Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

was a strange game today. the first half was very forgetable and the second half created a bagfull of errors that made the game entertaining.

Shane McNaughton showed a lot of skill and speed today. had a great game IMO. as for the rest well Karl mck plucked some balls from the air and hurled rightly Joey was good in the first ten minutes and never seen him hit ball Kerian McGourty had a great game (I'll try and not be biased) caught a lot of ball and played very well. McGarry done well on 'Magic' and Grafton done enough on Braniff.

Down can go on and win the Christy Ring cup next week i think, I'll have a wee punt on them as that match was better than two training sessions

who's back tony?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on June 28, 2009, 07:32:18 PM
was a strange game today. the first half was very forgetable and the second half created a bagfull of errors that made the game entertaining.

Shane McNaughton showed a lot of skill and speed today. had a great game IMO. as for the rest well Karl mck plucked some balls from the air and hurled rightly Joey was good in the first ten minutes and never seen him hit ball Kerian McGourty had a great game (I'll try and not be biased) caught a lot of ball and played very well. McGarry done well on 'Magic' and Grafton done enough on Braniff.

Down can go on and win the Christy Ring cup next week i think, I'll have a wee punt on them as that match was better than two training sessions

who's back tony?
One of your old mates had a rant at you littered with profanity about how you were a useless **** etc. They've since deleted the post.

milltown row

i missed it >:(

under what name this time? i know i'm cute but these bunny boilers need to stop ;)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on June 28, 2009, 07:54:56 PM
i missed it >:(

under what name this time? i know i'm cute but these bunny boilers need to stop ;)
Can't remember. Something like shrek - they only had 6 posts so it wouldn't be hard to track them down. Is there anywhere you can view all the board members? It was in response to your post about Dinny Cahill so it could be a relative of SASLinger.

On the match, yet again I don't think many Antrim players stood out. Karl McKeegan was steady enough but it really pisses me off the way he goes to ground anytime someone "rubs up against him". He's not playing football for Tyrone! Joey Scullion roasted their right corner back in the first ten minutes but did little in the remaining sixty mins from what I could see. Didn't think McManus was any great shakes either although he got a few handy scores. Shane McNaughton was the pick of the front six.

Minder

"Seth" was the poster Milltown. The post was made from the control tower in Casement
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

slow corner back

It was good to see SmcN convert his club form to county form, Scullion did enough to retain his place for the next day. Very exciting second half but would be concerned about the number of scores conceded, particularly the goals. Having said that Down were well up for it and on that form I reckon they will take Carlow. The question being if they do who will they replace Antrim or Laois???

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on June 28, 2009, 08:10:55 PM
"Seth" was the poster Milltown. The post was made from the control tower in Casement
Seth was the very boy. Minder knows a lot about this ;)

milltown row

aye Shane was the best forward on show without doubt. he still has serious speed and took his scores well today. can we beat Laois? well we should really. Laois will make a game of it for sure but we should come through in the end.

a few boys on their holidays next week so that will make it harder, Shane and stewarty away i believe. this was a closed date and people arranged holidays around it.

Down showed well didn't panick early on when Antrim were leading by 6/7 points and stuck over the chances they got so credit to them. i hope they win the Christy ring cup now.

so who'll take over from Sambo and Woody? think they have said they will be packing it in this year

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on June 28, 2009, 08:25:49 PM
aye Shane was the best forward on show without doubt. he still has serious speed and took his scores well today. can we beat Laois? well we should really. Laois will make a game of it for sure but we should come through in the end.

a few boys on their holidays next week so that will make it harder, Shane and stewarty away i believe. this was a closed date and people arranged holidays around it.

Down showed well didn't panick early on when Antrim were leading by 6/7 points and stuck over the chances they got so credit to them. i hope they win the Christy ring cup now.

so who'll take over from Sambo and Woody? think they have said they will be packing it in this year
Ger Loughnane ;D or Jingo and Johnny Tosh ;)

bredaghgael86

Quote from: groundlie on June 28, 2009, 11:40:24 PM
To be honest I thought our backs where seriously ropey. 4 goals against a poor Down team is pretty awful stuff. Forwards were good in patches, Scullion, Shane etc. Shane McN is a funny hurler, he looks the part in ulster, but, never makes any showing against good tight defenders across the border. McKeegan was the best player on show by a mile today. Think today proved we need a new manager.

thats a bit harsh dont you think? down put antrim under a lot of pressure and forced the errors. was a good gam though, thought we were going to steal it at the end.

Last Man

Team sport, he just doesn't get it. Not an ounce of humility or honesty in the fella, behaviour typical of a spoiled brat.
The squad should insist on an appology and if not forthcoming he should be asked to leave the panel.
It might get him a few column inches in the back pages which is what he seems to crave more than anything. ::)

Minder

Quote from: hatchetfield on June 29, 2009, 04:41:38 PM
What is to be made of the bould CJ leaving Casement before the supporters did.  While the celebrations were happening, he was getting changed and walking out the gates?  Raging cuz he didn't get a place?  Somewhere more important to be? 

Couldn't help but notice that the boys who have been there and trained all year without getting a run out i.e. McKillop, Duffin etc ere celebrating with their team-mates.  Compare and contrast!
Dont tell me any of you are surprised at his behaviour? Self absorbed would be an understatement............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

played a match tonight and I'm fooked, played Hatchets crowd in the beer belly championship (I'm only joking Mods) at the pitch, and for the first time we have grass on the pitch!!!!

we've never really had a hurling pitch (no jokes please) it resembled Saipan but we got your Man McCaff from Gorts who also looks after Casement i think and he's worked wonders. with the weather we have had it has also helped i suppose but bar a couple of patches you can get your hurl under the ball

Last Man

Have to say MR, your old pitch in the summer time was one of the nicest surfaces to hurl on in the county, but the new one has resembled a lunar land scape at times. Have to say Casement looked great on Sunday to, goes to show the skill in looking after our pitches properly.

NAG1

What is to be made of the bould CJ leaving Casement before the supporters did.  While the celebrations were happening, he was getting changed and walking out the gates?  Raging cuz he didn't get a place?  Somewhere more important to be? 

Couldn't help but notice that the boys who have been there and trained all year without getting a run out i.e. McKillop, Duffin etc ere celebrating with their team-mates.  Compare and contrast!

Dont tell me any of you are surprised at his behaviour? Self absorbed would be an understatement............

Sure from what I hear he has somewhere else to be across the pond? MR any clarification on this?