Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

read an article recently about the chairman blaming internet forums for the demise of Antrim hurling!!!! FFS what is he on about?

Hoof Hearted

he was called Mark McKeegan according to BBC teletext
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

monkey

From County website:
"Due to the tragic death of Mark Mc Keegan,in a road traffic accident,todays Senior Hurling Championship game  between Cushendall & Loughgiel has been postponed"

Queenie

See Herbie is in for a bit of a slating from Glenariffe people.  Oh to be a referee!  WBFFSRef is right I think!

Poor Herbie, probably one of the better referees in the county, certainly does not warrant that abuse or criticism.

What have you got to say about that WBFFSRef?

Sad news about Arthur Forsythe and that young lad McKeegan.
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

Queenie

Quote from: milltown row on August 30, 2009, 10:51:38 AM
read an article recently about the chairman blaming internet forums for the demise of Antrim hurling!!!! FFS what is he on about?

What are you on about MR FFS, wheres the fact and the evidence?
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

milltown row

Quote from: Queenie on August 30, 2009, 01:33:44 PM

thursdays andytown news. he blamed internet fourms. not my words his, if you care to read it you might get it online

Minder

Will the postponement today be of any benefit to Loughgile? Getting players back etc etc
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on August 30, 2009, 06:24:51 PM
Quote from: Queenie on August 30, 2009, 01:33:44 PM

thursdays andytown news. he blamed internet fourms. not my words his, if you care to read it you might get it online
http://www.belfastmedia.com/sport_home_article.php?ID=1552

milltown row

watched St Paul's v Lamhs in the intermediate semi. conditions were bad but Lamhs managed to win by a point in the end.

the game before it was the junior semi final, Davitts v Rasharkin. what a dire game. Junior hurling has hit a serious low.

rasharkin won through in the end on a scoreline of 2-14 to 1-1

johnneycool

Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 28, 2009, 05:42:57 PM
Quote from: Guillem2 on August 28, 2009, 01:32:06 PM
Glenariffe have some good forwads but Dunloy will still beat them handy enough. I'd say 7-8 pts in it at the end.

I'm predicting an surpriset in the second match.  Loughgiel will finish with 15 men.

It could be a lot worse, St. Johns could be playing!

We had a wee visit to rainy Corrigan yesterday and came away with a two point victory, 0-11 to 0-13. Poor enough fare but i'll blame the rain for that although some of our lads striking was poor including magic who had an off day yesterday and miss hit some fairly scoreable frees whereas Brian (what a tan!) McFaull was as ever faultless from the dead ball. Some of our lads have a tendency to give away soft frees especailly when their opponent is facing away from the goals, absolutely needless and senseless and worse still some were warned about it before the game.
Johnnies miffed at the defeat with Torney getting abuse on his way off with the immortal words 'I paid £3 in, I'll say whatever f**k I like' ringing in his ears.

maxpower

First of all my condolscenes to the friends, family & respective clubs of both Arthur Forsythe and Mark McKeegan,

As for our own game v Glenarriffe.  A few points

1. Glenarriffe did not deserve to lose the game and Dunloy did not deserve to win
2. there is no subsitute for class - Ally Elliott has it in spades
3. Tosh is very much county standard
4. Herbie refereed the game well, not many contentious decisions, Tosh had to go and both yellows were unnessecary and quite blatant
5. Dunloy will need serious. serious improvement to be competitive

Any dates on when the postponed match will be played
What happens next????

Minder

Max where were Paddy Richmond and Damien Mc Mullan?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

maxpower

Both injured, Paddy had hurt his back and Damien his hand.

What happens next????

Nemo

Quote from: maxpower on August 31, 2009, 11:55:16 AM
First of all my condolscenes to the friends, family & respective clubs of both Arthur Forsythe and Mark McKeegan,

As for our own game v Glenarriffe.  A few points

1. Glenarriffe did not deserve to lose the game and Dunloy did not deserve to win
2. there is no subsitute for class - Ally Elliott has it in spades
3. Tosh is very much county standard
4. Herbie refereed the game well, not many contentious decisions, Tosh had to go and both yellows were unnessecary and quite blatant
5. Dunloy will need serious. serious improvement to be competitive

Any dates on when the postponed match will be played

have to agree with all those points there Max

i think Dunloy will improve considerably for the Final

Any word on when the other Semi will be played.

milltown row

our semi is fixed for Friday night at Casement.