Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Sure he lasted about a week there last year

milltown row

Quote from: hatchetfield on June 30, 2009, 05:44:03 AM
Quote from: milltown row on June 29, 2009, 10:53:57 PM
played a match tonight and I'm fooked, played Hatchets crowd in the beer belly championship (I'm only joking Mods) at the pitch, and for the first time we have grass on the pitch!!!!

we've never really had a hurling pitch (no jokes please) it resembled Saipan but we got your Man McCaff from Gorts who also looks after Casement i think and he's worked wonders. with the weather we have had it has also helped i suppose but bar a couple of patches you can get your hurl under the ball

Played myself MR!!  Escaped the grading system again this year - great to just get out an extra night chasing after a sliotar.  Was just saying to a team mate that thats as good i've seen your pitch and yes the grass was great!!!  Takes a Gort man to sort it, all he needs to do is sort our own out now.

You forgot to mention who won?  ;D

yes ya's won but had ya's on the run for a bit in the second half. if half our players that weren't graded turned up for these matches we'd win most games. a lot of current players involved with the juveniles so it takes away from Southy teams in the club.

Rossa would be favourites for that competition Hatchet and Lamhs aint bad either.

NAG1

Any comment on the other thing MR?

Glensman

In fairness to our CJ twas the year before that he came running home crying to mammy.

He lasted most of the season last year in the states...but then came back to play crap v Cavan Gaels in the Ulster Club for St Galls.

Sambo and Woody gave him a lifeline for the year (which in my opinion they were incorrect to do for morality reasons and playing reasons) and the players seem to have have no issue with him (will have to check sources...) and then he walks out of Casement.

What a wee tube.

Shamrock

Feis finals this weekend.....back to this time of year. Championship is around the corner. We play our friends Dunloy on Sunday evening. Should be a competitive game as both needs wont want to lose. We are ticking over nicely but then again we always are at this time!! Any word about make up of North Antrim team. I heard they beat ballycran over the weekend. Our own Joe Scullion is helping with the team.

Lecale2

How are Ballela getting on in the South Antrim league?

theskull1

Quote from: Shamrock on June 30, 2009, 09:11:39 PM
Feis finals this weekend.....back to this time of year. Championship is around the corner. We play our friends Dunloy on Sunday evening. Should be a competitive game as both needs wont want to lose. We are ticking over nicely but then again we always are at this time!! Any word about make up of North Antrim team. I heard they beat ballycran over the weekend. Our own Joe Scullion is helping with the team.

:o  :o  :o

Never mind the Feis Final

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Whitehair

Quote from: hatchetfield on July 01, 2009, 09:53:11 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on July 01, 2009, 09:01:07 AM

Not great i think.  They got a draw against us, we were up by 15 believe it or not and they cam back and got a draw but asides from that, everyone i've spoken to tells me they've been getting hammered.  Couple of good hurlers though

I wouldn't quite say getting hammered every match. We'v played 9, won 4, drew 1 and lost 4. We'r normally missing 2-3 of our best hurlers on monday nights and 4 fella's who play have only really started playing hurling this year so its a useful enough exercise for us with a large contrast in playing ability within the team.

glens abu

Quote from: Glensman on June 30, 2009, 05:17:19 PM
In fairness to our CJ twas the year before that he came running home crying to mammy.

He lasted most of the season last year in the states...but then came back to play crap v Cavan Gaels in the Ulster Club for St Galls.

Sambo and Woody gave him a lifeline for the year (which in my opinion they were incorrect to do for morality reasons and playing reasons) and the players seem to have have no issue with him (will have to check sources...) and then he walks out of Casement.

What a wee tube.

Have to agree with you Glensman he should never have been allowed onto the Hurling panel,he is a total disgrace when all saffs are so proud of our county after last weekend,hope thats him gone for good.

Whitehair

Quote from: hatchetfield on July 01, 2009, 02:37:48 PM
Quote from: Whitehair on July 01, 2009, 12:56:16 PM

Not great i think.  They got a draw against us, we were up by 15 believe it or not and they cam back and got a draw but asides from that, everyone i've spoken to tells me they've been getting hammered.  Couple of good hurlers though

I wouldn't quite say getting hammered every match. We'v played 9, won 4, drew 1 and lost 4. We'r normally missing 2-3 of our best hurlers on monday nights and 4 fella's who play have only really started playing hurling this year so its a useful enough exercise for us with a large contrast in playing ability within the team.

Well i don't doubt your effort - in fact your intention to travel every game is to be admired (apart from last monday when you's failed to field against us!!).  In my post i wrote something about people telling me you's are getting hammered.  I wrote "Not great i think.".  Unfortunately i don't follow the south antrim leagues with great vigour so sorry if i offended you.  I'm sure your missing players are great

Im not offended in the slightest, its just we'v ambitons to enter the All County league and the teams we put out on a monday wouldnt be a fair reflection of our standard.

THE DADGA

Quote from: Whitehair on July 01, 2009, 03:01:06 PM
Quote from: hatchetfield on July 01, 2009, 02:37:48 PM
Quote from: Whitehair on July 01, 2009, 12:56:16 PM

Well i don't doubt your effort - in fact your intention to travel every game is to be admired (apart from last monday when you's failed to field against us!!).  In my post i wrote something about people telling me you's are getting hammered.  I wrote "Not great i think.".  Unfortunately i don't follow the south antrim leagues with great vigour so sorry if i offended you.  I'm sure your missing players are great

Im not offended in the slightest, its just we'v ambitons to enter the All County league and the teams we put out on a monday wouldnt be a fair reflection of our standard.

wow the all county league?? use must be doin pretty well in the down league. were are use? top or there abouts??

Shamrock

Quote from: theskull1 on July 01, 2009, 11:39:16 AM

:D :D :D :D

Have been in hiding these past 9 months after the beating we took in last years final :'(. But time is a good healer and hope is eternal :)

What do you make Skull of final being in glenarm? think it will def affect the crowd. There was a great crowd for last years final in your place.

Whitehair

Quotewow the all county league?? use must be doin pretty well in the down league. were are use? top or there abouts??

Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition, your club could do with a bit instead of playing 6-7 games a year like you did last year! ;) .... Anyway this isn't the thread for that discussion.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Shamrock on July 01, 2009, 04:01:26 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on July 01, 2009, 11:39:16 AM

:D :D :D :D

Have been in hiding these past 9 months after the beating we took in last years final :'(. But time is a good healer and hope is eternal :)

What do you make Skull of final being in glenarm? think it will def affect the crowd. There was a great crowd for last years final in your place.
They can't decide the location of the Feis on who they think will be in the final of the Feis Cup. If youse were that interested you would travel to Glenarm - it's not Cork!

maxpower

With the weather to involve torrential downpours for the rest of the week and Sunday included will Glenarm have the parking facilities to cope with the feis.

How's thing going with the Shamrocks this year, will youse be missing many this weekend
What happens next????