair is going to suit Ballycran better.

ha ha derry

6 points+ to dunloy. just basing that on ballycrans semi final performance. i don,t think the cran will score any goals.

Two Hands FFS

NAG Sambo trained Ballycran the week before they played Ballygalget in the Down final,which was the same day Dunloy played C'Dall in the Antrim final....so he's hardly doing it to stop Dunloy is he?

theskull1

Two games are never the same haha

ha ha derry

dunloy keeper and full back are good enough. the cornerbacks will have learned / improved from the antrim final. they did have shakey moments in the first quarter.

NAG1

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 21, 2009, 12:31:52 PM
NAG Sambo trained Ballycran the week before they played Ballygalget in the Down final,which was the same day Dunloy played C'Dall in the Antrim final....so he's hardly doing it to stop Dunloy is he?

That wasnt my inference, I was merely asking for an opinion on which I got thanks.