Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: maxpower on August 31, 2009, 11:55:16 AM
First of all my condolscenes to the friends, family & respective clubs of both Arthur Forsythe and Mark McKeegan,

As for our own game v Glenarriffe.  A few points

1. Glenarriffe did not deserve to lose the game and Dunloy did not deserve to win
2. there is no subsitute for class - Ally Elliott has it in spades
3. Tosh is very much county standard
4. Herbie refereed the game well, not many contentious decisions, Tosh had to go and both yellows were unnessecary and quite blatant
5. Dunloy will need serious. serious improvement to be competitive

Any dates on when the postponed match will be played
Big, big chance missed for Glenariffe to reach the final. A Dall v Oisin's final would probably have ended in a bloodbath though. Maybe it's for the best.

milltown row

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 31, 2009, 01:43:29 PM
Quote from: maxpower on August 31, 2009, 11:55:16 AM
First of all my condolscenes to the friends, family & respective clubs of both Arthur Forsythe and Mark McKeegan,

As for our own game v Glenarriffe.  A few points

1. Glenarriffe did not deserve to lose the game and Dunloy did not deserve to win
2. there is no subsitute for class - Ally Elliott has it in spades
3. Tosh is very much county standard
4. Herbie refereed the game well, not many contentious decisions, Tosh had to go and both yellows were unnessecary and quite blatant
5. Dunloy will need serious. serious improvement to be competitive

Any dates on when the postponed match will be played
Big, big chance missed for Glenariffe to reach the final. A Dall v Oisin's final would probably have ended in a bloodbath though. Maybe it's for the best.

like the Cushendall v Ballycastle final?? ;D

Peggy

i heard the lguile v cdall final was on sun 13th..bit of a joke that u ave 2wait 2wks for a re-fix,means which ever team does get thru has little time 2prepare for the final!....shud suit lguile down 2t ground tho!

milltown row

Minder

Quote from: Peggy on August 31, 2009, 03:12:55 PM
i heard the lguile v cdall final was on sun 13th..bit of a joke that u ave 2wait 2wks for a re-fix,means which ever team does get thru has little time 2prepare for the final!....shud suit lguile down 2t ground tho!

Two weeks is plenty of time, I would say Dunloy would prefer a two week wait as opposed to a month. Will Winker be back for the 13th?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

thats the same date as the Football Semi Final Cargin V St Galls. Could this be a double header up the country??

Nemo

Quote from: Minder on August 31, 2009, 03:31:43 PM
Quote from: Peggy on August 31, 2009, 03:12:55 PM

Two weeks is plenty of time, I would say Dunloy would prefer a two week wait as opposed to a month. Will Winker be back for the 13th?

would tend to disagree with that, although the Dunloy posters would inform us better im sure

IMO after their two poor performances Dunloy will welcome the 4 weeks of hard training to get things right and to get players back from slight injuries.

is this date correct, i think im working that weekend, need to book it off then.

Minder

Im not sure you will see a huge improvement from Dunloy, going on the Ballycastle and Glenariffe games I just don't think they have the players to beat Cushendall.

Nemo

Quote from: Minder on August 31, 2009, 04:45:03 PM
Im not sure you will see a huge improvement from Dunloy, going on the Ballycastle and Glenariffe games I just don't think they have the players to beat Cushendall.

thats if it is Cushendall, ive a feeling Loughgiel might sneak that semi.

but i dont think Dunloy will play as badly in the Final as they have the last two games.

Cannon Fodder

Shamrocks have been poor all season, no evidence of them having the fire power to take out the reigning Champions Cushendall. Bringing back the prodical son would only upset the applecart me thinks ???

From watching the opening rounds of the championship it is the Ruairi`s to loose

Minder

Glenariffe beat Clooney Gaels 3-28 to 2-6 tonight.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 30, 2009, 07:09:31 PM
Quote from: milltown row on August 30, 2009, 06:24:51 PM
Quote from: Queenie on August 30, 2009, 01:33:44 PM
Quote from: milltown row on August 30, 2009, 10:51:38 AM
read an article recently about the chairman blaming internet forums for the demise of Antrim hurling!!!! FFS what is he on about?

What are you on about MR FFS, wheres the fact and the evidence?

thursdays andytown news. he blamed internet fourms. not my words his, if you care to read it you might get it online
http://www.belfastmedia.com/sport_home_article.php?ID=1552

For an educated man, the good doctor sometimes comes across as an awful tom fool.

This is another such occasion.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Peggy

that date hasnt been confirmed, its jus the word thats circulating at the min!
the title is def cdall's to loose but at the same time they only ave half a team compared to the startin 15 in the 08 final, theres jus more chat about lguiles missing foe than there is of cdalls, would b a tough call 2predict a winner!

Peggy

winkers suspension is up on sunday comin if it wasnt already appealed n dropped.....read my last msg bk after posting it, sounded a bit harsh....wot i meant was cdall are missin half the team that started in last years final......ave sum good young boys comin thru n playin well..i didnt mean 2b disrespectful 2 any of the players in any way.... b4 sum1 is ready 2hang, draw n quarter me!  ;D

NAG1

Peggy any chance we could leave the txt speak for the HS?

I think it would be a disgrace if this fixture is not played at the weekend, simply to suit all the officials yearly gravy trip to croke park for the weekend. Get it played on the saturday evening whereever.

As for LW's suspension as he was sent off in the championship he automatically misses the next game in said competition so it doesnt matter when the game is played in that regard.

The other semi final was a drab enough affair but if you take it that dunloy were 9 points up in the first half and then conceded what they would feel were 3 sloppy goals that would be an 18 point swing in my calculations. Fair play to Glenarrife for putting it up to them but I would say the bell is being rung to early on this Dunloy team. Still would have Cushendall as good favourites for the title.