Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anailís

Possibly Rossa, NAG.
Didn't they use to put off all their league games until the end of the season, then play a few teams at the tail end of the year, to secure their league status.
The arrival of the league cut-off date probably put paid to that tactic for a lot of teams though.
Looks like Dunloy are getting back on track, with a few players still missing.

NAG

Rossa have just been a shambles for the last few years so I dont know if I would count them in that but I do take your point.

maxpower

Quote from: NAG on May 11, 2009, 10:14:29 AM
Any other results?

Is there any other team that anyone can think of that treats the league with more contempt than Cushendall?

The Dall have a talent for it, i certainly don't think any other team could go for serious runs without wins and still have the confidence when it matters in Championship.

In saying that, when they play league matches they are off a fairly decent intensity, its just they juggle the team about so much.

Chat yesterday was they had alot of retirements.  One thing thay have in abundance is Centre Half Backs, Aaron Graffin played there yesterday and as always was very good (great hands), then you could choose between Karl or McManus.
What happens next????

Minder

Quote from: maxpower on May 11, 2009, 11:12:39 AM
Quote from: NAG on May 11, 2009, 10:14:29 AM
Any other results?

Is there any other team that anyone can think of that treats the league with more contempt than Cushendall?

The Dall have a talent for it, i certainly don't think any other team could go for serious runs without wins and still have the confidence when it matters in Championship.

In saying that, when they play league matches they are off a fairly decent intensity, its just they juggle the team about so much.

Chat yesterday was they had alot of retirements.  One thing thay have in abundance is Centre Half Backs, Aaron Graffin played there yesterday and as always was very good (great hands), then you could choose between Karl or McManus.

Who has packed it in ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

maxpower

Jaysus Minder thats a whil strap line you have on your messages!!!

I'm sure they'll be persuaded back and you often hear these things with the dall but i asked after the match where AD and Kevin Elliott were and was told they'd packed it in. 
What happens next????

Minder

Quote from: maxpower on May 11, 2009, 11:26:16 AM
Jaysus Minder thats a whil strap line you have on your messages!!!

I'm sure they'll be persuaded back and you often hear these things with the dall but i asked after the match where AD and Kevin Elliott were and was told they'd packed it in. 

They have a lot of "miles on the clock" but AD would only be 31 and Elliott 28ish.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

north aontroim gael

Good result for Dunloy I'm sure they will be gearing there season towards one game and thats the championship final after coming so close to getting there last year.  Im not surprised Cushendall are missing a few at the minute the were hurling right up until February so probably glad of a few months of but I still see them as big favourites when championship gets going.

north aontroim gael

Anybody care to hazard a guess for the Saffrons starting line up against Dublin?  I hope Shorty can make it as he would be a big boost even for his accuracy from dead balls alone.

theskull1

I think anybody who knows the local game knows that there is nothing to be taken from yesterdays match. Cushendall go out of their way at this time of year to make everyone think all is not rosy in the garden (retirements/fall outs/drink/bad attitudes etc etc) and back this up with poor league performances. Then wham bam championship comes along and they are a tight as ever with the full compliment pushing for places. Monty(s) will be there, AD will be there, Kevin Elliott will be there...even big Jack will be there when we get to the business end. Anyone who thinks different is a fool
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north aontroim gael

Couldnt of put it better myself.

NAG

True enough Skull

Dont think anyone could name the antrim team including S&W at the moment. Shorty doesnt look like he is going to make. Pinkie has a broken finger/ Hand as does Karl McK. Plus even if they had a full compliment god knows what team they would pick anyway.

theskull1

On the Shorty point NAG. I was totally disgusted with what I read in Saturdays irish new. The focus should be about getting the player back to full health. Not "hoping" he is "ready" to play against Dublin. I fully expect them to have him playing a part even if he is 50% right.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

seth

Shorty is an exceptional talent and should be given all the time he needs, antrim need him for the future not the present!! Should,nt make himself available if he,s not 100%

NAG

Skull this is what I have been going on about for ages with this Management team, one of them actually claimed shorty had been in for the scan and all when he hadnt been? Now what is that all about?

I agree that the focus should be on having a young antrim hurler rehabed correctly and fit for the rest of the year, not rushed back half fit and the injury prolonged. In all seriousness bar Graffin who has improved as a player under the regime. I strain to think of one other player that has progressed. I hate being negative I really do but time to face facts.